View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 12:51 AM  
will76
Making $$$$ w/ ClickCash

Industry Role:
Attention: Program owners. Do you give a shit how you get your affiliate sales?

I know this is not new news but sometimes it takes having it happen to you before it really sinks in. I am sure this is happening to THOUSANDS if not millions of people.

I have a computer that has zango installed on it. I was clicking an affiliate link on one of my sites and when it connected with the sponsor, a pop under page came up as well from zango for the same site. Naturally their cookie, which was set seconds after mine was the newer one, so their cookie was on my pc and mine was errased. SO if i was to signup, they would get credit for the sale.

To the program owners, you still make the sale, so do you really care if some spy bot theif makes the sale or if the affiliate who actually sent the customer to your site makes the sale. Will you ban the spy bot affiliate if I send you screen shots, do you care ?

For those of you who don't know what I am taking about. Say you are on my site, www.mysite.com on my site i have a link to sponsor A, you click the link to go to sponsor A, my cookie is set on your computer. The spy bot will then detect that sponsor A's url is in your browser and it will launch a pop under window to sponsor A that sets their cookie. Since their cookie is newer it will over write yours.

Now my questions to affiliate site owners, do you think it is fair that these assholes come right behind our traffic and set their cookie 5 seconds later and they get credit for the sale. Will you do anything about it ?

PROGRAM SHIT LIST - DO NOT PROMOTE (click link for gfy thread)
FNCash | Media Revenue
will76 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote