View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 11:32 PM  
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Magellan, it takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

So, goodgirl gave me a Magellan GPS unit to use on my dresser for Christmas. Since I was in Indiana a couple weeks ago she had given it to me early.

I used the suction cup bracket and stuck it on the inside of my windshield and had close to 100 miles with it there, and no problems.

Tonight I had to run by my daughter's prior to meeting up with my son, and since I was meeting him at his in-laws I was making use of this fine gift.

Anyway, after the detour to my daughter's I was blasting up Imperial Hwy along side LAX, doing about 65-70 when I hit a nasty pothole and the shock caused the unit, complete with bracket to go flying off the bike. Fuck!!

I was going to fast to stop at the intersection, so I had to go about another half mile before I could find a spot to make an illegal u-turn, and go back to try and find it.

A couple minutes later I was back in the general vicinity of where it flew off, parked the bike and proceeded to walk along the highway to see what parts I could find.

I found the bracket easily, but the actual unit was no where to be found. I was a little worried because there was a small stream from our recent rains, and I thought it may have flown in there. But I kept looking.

Eventually I found it, face down, laying in the roadway. As I approached I noticed a glimmer of light on the pavement, and damn if the thing wasn't still on and directing me to my route.

All I can say is, if you want a very accurate and durable portable GPS unit, Magellan has my stamp of approval.
baddog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote