View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 11:09 PM  
Brujah
Beer Money Baron

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by will76 View Post
I just did a little research, if you are in Florida this should help you. Looks like it is their new program that replaced the one mentioned above.

http://www.coverfloridahealthcare.com/

every state should have something setup for people who can't get insured.
I'll check that out, but keep in mind my point was also to highlight how many people don't have insurance because it's not always easy to get, even if they can afford it. It's not just people who are lazy or broke but professionals too, but especially the self-employed and the options are very limited.

Update: I just checked the information, and went through the carriers for my county, and it was the exact same providers that turned me down. There's nothing wrong me either. I'm mostly healthy, non-smoker, not overweight, but I had visited the doctor and had an inconclusive diagnosis. One of the attorneys I know had a similar issue, except he had taken something like lipitor for a year, about 3 or 4 years ago but hasn't needed it since.

Last edited by Brujah; 03-01-2010 at 11:20 PM..
Brujah is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote