View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 10:41 AM  
Serge Litehead
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
a good thing? are you on crack?

take my situation, I'm over 50, I have type 2 diabetes, my blood pressure is kind of "iffy"
I could always buy insurance but it was far too expensive because of my conditions so I pay cash for my treatment, cost me far less each year than the insurance premiums would.
And unlike almost everybody on GFY I only make a modest living, insurance premiums that are higher than my rent are just not sustainable.

But with this idiotic legislation I'm required by law to buy the insurance that I couldn't afford before, or pay a fine to the government.

Now if the insurance the government says I must buy was out of my reach before, what happens when the premiums go up 10% to 20% like the CBO says will happen for people who buy their own insurance? Yet I'll still be required to buy it.

So there goes my retirement.

I suppose I could hide some of my income and try to qualify for the subsidies that come out of my tax money anyway, but I really don't feel like going to prison today.

So my plan is to pay the fine and make the local Emergency Room my Primary Caregiver, at least that way I get something for my money.

I'm all for fixing what's wrong with our system but congress couldn't have found a more wrong way to do it.

And that's the end of my Rant
thats how i read that too: they say "you want health reform? - fine, here's the solution: mandatory insurance for everyone and a bit more taxes on 200-250k incomes"