View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 02:27 PM  
robwod
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Sposnors Using Intellichat TXT On Join Pages

This is somewhat lengthy, but important to detail it for complete understanding. I apologize for the length.

Recently I have had the experience with one sponsor where I noticed little tiny commissions showing up for sales. Wondering wtf was going on... as I don't use trials. I hate trials. I use revshare. So, why then would I start seeing all these little sales for a lousy $1.23?

I looked at my NATS links and saw my code there, just fine. And that's when I noticed the exit code for some company named Intellichat.... who inserts a DIFFERENT NATS code than the one I referred the surfer with.

Naturally my reaction was wtf is going on with my revshare links? Are my NATS codes/cookies getting circumvented by this new code from Intellichat? (Still awaiting answers on this).

A little discussion between myself and the sponsor and it apparently works like this:

Under normal situations, an affiliate refers a surfer and the surfer is cookied and if he joins you are credited with the sale. If he leaves and comes back later, you are credited with the sale for the FULL sale amount commission. This is a "bookmark sale" and is given to you at full commission on the option they joined with. Bookmark sales are the bulk of my sales.

With this Intellichat Interception routine, it seems to work like this:

An affiliate refers a surfer and the surfer is cookied, and then decides to leave before buying, an Intellichat window (a third party!) pops up with a live sales person and convinces the person to stay. In the case of my sponsor in question, this was a 3 day trial of which I was credited a mere $1.23 (whooppee)

Now, here's the rub for me. I do not use trial links, as mentioned. Yet a trial link was inserted in my links via this Intellichat Link Interecption. This site in question does not have sufficient content or video as it is fairly new. As such, you can view this site in its entirely in an afternoon, much less 3 days. A 3 day trial is not worth it to affiliates, it's just that simple.

Based on my own stats, I avg across all of my nats sites, 75% of my sales coming from bookmarks/cookies.

With this Intellichat program intercepting this, allegedly, I am effectively having my chance to make those FULL bookmarked sales taken away from me in lieu of those ridiculous $1.23 commissions since my bookmark cookie is no longer relevant.

I should mention, I am told if the converted person does rebill, I get a normal rebill commission, but that still doesn't erase the fact my ability to convert my own bookmarked traffic was effectively taken from me.

From where I sit, I am effectively having my opportunity to convert my own bookmarked cookie traffic with my own referred cookies, at full price, circumvented by a program that does absolutely nothing to benefit me, except scoop the sale before I have a chance for my bookmark cookie to convert later -- at MORE money. To me, this is 100% unacceptable to insert on affiliate links.

Ultimately in this fiasco, I have earned less money as a result of this intellichat experiment with this particular sponsor and have told them so.

So, my question is this... I would like to know which sponsors are also using Intellichat Exits on their affiliate link join pages.

Disclaimer: I am hardly saying Intellichat is scamming my sales is doing anything wrong. In fact I could see their service as an enormous tool for use on TYPE-IN traffic. But implemented how it was on this particular sponsor with affiliate links using trials, it was a dismal disaster and completely unacceptable.

Last edited by robwod; 09-15-2009 at 02:32 PM..
robwod is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote