View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 03:05 AM  
xenigo
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoughs View Post
You should check the earnings from PPC of companies that allow it, and check the earnings of companies that 'protect' it.

Any guesses which ones make more off PPC?
And how exactly would I go about checking the earnings of a company not owned by me?

The debate is not about which companies that allow PPC. They all do. The debate is if Ebay will allow you to send them PPC traffic using the keyword "Ebay". I'm just using that as an example for illustrative purposes.

Here is a fine example of a company that is protecting itself in a reasonable way that a lot of affiliates here are seeing fit to exploit. Quoted from Ebay Affiliate Program TOS.

Quote:
(2) Unacceptable terms. You shall not purchase or register search engine keywords, AdWords, search terms or other identifying terms that eBay considers in its sole discretion to fall into any of the following categories:

- Promote sexually explicit materials
- Promote violence
- Promote firearms or weapons
- Promote illegal activities
- Promote fake or counterfeit items
- Promote gambling or betting
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age
-Infringe upon others' intellectual property rights
xenigo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote