View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 11:34 PM  
will76
Making $$$$ w/ ClickCash

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujah View Post
I'll check that out, but keep in mind my point was also to highlight how many people don't have insurance because it's not always easy to get, even if they can afford it. It's not just people who are lazy or broke but professionals too, but especially the self-employed and the options are very limited.

Update: I just checked the information, and went through the carriers for my county, and it was the exact same providers that turned me down. There's nothing wrong me either. I'm mostly healthy, non-smoker, not overweight, but I had visited the doctor and had an inconclusive diagnosis. One of the attorneys I know had a similar issue, except he had taken something like lipitor for a year, about 3 or 4 years ago but hasn't needed it since.
I hope I didn't come across as sounding like people don't have insurance because they are lazy or broke (or cheap), thats wasn't my intention. In most cases, I think people in our industry who don't have it just don't think about it or just don't know better, especially the younger guys who think they are healthy so they don't need to have health insurance. In some cases they may rather spend the money on a nice sports car note instead of health insurance. I wouldn't be surprised with some people. But mainly what I was pointing out is how important it is to know what coverage you have and making sure it is best for you. I would bet 9 out of 10 people have no idea what their deductible, co-insurance, co-pay and max out of pocket is etc.

I looked some more into the coverflorida website and from my understanding you may need to let them know that you are applying through the cover florida plan or make some mention of it. From reading the website it sounds like you shouldn't get denied going through their plan.

Quote:
Question: Will I be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition?
Answer: No, Florida applicants with pre-existing health conditions will not be denied enrollment in a Cover Florida plan. However, Cover Florida plans can exclude payment for treatment of a specific pre-existing condition for one year. After one year, the plan must cover for treatment of pre-existing conditions. During the one-year period, however, you are covered for services that are not related to your pre-existing condition.
I can make some phone calls tomorrow for you if you like? Hit me up if you want me to look into this more.

Also, if you think your diagnosis was from something you were taking that you are no longer taking, you can wait and try again as I mentioned in my first reply.

This stuff isn't rocket science but it isn't exactly easy either, especially dealing with how different states do different things. I can personally understand though how confusing it can be to everyday people. I was that person about 8 years ago. I got my health insurance directly from blue cross and was paying a high premium with low deductible, had no idea what anything was because i never used it. Had no clue how any of it worked. I can relate and appreciate how most people feel.

I also took a 40 hour class a couple weeks ago to help educate myself more.

PROGRAM SHIT LIST - DO NOT PROMOTE (click link for gfy thread)
FNCash | Media Revenue

Last edited by will76; 03-01-2010 at 11:38 PM..
will76 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote