Old 12-06-2009, 11:39 PM  
Angry Jew Cat - Banned for Life
(felis madjewicus)

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAC View Post
...this is only the tip of the iceberg
God,

This is simple the way i see it. Simple and popcorn worthy.

An affiliate saw an opportunity. Nowhere does it say he couldn't do it and it is a common practice, so he took some money and ran at it. He sent a few sales over the months, things were going well, he was making money.

Someone at the program notices and thinks, ahh wtf is this? Fuck, we're getting fucked here. It could have been D, it could have been someone else. Either way D decides this is unfair, fuck him, pull the sales. Pull them right fucking now goddamnit!

So the sales disappear, the affiliate is out his money and can't see why. Email shitstorm ensues.

Email shitstorm does not deliver.

Forum shitstorm ensues.

By this point D does not give a fuck, he's committed to the battle and will not be strongarmed by a lowly fucking affiliate. He could easily pay the affiliate, but he's in it for the cause now. Even in the face of a coup at the hands of the peasants, there's no admitting defeat. Sit back and ride out the shitstorm. Better places to go, jerkshacks to see, things to jerk off on...

... Page 47 "Pay him!"

Yadda yadda yadda. Quality entertainment for for the whole GFY family.

I'd be very surprised to see a payment. I think D's just being a a stupid prick, because he's a stupid prick. I guess there's the chance he's going fucking broke, but I can't really see it. Unless he's buried in legal fees or some shit. Just being a stupid prick for the sake of it.

The least he can do is get the fucking terms updated. What he should have done was update the terms, payout the affiliate up to the point of change, and everybody carried on doing business. Shoe would have had to change up his campaigns.

I'd like to know, do you actually know which keyword bids the sales came from D? My memory could be off by now, but from what I remember of the screenshot not all of those bids were on your trademark terms. Were the sales tracked, can you even prove that they were generated from your trademark searches?

If you're a program owner and you agree with D, then see this as an opportunity to learn from a mistake, and avoid it by just updating your terms. Don't be a stubborn fucking prick too, just avoid the problem by adding a few lines on your PPC terms the to ToS.

I don't see any real iceberg here, but this thread has the troll inside enthralled. I'm little sad about how interested I am in seeing where this goes. Fuck it htough, let the war wage on...
Angry Jew Cat - Banned for Life is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote