View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 03:18 PM  
marketsmart
HOMICIDAL TROLL KILLER

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenigo View Post
For the record, Dirty D has not said he doesn't allow PPC campaigns.

He's not saying he wouldn't buy traffic from you that wouldn't otherwise have been his to begin with.

He has a problem with you buying a PPC campaign and sending traffic via a term he organically already owns the #1 result for. Basically you're making money based on his already existing hard work.

That is the definition of "cyber squatting".

What I find so amusing is that every affiliate posting in here claiming this is a legit manner in which to market via PPC, and saying this is a standard way to promote sites. All the while, virtually no major mainstream affiliate program will allow this. Most of the people in this thread are trying to make the argument that "if it's not in the TOS, then it's fair game!" It's almost like saying that because something isn't illegal, makes it a proper & moral thing to do. Most major affiliate programs don't allow this because they've already built a big brand and don't want their efforts exploited by someone selling their efforts right back to them.

No matter what the explanation, this argument will continue simply because there's a fundamental conflict of agendas here. Affiliates want to make money by any means possible, and affiliate programs want to monetize their brand the best & cheapest way possible.

listen buddy, you just don't get it and never will.. regardless of your opinion of right or wrong is, facts are facts.. its not an affiliates fault because a program owner is too lazy or too cheap to have a REAL lawyer draft up their terms.

its like this, if your keyword had any type of decent search results i would have already picked up your domain in .org and .net and within a week or two i would have pushed your site down to #3 and if i really wanted to spend some time, i could probably push you off page one if i wanted to be a little black..

so, please stop pissing me off before i decide to make an example out of you...
marketsmart is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote