View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 09:34 PM  
mikesouth
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
FTP

Thank you for your words of support, what a lot of people don't follow is I really am passionate about this industry but I am not blind to our problems, particularly the self inflicted ones.

I have had a lot of people suggest I run for the board some sarcastically but many more seriously. I appreciate that some of you do recognize that I have a common sense approach and that I would be an asset but the truth is that I dont believe I could fix it. Short of disbanding it and starting over with something new that has a more focused approach and a real plan complete with accountability at all levels including financial.

I absolutely disagree with any kind of forced donation because thats why the FSC is the blunder that it is. Any organization should have to earn its members, it keeps them honest and being the Libertarian I am I could never support a hike in already too high processing rates.

Lets give an example here I recently turned 50. as soon as I got the opportunity I joined the AARP. Even though I dont agree with all of their agenda I see the value of this organization. It represents me and my interests, there is full accountability, I get weekly updates on what things they are involved in. I even sent them a donation.

Same with the NRA and the ACLU I may be the only person on earth who contributes to both. But I know that the money I give is being used wisely.

Now the idea behind the FSC is a noble one and I was a member and I contributed as well as donated time in the past. Nobody turned me against the FSC, the FSC turned me against the FSC. I have seen it said here that our industry NEEDS a trade association but that statement is wrong. What our industry needs is an EFFECTIVE trade association that works for the good of the entire industry, from performers to company owners. The FSC is NOT and never has been that organization.

You mention .xxx we all know that money would have gone into a black hole called icmregistry who had no intention at all of doing anything other than getting very wealthy off of laws mandating that adult sites use that Tld.

Ask yourself this as an industry are we better off, without the FSC? then ask yourself are we better off with the FSC? Most you you probably get the picture here...its irrelevant. We would be better off with a new organization that is trustworthy, accountable and transparent.

It's No wonder I took up drugs and alcohol, it's the only way I could dumb myself down enough to cope with the morons in this biz.
mikesouth is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote