View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 05:48 PM  
gideongallery
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneprone View Post
I left them back in November... Gave notice and left.
I get a december bill along with November. I tell them Ive left again and close everything.. No servers or BW being used..

Then the next month January I get another bill.
Then Feb another. I tell them again. Ive left close and stop billing.

March I get another bill.

Not to mention this is for a 10mpbs P4 server at $696.00 a month
So its adding up. $ 4,649.49 to be exact..

I tell them im not going to pay this. We need to work something out. I have emails and copies of support tickets.

They say not only are you going to pay this, but we are going to charge you a FEE as well!

A $5,000.00 Termination fee.

So you owe us $9,000.00

Im thinking WTF. This is a fucking shakedown.
Shady collection agents call all the time...
I tell them to fuck off and this is not legit.

Now an attorney in my home town is wanting, or I should say threating to take me to court.

I say again, what the fuck?
assuming that you setup the contract in january 1
it all comes down to exactly what day in november did you cancel

after the 15 you missed the 45 day notification date and your hosting contract auto renewed and you own them a full years hosting fees plus the two months previous

before the 15th you got under the 45 day autorenewal , and you only owe them the two months that are covered by the 45 days notice.

that of course if you can prove you sent them written notice. and weather email constitutes written notice.

“When crimes occur through the mail, you don’t shut the post office down,” Steve Wozniak
gideongallery is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote