View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 04:34 PM  
Shap
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Btw Scott someone earlier in the thread mentioned that there is a community based around these signals. That is who you are going after. If you haven't already I'd spend a lot of time in that community and see what they are saying, what they look for and getting their feedback. You have to hit that market just perfect and milk the hell out of them. That is where your opportunity lies. If you look at the marketing that is happening on tube sites it's very aggressive by some very talented marketers. I understand you are trying to launch the site on a showstring budget and that's why I think you really have to fine tune it and cater to the market as well as you possibly can and tapping into that community's wealth of information and desires is going to be the key.

I always look at things as to how they might do today, next year and 2 years from now. The problem with the site is it doesn't look like a site that is launching in 2010. That hurts. This industry has done a lot of damage and burned a lot of innocent surfers. Seeing a site that looks like it's from that time period may bring up those trust issues. I may be wrong. That's just how I see it.
Shap is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote