Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
iwantchixx
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Bloggers.. Fris.. anyone .. Pluggin for:

Anyone recommend a good plugin for handling free hosted galleries?

For example:

I have read of a plugin somewhere on GFY before where I can input a FHG url, it asks which pic to make a preview of and voila, adds image to post and links to it FHG.

Does it exist or am I imagining this?
iwantchixx is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
tonyparra
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantchixx View Post
Anyone recommend a good plugin for handling free hosted galleries?

For example:

I have read of a plugin somewhere on GFY before where I can input a FHG url, it asks which pic to make a preview of and voila, adds image to post and links to it FHG.

Does it exist or am I imagining this?
uugallery

High Performance Vps $10 Linode
Manage your Digital Ocean, Linode, or Favorite Cloud Server. Simple, fast, and secure Server Pilot
tonyparra is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
Mrwww
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nextgen-gallery/

DattonMedia
Affordable design and media.
Daniel Datton
// ICQ: 9 0 5 9 2 8
support
@dattonmedia.com
Mrwww is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
BSleazy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrwww View Post
lol is that a hidden feature that I'm not aware of?
Old 04-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
Mrwww
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCyber View Post
lol is that a hidden feature that I'm not aware of?
If your not aware of the wordpress plugin directory, then you have lived a very sheltered life.

DattonMedia
Daniel Datton
support
@dattonmedia.com
Mrwww is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
fris

Industry Role:
nextgen doesnt grab images.

uugallery but its not a plugin, it hacks core files, so you will have to reupload the files after each upgrade of wp.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #7
iwantchixx

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fris View Post

uugallery but its not a plugin, it hacks core files, so you will have to reupload the files after each upgrade of wp.
Hrm yeah, I prolly don't wanna use it then.

Hrm,, maybe I do remember seeing an addon for nextgen that will grab images.. I'll have to investigate that once I'm done my video uploads.
iwantchixx is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Mrwww
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
NextGEN does grab images...

Its an addon, i forget what its called.

You can also import from a zip or folder.
D.

DattonMedia
Daniel Datton
support
@dattonmedia.com

Last edited by Mrwww; 04-24-2012 at 05:24 PM..
Old 04-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
AdultKing
Raise Your Weapon

Industry Role:
How much would you pay for a WP plugin that does this ?

UUGallery hacks core files, it's not ideal and it's not free.
AdultKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantchixx View Post
Hrm yeah, I prolly don't wanna use it then.

Hrm,, maybe I do remember seeing an addon for nextgen that will grab images.. I'll have to investigate that once I'm done my video uploads.
I have UUGallery installed on a domain if you want to play around with it.

Sell me your: Paysites and Hosting Company. Buy my: Aged Domains and Sites
Sly is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
iwantchixx

Industry Role:
Just looked though a shitload of addons, can't seem to find it. Odd.

Sly: Thanks anyways bud, I wouldn't install it on our blogs anyways, too much custom stuff done on them to risk anything going wonky since uugallery twiddles with core files.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #12
Love Sex
Confirmed User

http://www.cheapestadultscripts.com/gs/
Love Sex is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #13
garce
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fris View Post

I have UUGallery licenses, but I got sick of updating that crap about a year ago. Wordpress update - UUGallery stops working. Nice...

I despise what Wordpress has become (a bloated platform designed more for progammers to make money than for bloggers to build simple, content rich, easily organized and updated sites), but Fris is the guy with the knowledge. Not being a smartass - Fris is the goto guy if you're using Wordpress. I'm a bit pissed off because his knowledge got me to care more about Wordpress than I would have on my own, but that's on me...

An easy method is to download the gallery and upload the images to your server. It takes a couple of minutes.

I'm just tired of Wordpress constantly updating, not getting any more secure, and adding all kinds of crap to my server that probably reduces what security there is. Crap I have no interest in ever using.

I really regret committing so many sites to this platform circa 2005 - 2009. Personally, I will never use Wordpress for anything in the future.

Wordpress is great - but its too much like having a retarded child that needs 24/7 care and attention. A retarded child that just keeps getting fatter and fatter. An eight year old child that constantly cries for no reason, but has demands you MUST fulfill - and gives very little back in return.

In other words - a nightmare. Wordpress' time has come and gone. Someone needs to step up and make a better, more streamlined, more secure, platform.

Wordpress is at a stage where Yahoo needs to buy it.

Last edited by garce; 04-24-2012 at 08:27 PM..
garce is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #14
iwantchixx

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by garce View Post
I have UUGallery licenses, but I got sick of updating that crap about a year ago. Wordpress update - UUGallery stops working. Nice...

I despise what Wordpress has become (a bloated platform designed more for progammers to make money than for bloggers to build simple, content rich, easily organized and updated sites), but Fris is the guy with the knowledge. Not being a smartass - Fris is the goto guy if you're using Wordpress. I'm a bit pissed off because his knowledge got me to care more about Wordpress than I would have on my own, but that's on me...

An easy method is to download the gallery and upload the images to your server. It takes a couple of minutes.

I'm just tired of Wordpress constantly updating, not getting any more secure, and adding all kinds of crap to my server that probably reduces what security there is. Crap I have no interest in ever using.

I really regret committing so many sites to this platform circa 2005 - 2009. Personally, I will never use Wordpress for anything in the future.

Wordpress is great - but its too much like having a retarded child that needs 24/7 care and attention. A retarded child that just keeps getting fatter and fatter. An eight year old child that constantly cries for no reason, but has demands you MUST fulfill - and gives very little back in return.

In other words - a nightmare. Wordpress' time has come and gone. Someone needs to step up and make a better, more streamlined, more secure, platform.

Wordpress is at a stage where Yahoo needs to buy it.
I hear ya. Some stuff just needs to be babysat all the time. I hate being scared to even update themes because of hacks I've had to implement over the years. That's why when developing any blog for the past 6 months I've tried my darnest to avoid situations where an update will break anything, even if that means displaying content the way the theme designer intended and not the way I intended. Don;t get me started on how you can't do a single simple thing without 30 mins of research knee-deep in code to alignt he simplest of things in a post the way I want.

However, it is what it is. A tool with a lot of potential. It just seems that no matter the platform, the more a tool becomes usable to the masses, the more it breaks, becomes unusable or almost impossible to do the simplest of things without having to get full-featured hack-ons with 947 features more than I need haha
Old 04-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #15
VenusBlogger
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
uugallery modifies your whole admin.. I don't recommend it.

also it's completely anti-intuitive and not practical at all.

however it's the only plugin I saw that does what I want, create a gallery, create a page for each picture and put a banner above and below each picture in each single page.
VenusBlogger is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #16
tonyparra
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
http://squirt18.com/ done with uugallery works for me

High Performance Vps $10 Linode
Manage your Digital Ocean, Linode, or Favorite Cloud Server. Simple, fast, and secure Server Pilot
tonyparra is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:47 AM   #17
fris

Industry Role:
theirs this one, if you dont like nextgen.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...mages-grabber/

or you could use upload by zip

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...-media-by-zip/
Old 04-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #18
ottopottomouse
She is ugly, bad luck.

Industry Role:
Someone posted screenshots that were supposedly a modified nextgen that could grab galleries on gfy a while ago. Can't remember who.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #19
ottopottomouse
She is ugly, bad luck.

Industry Role:
https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1053...hlight=nextgen
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >