Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
New Webmasters ask "How-To" questions here. This is where other fucking Webmasters help.

 
Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2017, 10:11 AM   #1
Lindo
Registered User
 
Lindo's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 11
New user (with free tube questions)

Hi there, I'm Lindo. I am on my thirties, have studied computer science and live in Europe. I've been lurking in the shadows for some time and finally decided to join this community .
First of all, english is not my first language so excuse my spelling mistakes.
I'm introducing myself on Q&A because I have a some questions about my project that I'd like to be adressed about.

I had the idea of making a themed free tube for more than 2 years. Been working on it full time for a couple of months and the site is almost finished, and I have collected enough initial content for the 'release'.
The questions are not about the site itself, I have been in the internet since forever and I'm also tech savvy, I'm pretty confident it will drag enough quality traffic. It's not another shitty out of the box tube, trust me. Let's assume I'm not wrong and it works.

My questions revolve around traffic monetization. If one reads this forum it seems like this kind of bussiness is dead: ads have terrible ratios, networks falsify stats, nobody buys memberships, etc. So it's almost impossible to earn a decent amount of money working on adult.
I have been following the website hornbunny.com as an example of free tube and it may be reflecting this reality. It's traffic peaked at 320k daily uniques, but because of poor maintenance (broken videos, no new content added) it went steadily to the 80k it has today (still falling).
I wonder why the owner don't invest more effort on it's website, I tried to reach him a couple of times but to no avail. Maybe ads don't pay off? Maybe legal problems? If ads are so low-rewarding why not try an alternative? Like having a membership for more than X daily views or having some premium videos (but I suspect this could lead to more legal issues?).

I have been searching on this forum but I coulnd't find any owner or experience of a really successful free tube, that means they don't exist or don't want to be known.

I appreciate anyone bringing light to this subjects, clearing my doubts will surely help me, even tho I will release no matter what. Feel free to reply or PM me, I will be here for any quick clarifications.

Last edited by Lindo; 03-06-2017 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: typo
Lindo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:18 AM   #2
Odysseus
Confirmed User
 
Odysseus's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: www.gfy.com
Posts: 730
Just Register here and you understood how to monetize free tube:
ExoClick | Leading Web & Mobile Ad Network
HilltopAds - World wide traffic network
Pinvert - Buy Sell Ads
BongaCash - The best adult webcam affiliate program
BitterStrawberry

Dont waste time, 2 years is too long for adult idea ;)
__________________
Best Webcam ever.. Try it Yourself here
(Webmaster, use RevShare Program and get lifetime profit)
Odysseus is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:42 AM   #3
Lindo
Registered User
 
Lindo's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
Just Register here and you understood how to monetize free tube:
...
...

Dont waste time, 2 years is too long for adult idea ;)
Thanks Odysseus for your fast response, but if I wanted referral links I could have taken any of the thousands posted on this forum.
The problem is I have seen too many statements about ads not giving a shit of revenue, being 2017 (who clicks on adult ads? ) I believe them, so I'm asking for alternatives viability or otherwise proof experience of an advertisements user webmaster .

Last edited by Lindo; 03-06-2017 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: fix
Lindo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:13 PM   #4
wankawonk
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 157
You can earn good money with ad networks. But you need a ton of traffic. That's really all there is to it. People think ad networks are useless because they can't get enough traffic to their sites or they can't run a site efficiently enough to have a good profit margin. But if you have an efficient site with lots of traffic you can make a ton of money with ad networks.

I use exoclick, adxpansion, trafficholder, and adultforce. I have no reason to believe any of them have ever lied about stats.
wankawonk is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:05 AM   #5
Lindo
Registered User
 
Lindo's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankawonk View Post
You can earn good money with ad networks. But you need a ton of traffic. That's really all there is to it. People think ad networks are useless because they can't get enough traffic to their sites or they can't run a site efficiently enough to have a good profit margin. But if you have an efficient site with lots of traffic you can make a ton of money with ad networks.

I use exoclick, adxpansion, trafficholder, and adultforce. I have no reason to believe any of them have ever lied about stats.
Thank you
Lindo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:39 AM   #6
Spunky
I need a beer
 
Spunky's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ♠ Toiletville ♠
Posts: 131,981
Welcome to the board
__________________
Sig Available
Spunky is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:08 AM   #7
HBreporo
Registered User
 
HBreporo's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankawonk View Post
You can earn good money with ad networks. But you need a ton of traffic. That's really all there is to it. People think ad networks are useless because they can't get enough traffic to their sites or they can't run a site efficiently enough to have a good profit margin. But if you have an efficient site with lots of traffic you can make a ton of money with ad networks.

