View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 07:46 AM  
just a punk
So fuckin' bored

Industry Role:
Getting into morphing

Five years ago I've developed the morphing RSS feed concept. The idea behind this concept is to provide bloggers with unique content when each post in the RSS feed randomly changes for every affiliate. The idea was implemented in Morphing Feeds WordPress plugin which very soon became the most popular morphing solution among the affiliate programs. But what's about blog owners? Is there a similar solution for them? Yes, and it's called CyberSEO Suite!

Morphing RSS Host Mode

As it's mentioned in the description of CyberSEO Suite, this plugin is able to work in two different modes:
- as an XML/RSS aggregator (this feature has been described in one om my previous posts);
- as morphing RSS host.

Let's a look at the second mode. First of all, we need to understand what it is intended for. Imagine that you have a main hand-written blog and a network of splogs that you want to feed from the main one. The problem is that you can't do it directly. If you simply pull the same post to 100 splogs, Google will consider it as a content duplication, your splogs will be penalted and you won't get the priceless SE traffic. So you have to modify (morph) every post before to pull it to your splogs. Course it can be done manually, but I bet it will take a shitload of time to change the same post 100 or more times. Thus we have to find a way to do it automatically, and this is what the Morphing RSS host mode is created for.

Go to your CyberSEO Suite options menu and enable the "Morphing RSS Host Mode". In this mode your blog turns into a source of morphing feeds that you can syndicate to your splog network. To make your feeds changing, you can use the synonym table (was also described in one of my previous posts) and/or write your blog content (posts) using a special syntax. For example, if your original post has the following sentence: "The [[car|bus|bike]] is [[red|blue|green|yellow|completely broken]]". The generated feeds may look like these:
  • The car is green
  • The bus is yellow
  • The bike is green
  • The car is completely broken
  • etc

This method works with all parts of your blog post: with the tittle, with the post's body (content) and with the pictures. I.e. you may have a few different pictures for each post to supply your other blogs with an unique graphical content.

To be sure that every post you are pulling to other blogs is unique, just add at the end of your feed URL's a special "cxxx_seed" parameter with a some random value. E.g.:
Let's write some example of morphing content:

Quote:
[[Bill Clinton, Al Gore and Bill Gates|Al Gore, Bill Clinton and Bill Gates]] [[all died in plane crash and|have died of old age in a far future and|all choked with crackers and died. So they]] [[went to meet|appear in heaven to see]] [[their maker|God]].
[[The supreme deity|The Creator]] [[turned to All and asked|asked Al Gore first]] [[to tell what is important he can say about himself.|: "now tell me the most important thing about yourself."|"what is your most important achievement, Al?"]]
[[Al|Al Gore|Alan Gore|Mr. Gore]] [[responded|answered]] that he [[felt|always considered]] that [[the World|the Earth|our World]] was the [[ultimate|major]] importance and that [[protecting|defending]] the [[World's|Earth's]] [[ecological system|Eco-system]] was [[most important goal of his life|most significant thing for him|a main goal of all his life]].
[[The Creator|God|The supreme deity|The Maker]] [[eyed all over]] [[Gore|Al]] and [[and said|uttered his declaration]]: "I like the way you think, [[Al|Alan]], [[step ahead and sit by my left hand|come here and sit at my left hand]]". [[The Creator|God|The supreme deity]] then asked [[Bill Clinton|Clinton]] what he revered most.
[[Bill Clinton|Clinton]] answered that he felt people and their personal choices were most important for him. [[The Creator|God|The supreme deity|The Maker]] [[said|responded]]: "I like the way you think, [[step ahead and sit by my right hand|come here and sit at my right hand]]". [[The Creator|God|The supreme deity|The Maker]] then turned to [[Bill Gates|Mr. Gates]], who was staring at him indignantly. [[The Creator|God|The supreme deity|The Maker]] asked "What is your problem [[Bill Gates|Billy|Bill|William]]?"
Bill Gates [[responded|answered|shrieked]]: "I [[believe|think]] you are sitting in [[MY|my]] chair[[!| man!| dude!| mister!| sir...]]"
To see the morphing RSS technology in action, open this feed in IE7 or ForeFox and refresh it as many times as you want, holding the "Shift" key to prevent caching: http://www.cyberseo.net/demo/feed/?cxxx_seed=random

TIP: Use "cxxx_seed=random" parameter to make your feed morph every time it's being pulled.

Have a nice day