View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 01:27 AM  
will76
Making $$$$ w/ ClickCash

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeBank_Adam View Post
Quite a few hypotheticals there... and I definitely don't want to get on everyone's bad side thinking I'm backing Dirty D, because I'm not. In my opinion, SEO is not the same as buying a PPC campaign using my exact domain name. Did Shoehorn create a page that was optimized for search engines and THAT page had links to Crackwhore Confessions? Or did he simply buy the term "crackwhore confessions" and that put his link above the organic link for CrackwhoreConfessions.com? If you think the latter is SEO, then I have to disagree with you.

More hypotheticals... not sure why you're making up scenarios that didn't happen here and applying them to real world. I am not number 3 for any of my domains... I am number 1, as I should be. If I were ever to fall to number three for my own domains, then I probably wouldn't be savvy enough to even know that my own affiliates were buying ads above me.

Bidding on search terms is fine with me. Bidding on the EXACT spelling of my domain name is not. Isn't that what happened here? From what I read, Dirty D wasn't upset about Shoehorn bidding on any of the other terms EXCEPT the exact spelling of his domain. If someone wants to bid on "naughtyalicia" or "naughtyalisha", etc. then have at it. Those are typos of my domain and fine with me.

And that's fine with me, too. Blast Google with all kinds of search terms that apply to my site... just not my own domain name.

I'm giving you hypotheticals, because they CAN happen, curious to see what you mind set is on the other situations and how they differ. Dirty D makes up the rules as he goes, it is nice to see what other companies think about all of this.

Ok we can agree to disagree on everything you posted.

But this one point i just can't get past " Bidding on search terms is fine with me. Bidding on the EXACT spelling of my domain name is not. "

And if I am not your affiliate, is it ok for me to bid on your EXACT spelling of your domain name? You can say no, but so what? You can't not pay someone who isn't sending the traffic to you in the first place. I made several points about this, you skipped over them and didn't even try to respond to it. Infact someone has a top featured ad right above your site and 4 side ppc ads on google. Wouldn't you rather that be your affiliates instead of competitors. People bidding on your domains, keywords, etc... you can't stop that unless you trademark. Why handcuff your affiliates to leave the door open to competitors... Unless you have enough money to buy all the spots yourself why wouldnt you want your affiliates to cover the cost and you still make money from those sales. <- this is me trying to explain it to you in your language. Where as my personal feelings are all sales are good sales (minus fraud, spyware, carding etc..) it's google ppc.... come on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeBank_Adam View Post
Think about it... here is the thought process that I see going on here:

My name is Joe Affiliate, and I want to make some money. I go to Google and type in "naughtyalysha" and I see that NaughtyAlysha.com is the first, second and fourth listing. Well, maybe if I buy the term "naughtyalysha" I can put my link ABOVE the links for NaughtyAlysha.com and steal some of those sales. Bob the Surfer has no idea which link is real, and I am banking that he will click on the top link and I'll get half the sale.

Doesn't that make even the slightest bit of sense?
does it make any sense for you to get none of the sale? Yeah it sucks, too bad you couldn't get 100% of the traffic from g oogle for free from people typing in your domain on google. but the reality is that isn't the way it works. we have to deal with the reality not just hope everyone stays away and you get it all anyway.

PROGRAM SHIT LIST - DO NOT PROMOTE (click link for gfy thread)
FNCash | Media Revenue

Last edited by will76; 12-07-2009 at 01:30 AM..
will76 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote