View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 03:15 PM  
Zebra
Banned from Kimmy's couch

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Doctor View Post
I'm sure they alert the surfers, but nobody ever reads the terms or any shit like that...they just accept the default install and keep clicking "yes, yes, yes"
On the Netscape main page there is a DOWNLOAD link with no terms or any info on what is in it. Once you start the install there is a License Agreement. Nowhere in it does it say Gator is included.

This is the closest info I see and it is pretty vague:
Quote:
21. ELECTRONIC NOTICES.

YOU AGREE TO THIS LICENSE ELECTRONICALLY. YOU AUTHORIZE US TO PROVIE YOU ANY INFORMATION AND NOTICES REGARDING THE SOFTWARE ("NOTICES") IN ELECTRONIC FORM. WE MAY PROVIDE NOTICES TO YOU (1) VIA E-MAIL IF YOU HAVE PROVIDED US WITH A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS OR (2) BY POSTING THE NOTICE ON A WEBSITE DESIGNATED BY US FOR THIS PURPOSE. The delivery of any Notice is effective when sent or posted by us, regardless of whether you read the Notice or actually receive the delivery. You can withdraw your consent to receive Notices electronically by discontinuing your use of the Software. As long as you are able to access the Internet using the Software, you will be able to receive electronic notices from us.
I do find this section very amusing:
Quote:
19. HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES. The Software is not fault-tolerant and is not designed, manufactured or intended for use in environments in which its failure could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage, such as in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines, or weapons systems ("High Risk Activities").