I use exoclick, adxpansion, trafficholder, and adultforce. I have no reason to believe any of them have ever lied about stats.
It is a shame Reporo is not part of that list :/

On to the original question - I take your point it can be daunting, and trusting ad networks comes at a 'price' - and the price is not knowing how your traffic is being monetised

I think about it like this though - traffic monetization as a product (credit, vouchers, carrier billing et all) VS. traffic monetization through ad networks.

To make money as a product, you will always fall short somewhere - credit deficient GEOs like India, Thailand, South Africa / carrier billed deficient GEOs like USA, Canada, UK / physical structure deficiencies of vouchers and many more

If you were intent on only making money from 1 GEO - go for a different money-making model -- but at some point you'll start to get TH traffic, or IN - and at that point using an Ad network is crucial - as you have a whole company hunting clients who buy traffic where you cannot physically make money yourself because of your billing method (no matter which one you choose) - so, someone doing the work for you

TL;DR -- if you want to play in 1 or 2 GEOs, use whatever billing method is easiest -- more than that, to make proper money you'll need an Ad network

if you are interested to chat more, just register at Reporo as a publisher and make contact with me direct through the support mails - I am the Commercial Director

PS> all my own opinion of course ;)
PPS> I have built a lot of carrier billed products in the past, so can give you more info on these if you desire
HBreporo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #8
Lindo
Registered User
 
Lindo's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky View Post
Welcome to the board
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBreporo View Post
It is a shame Reporo is not part of that list :/

On to the original question - I take your point it can be daunting, and trusting ad networks comes at a 'price' - and the price is not knowing how your traffic is being monetised

I think about it like this though - traffic monetization as a product (credit, vouchers, carrier billing et all) VS. traffic monetization through ad networks.

To make money as a product, you will always fall short somewhere - credit deficient GEOs like India, Thailand, South Africa / carrier billed deficient GEOs like USA, Canada, UK / physical structure deficiencies of vouchers and many more

If you were intent on only making money from 1 GEO - go for a different money-making model -- but at some point you'll start to get TH traffic, or IN - and at that point using an Ad network is crucial - as you have a whole company hunting clients who buy traffic where you cannot physically make money yourself because of your billing method (no matter which one you choose) - so, someone doing the work for you

TL;DR -- if you want to play in 1 or 2 GEOs, use whatever billing method is easiest -- more than that, to make proper money you'll need an Ad network

if you are interested to chat more, just register at Reporo as a publisher and make contact with me direct through the support mails - I am the Commercial Director

PS> all my own opinion of course ;)
PPS> I have built a lot of carrier billed products in the past, so can give you more info on these if you desire
Thank you! More knowledge to stack
Lindo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:56 PM   #9
LetterTwenty7
Confirmed User
 
LetterTwenty7's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,176
Hey Lindo, welcome to the zoo, and good luck with your site!
In case you need a writer, feel free to contact me. Cheers!
__________________
SIG TOO BIG! Not anymore, Eric.

If your site needs unique&interesting written content, feel free to contact me. Competitive rates, fast delivery, seven years of experience.
Skype: lettertwenty7
[email protected]
LetterTwenty7 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:51 PM   #10
Lindo
Registered User
 
Lindo's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterTwenty7 View Post
Hey Lindo, welcome to the zoo, and good luck with your site!
In case you need a writer, feel free to contact me. Cheers!
Thank you. Not using descriptions for now, but interesting service
Lindo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:10 PM   #11
ironwebmaster
Confirmed User
 
ironwebmaster's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 311
Good luck mate

Hey man just wanted to wish you good luck with the project. If you need an overview of ad networks or other traffic sources etc check out adultwebmasterdirectory.com. you may find it to be a neat little collection
ironwebmaster is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:40 PM   #12
bns666
Confirmed Fetishist
 
bns666's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Puta Madre Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Posts: 9,328
welcome to gfy and good luck
bns666 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:25 PM   #13
j3rkules
VIP
 
j3rkules's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 17,692
Welcome to the forum Lindo.

__________________


I have been using them for over ten years now for my adult sites and I am very happy with their services.
j3rkules is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:49 PM   #14
vintageadult
Vintagepornbay.com
 
vintageadult's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 320
I dont think ads could make decent revenue for any tube below to 10k daily
It would be just 5-10 usd daily revenue for that kind of traffic
__________________
JOIN VPB-CASH AFFILIATE PROGRAM AND EARN 50% ON SALES!
Need a cheap adult web design and marketing service? Try us!
Vintage Adult Tube Stepfamily Taboo Clips
Vintage Adult Blog
Our Skype ID: Vintagepornbay.com
We can sell our ad places and guest posts as an ads Also promotion for all your traffic needs.
vintageadult is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >

Bookmarks

Tags
tube, free, questions, ads, traffic, couple, owner, videos, content, time, daily, release, website, forum, legal, site, reach, times, effort, invest, steadily, peaked, 320k, uniques, reality
Thread Tools




©2000-, AVN Media Network Inc



Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000- Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.