View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 12:08 AM  
will76
Making $$$$ w/ ClickCash

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenigo View Post
Actually, it is my traffic if they go to Google and type in "ghetto thugs". They're typing that in because they're looking specifically for my site. It's traffic that I've already generated, and they're coming back... it's similar to a type-in, but the moronic surfer version. Do you think I need the assistance of affiliates to send me traffic for people searching "ghetto thugs", considering that I already own the #1 spot for that keyword?:
Actually it's not all traffic that YOU generated. They are typing in your exact domain name into google it is because they heard the name or remembered seeing the name some where but wasn't sure exactly what your url was or they would have typed in your url into the browser and not google. The point I want to make here is I wonder how many of these people saw one of your affiliates advertising for your site, a banner whatever, didn't click it but then went looking for it later. Affiliates brand YOUR site just as much if not more than you do and in all of those cases where they come back later the affiliate makes NOTHING and you make 100%. For you to think ALL of these people coming to look for your site is YOUR traffic you are wrong. First of all as I stated it's google's traffic, not yours. It is definitly not your traffic if they don't end up on your site (someone targeting your keywords and sending to a competitor) and it probably wasn't even you who caused the person to go looking for your site in the first place.... Lastly, as other people here pointed out, unless you have a very very unique name it is very possible that they don't know about your site at all but trying to find something matching that keyword "Ghetto thugs" isn't that unique.... all of these things = NOT YOUR TRAFFIC!

Quote:

Do you think affiliates bidding on the keyword "ghetto thugs" is doing me any sort of favor?
Yes if you have other people bidding on the keywords sending the traffic to another black thug type site other than your own. Your affiliates would then be helping you by making sure you make something instead of nothing. Since you don't want to protect it yourself since you think you are the god given rightfull owner of any one who goes to google typing in "ghetto thugs". sorry doesn't work that way. Yes your affiliates would be doing you a favor by spending money out of their pocket to make sure more of that traffic goes to you and not someone else.

Quote:

And lastly... do you think if you bid on the keyword of my brand, and sent that traffic to a competitor... that they'd actually be likely to buy from the competitor? No, because they're not looking for the competitor... AND they're not looking for "black men", they're looking for my site.
Yeap, I think they would buy from a competitor of similar quality and content. Who's to say you have the best ghetto thug type site out there muchless the only one. If they looking for it but can't remember the url, or SEARCHING on google for "ghetto thugs" chances are they don't remember THAT much about your site and the first decent site of the same niche they find would likely satisfy them.

Quote:
Additionally... if you owned my site, and you had the number one placement in Google, and some affiliate was sending you traffic from Google for the keyword you already ranked #1 on... that you'd be overjoyed and elated by the fact that they're sending that traffic to you?

I really hope not.
Abso-Fucking-lutely... I sure as hell wouldn't want them to be sending it to someone else.

Further more I would never turn down a sale (legal sale, non fraud, carding etc...) . I would encourage people to SEO the shit out of their review sites to get organic results high up for my site AND cover PPC, everything. So what if I have the number 1 spot on my own. I would want to have the #1, #2, #3 #4 #5 #6#7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17#18 #19 #20 all the PPC ads, everything. That is the only fucking way you guarantee it's your traffic because you have it ALL covered. And when I say YOU I mean you via your affiliates and/or yourself. Either way I wouldn't care. I would want the sales even if I had to split the money with affiliates. Some money is better than no money and I know i can't cover it all on my own. The last thing I would want is to be thin in the SE's trying to do it all myself and losing some sales to competitors who may have the 2nd spot, 5th spot, whatever. I would ENCOURAGE my affiliates to try to get ALL the spots covered... they make money, I make money.

Look you still might feel like you would be lossing some money because some of those sales would have found you, but how many wouldn't have found you. Probably a lot more than you think if you think having the top spot on google is all you need to capture "your traffic".

think big picture.

PROGRAM SHIT LIST - DO NOT PROMOTE (click link for gfy thread)
FNCash | Media Revenue
will76 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote