View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 11:55 AM  
FreeHugeMovies
Too lazy to set a custom title

Great story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerbunny View Post
Just yesterday, I spoke to "TheButcher"
He icq'd me a few weeks ago to tell me about his site..
at that time I told him I had enough profiles at "webmaster" boards and that I really wasnt interested in any of his ad space. He assured me that I should "find the money" and that all of his advertising clients were very happy with the results of his 1400 dollar a month ad rates. I laughed so hard I puked a little bit...and told him that I'd rather pay a model to shoot a scene than fund a webmasters board with ads. He told me his PR1 site was the #2 webmasters board on the net.. again.. PR1 and 86k at alexa (i doubt its #2 or #10 for that matter) So I decided to look a little further into it, and wouldn't you know.. the topic is exploding on gfy, and with links to tons of threads outing this person as a scammer.

So, rather than just believe everything you read on the internet, I icq him.. with links to the threads here, and other sites asking him WTF this shit is about. Suddenly, he has no idea who I am and refuses to talk to me...though he knew who i was less than 16 hours ago...when he was trying to sell me overrated advertisement space. (which i never buy)

Bottom line is this, when you have more threads about you, and your site being labelled a scam than you have Links IN to your PR1 rated site, you are NOT #2. NOR ARE YOUR AD RATES GOING TO HELP ANYONE. (esspecially when everyone says they don't get what theyve OVER paid for)

FYI - you can advertise on fleshbot for the same amount...but i wouldn't really do that either.
insert bro, mate, and advertising brogram here.
FreeHugeMovies is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote