View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 03:13 PM  
TheSenator
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
As a sponsor I was really frustrated when all of those emails were sent to our affiliates making it sound like we pulled a Nats-type conversion. My understanding was that it would run in tandem with the old system, no one would have to change any links, etc. (and the links ARE all still working / affiliates are still making sales) but those "migration" emails really are misleading and undermine confidence.

For over three weeks our checks have been wrong and stats all screwed up, and on top of that the response to my inquiries has been, frankly, fucking retarded or nonexistent. I don't know if they just blow me off because I'm not a huge sponsor or what, but when pressed they tell me it's a "high priority bug" but just a reporting problem which isn't true if our checks are wrong: they're not deducting any money for affiliate payouts.

When I asked them REPEATEDLY in bold faced red type to check and assure me that affiliates are indeed being paid, their responses ranged from ignoring the question to saying that they aren't sure.

Here's some of the bullshit:

An email I sent (after getting really irritated):

Their response:

Notice how they don't even address the question about affiliates being paid?

So I sent another one:

Here's the lazy-ass response I got:

And my response:

And another non-answer:

And my response:

And they continue to make it sound like it's just beyond the scope of their job description or abilities to figure this out:

Yeah! So we should leave it to affiliates to complain about not being paid for sales that they might not even know they're making? Ugh.

I copied [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] on most or all of those emails. This problem has been going on for us since the week starting 12/6/2009.

These aren't even all of the things I've sent and is only one of the issues we've had with ccbill that have been stunningly lame. I've seen how people respond to any complaints about ccbill on the boards though, as being a mix of ungrateful or petty or the kinds of things high-rolling big shots have too much money to complain about so are therefore ridiculous and should be dismissed. Like ccbill is a paragon of virtue that's totally beyond reproach. I don't know how this kind of fuck-up can be excused, though. It's not so much that there's a bug that bothers me, but the ongoing and consistent stupid responses or avoidance of questions or doing the work necessary to properly answer the questions/concerns.

So yeah, I feel obligated out of paranoia that I'll be digitally stoned for posting these complaints to say I've been with ccbill since 2002 and except for a minor mistake with being doublebilled for visa renewal in 2009 (which they promptly fixed), haven't had any problems getting paid accurately (as a sponsor AND as an affiliate) that I know of until now and of COURSE I am extremely grateful that we can rely on ccbill for third party processing and that there's nothing similar to reliably hold a candle to them.

I am gonna contact a long time CCBill affiliate and see if my sales match up with his.