View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 06:57 PM  
Brad Mitchell
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Thank you everyone for your kind words. We are excited to be taking the high road here and look forward to a day when this issue of gross copyright infringement no longer plagues the industry. It will come, it can't happen fast enough, but it will surely take some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWhErE View Post
Im curious, how many people have had their accounts terminated or have changed their site to comply?
I just made the announcement to our clients and the community at 3pm EST today.. that's about 6.5 hours ago. 4 hours ago I left the office to take the kids to swim class. So, the short answer to your question is 0 so far to both. What I have fielded thus far is several clients asking us to review their sites and none of those yet have been found to be a concern.

I suspect we will identify clients with issues and clients will identify themselves over the coming weeks. This should yield a variety of results; I think some will move those assets off to other hosts, I am hopeful everyone will choose to comply but inevidably I expect some will find new hosting arrangements.

Only time will tell! The reality is that for the most part we pick our clients as much as they pick us. I don't throw out a large net - we specialize in providing superior service and performance and that simply doesn't scale to taking on everyone as clients at every price point. I consider us fortunate to have a great group of really honest and hardworking adult companies as clients.

Our clients have been vocal over the phone, sms, email, icq and on the boards - they are pleased and I am fortunate that they agree with our decision... because I'm stubborn, I would have made it anyway.

Cheers,

Brad