View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 01:49 PM  
Phoenix
BACON BACON BACON

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSmith View Post
And much of that hatred is towards Russians, at least where the net is concerned.

I've had occasion to speak with several people who are clients or potential clients of various singles sites, you know Lava Life, LoveHappens, Match.com etc. What I'm hearing more and more is that Russian scammers are posting fake ads using pictures of models and making them appear to be local people. Then when they get someone emailing them and wanting to get to know the bogus persona they reveal they are indeed from Russia, but the still keep up the pretence of being the male or female model.

At some point in the flow of conversation over time, they ask for money so they "can afford to come and meet you".... and people pay, and never see the person they've become interested in nor the money they send.

I don't know if assholes in other countries are doing this but I've heard of several out of Russia who are, and it's a pretty dirty rotten thing to do, preying on people's lives and their vulnerabilities.

I suppose you could say people are stupid for falling for it. I was a member of a few of those dating sites years ago, and was contacted several times by supposed Russian "Women" wanting to talk and have something more develop. It was as simple as pressing them for a bit more substantial proof that they are who they say they are and they get scared off every time. But not everyone is as net-savvy as some of us here. A lot of people out there are vulnerable, lonely and all too trusting.

Thus it's no wonder some people feel a kind of hatred towards those to pull such crap.

I don't blame them a bit.
omg..maybe they are lying about where they are from as well.

maybe the said persn who sent money was actually talking to some fat slow of a piece of shit from florida...who said they were a hot chick from russia.

can you tell your friend to contact me...i want to offload some swamp land
Phoenix is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote