I've been a mostly main-stream freelance geek since 1996.
I'd rather have a few longer term arrangements so that I didn't have to spend time re-orienting myself with a new servers configuration for every job.
For this reason, I want find people I can get along well with, but I can be a bit eccentric. (but the flip side is, I'm usually pretty accepting of others eccentricities)
- Straight shooter, I don't steal data, won't snoop your mail or other nonsense.
Privacy is VERY important to me, it's almost a religion
- I'm cheap. I charge an hourly rate and I don't fib about hours.
- You can call me at 3:00am when your server is down and I won't be offended.
- Detective work - Given the tools, I do pretty good at tracking down problems
I've been told I'm pretty good at this. (perhaps I just need a life?)
- UNIX - Linux, FreeBSD, several other flavors of BSD
I was skipping around in unix land using gopher & archie, before the web -- Unix is my playground.
- Software design & deployment (perl, php, numerous languages)
I've written software that spans multiple servers, I use object oriented programming.
- I use revision control software, svn, cvs
I've been at this game so long, I've even used RCS (No, I don't recommend RCS.... )
I'll be upfront, better than finding out later on....
- I am kind of finicky at times and not nearly as punctual or scheduled as I'd like to be.
- If your business model is * spy cams and the like, YOU DO NOT want to talk to me.
(but if you're appalled at the thought of invading someones privacy or taking advantage of people like that, I REALLY want to hear from you, I'm probably exactly who you're looking for.)
- I don't want to work for websites where violence is a predominate theme.
(I don't mind being grossed out from time to time, but violence actually makes me ill, it's not good for me to be around too much of it)
* Spy cams would include asking guys to take nude photos of their wives/girlfriends & post w/out consent. [edited]
Just looking for a few good clients I can work with from time to time. Basically, I'm looking for cool people and low(er)-stress working environments. I've done the corporate thing, it's OK for a week or two, but much too stuffy.
Thanks for your time.