View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 10:34 AM  
daniel_webcams
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
How to choose the right keyword for your page

I know that a usual problem for all of us is to find the right keywords according to the specific and content on the site.

Well i have to say that until now i have done that in the old way... analyzing the page, identifying the main action on that page and what is all about there, every page should stick on one subject on one idea and use the same keywords in different context every time. (this is not spam, if the sentence has sense).

The words from the subject (keywords) should exist also in the link structure let's say www.your-domain.com/category/words-from-subject/, in H tags <H1> words-from-subject </H1>, in the meta description, meta keywords and in the title of the page something like :
<meta name="description" content="words-from-subject - and the rest of the description" />
<meta name="keywords" content="words-from-subject - and some other keywords" />
<title>words-from-subject - and some other text</title>.

Also on all the internal and external links that come to that page should be mentioned in the title of the link something like:
< a href="xxx" title="words-from-subject - and something else">;

Well i have to say that until now it was simple using the traditional methods... But what if you have a lot of content only with pics and movies and no text, and you want target a part of him on some ther popular keywords in that sentence... ?

Well here is how i do that now , have you ever hear about Google Trends or Google Insights... this if we speak about tools used for free and fast access.
This two promo tools that Google provide us are almost similar the only difference between them is that Google insights is giving extra search terms related to your search and rising terms for the related search, and both of them can help you with the geo-positioning of a keyword by country.

I work also with Keyword Tool from Google, it's a good tool, but be careful if you will try to see the searches made for words like - sex - it will not work, google will not let you and it will not show the results for that search.

Also seochat.com has a lot of tools to help you with the keywords an your site like : Keyword position , keyword optimizer

Now if you have an account on Google Adwords or Yahoo Sponsored Search you can use for free their suggestion keyword tool for optimizing your pages and be ready when your campaign will start.

Try to change something in your site every time before the bots from the search engines to come, if you call them to come to visit your pages weekly and they will not find anything new or at least changed on that page they will get bored and the will not come often like the first time, i am saying that because if you make a brake and after you will post something new on your site it will pass some time until you will be indexed.

hope to be helpful!

Email: daniel@adultforce[dot]com

daniel_webcams is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook