View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 03:57 PM  
will76
Making $$$$ w/ ClickCash

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by selena View Post
Long term disability insurance is something that I definitely need to look into. Health insurance I have, but I do not have life.

For reasons far too long to go into here, I have been turned down for life by more than one company because of something an asswipe doctor put in my records that ended up on my MIB. I had never heard of MIB before this happened. If you are like me, it is a organization/company owned by hundreds of insurance companies. They use the information that they gather to make underwriting decisions.

The report itself falls under the same type of guidelines as a credit bureau report in that you have the right to see them, you can challenge the info on them, and they will give you a free one once a year.

To the best of my knowledge (which is admittedly limited) a MIB will exist on you if you have applied for life or health insurance with one of the insurance companies that is part of the group.

More Info

Nice post, Will.
You are right about the MIB. All insurance companies use the Medical Information Bureau (MIB) and report to it any adverse information they find out about their clients. Keep that in mind guys if you lie on your app about something that you already made a claim on or something that was documented they will find out about it.

I'm surprised that no one will write you for life insurance especially if you have health insurance. If you want any help contact me and I would be happy to dig into it and see if I can get anywhere with it for you. Disability is a combination of health insurance + income. Its basically like applying for health insurance with proof of your income. Your premium will be determined mainly by your age, job occupation, and health condition, and amount covered. If you are in pretty good health and not trying to cover tens of thousands a month in income, your disability insurance will not cost you a ton of money.

I would be more than happy to help you, just let me know.

PROGRAM SHIT LIST - DO NOT PROMOTE (click link for gfy thread)
FNCash | Media Revenue
will76 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote