Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 09-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #1
CyberHustler
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Is Moniker WHOIS privacy now free?

Just asking cause ever since this whole admin panel switch up, a nigga aint been getting charged the usual 4 dollas for the privacy and shit. Just been gettin hit up for the domain price, and a niggas shit is still private. I dont feel like calling them niggas up and having them realize they fuckin up and rape my card for that shit...
CyberHustler is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #2
Jel
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
$4? you were getting raped anyway, I and many others got it for $1, and a ton more got it free.

Even if it's free now, get out
Jel is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:08 PM   #3
CyberHustler
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel View Post
$4? you were getting raped anyway, I and many others got it for $1, and a ton more got it free.

Even if it's free now, get out

You aint lyin my nigga @ gettin raped.

A nigga jumped on the moniker wave back when that 4 bucks was worth it. When this shorty named Bari would make sure you was good and shit. Shit was cool when you comin from godaddy and them. But now im on the fence about jumpin off that wave. Free (maybe) whois privacy and keydrive owning them now kinda got a nigga lookin past that new ugly ass admin panel and $9.58 price tag for them .coms that I can get from them niggas over at namesilo for $8.99.
CyberHustler is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:10 PM   #4
Jel
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberHustler View Post

them niggas over at namesilo for $8.99.
seen
Jel is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:14 PM   #5
AdultKing
Raise Your Weapon

Industry Role:
There are other options for free WHOIS privacy that are better than Moniker.
AdultKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #6
ErectMedia
Confirmed Chicago Pimp

Industry Role:
Quote:
A nigga jumped on the moniker wave back when that 4 bucks was worth it. When this shorty named Bari would make sure you was good and shit.
Only reason I ever had names there, kinda sad though that their best support had to come from GFY forum, moved my shit out years ago. Mainly use GoDaddy cause $8.47 and have my own account rep and don't need privacy. If I did need privacy would use someone else or one of the free external ones.
ErectMedia is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:08 AM   #7
Klen

Industry Role:
name.com privacy free FTW

Inquiries which are not related to administration or advertising on GFY wont be processed.
Klen is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:13 AM   #8
mafia_man
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
There are service you can pay like 10 bucks a year and just change all your WHOIS information to their address.

So essentially you pay $10 a year for unlimited privacy on unlimited domains.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:20 AM   #9
Dirty D
Confirmed User

I would avoid Moniker...
Dirty D is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:22 AM   #10
Marcus Aurelius
No Refunds Issued.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
I would avoid Moniker...
Why is that?
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:04 AM   #11
Emil
Confirmed User

I switched from Godaddy to Internet.bs because of their free whois privacy. http://www.internet.bs/
Old 09-21-2014, 05:48 AM   #12
TrashyGirl
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Just asking cause ever since this whole admin panel switch up, a nigga aint been getting charged the usual 4 dollas for the privacy and shit. Just been gettin hit up for the domain price, and a niggas shit is still private. I dont feel like calling them niggas up and having them realize they fuckin up and rape my card for that shit...
No it's not free. The privacy will most likely drop off and then you will be exposed

Moniker's interface is so *fucked* I couldn't even add privacy, so I bought proxy privacy thru a 3rd party service. The 3rd party proxy doesn't protect you by default. You add their contact details in the Whois page on Moniker for your domains.

And I wouldn't even be using Moniker, but I couldn't transfer all of my domains out of that sinkhole due to glitches.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #13
InfoGuy
80/20 Rule

Industry Role:
Moniker sucks, waiting for the sequel to Registerfly .....
InfoGuy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:06 AM   #14
ErectMedia
Confirmed Chicago Pimp

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafia_man View Post
There are service you can pay like 10 bucks a year and just change all your WHOIS information to their address.

free ones as well...

http://Anonymize.com
ErectMedia is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:24 AM   #15
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoGuy View Post
Moniker sucks, waiting for the sequel to Registerfly .....
Don't say that... The entire reason I switched to Moniker was because I had domains stuck with Registerfly and I couldn't get them moved. This was back when Bari was doing the board rep here and she got them moved for me. Since then I've never had any issues, but I also don't have the 300 and so on domains I had at that time..

I keep seeing people saying Moniker is bad, but I never really see anyone say why.. I see a bunch of complaints about the interface but that's about it. So why is it everyone says Moniker is no good?

Last edited by crockett; 09-21-2014 at 08:27 AM..
crockett is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:39 AM   #16
TrashyGirl
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
Don't say that... The entire reason I switched to Moniker was because I had domains stuck with Registerfly and I couldn't get them moved. This was back when Bari was doing the board rep here and she got them moved for me. Since then I've never had any issues, but I also don't have the 300 and so on domains I had at that time..

I keep seeing people saying Moniker is bad, but I never really see anyone say why.. I see a bunch of complaints about the interface but that's about it. So why is it everyone says Moniker is no good?
1. they buttfucked my cc and overcharged it 4x
2. they didn't respond to any of my support tickets
3. called them multiple times and on hold forever
4. their interface is a click *hell*
5. there was no option for privacy in my dashboard despite me following
the effing procedure in the FAQ and despite me having privacy for the
domains I had there for years, so the privacy dropped and I had to use
a 3rd party to pick up proxy privacy
6. I was able to transfer out a few domains, but others stayed stuck at
Moniker

if I can get these final few domains out, I will never look back, good riddance to registrar rubbish.

here is a blog post that someone wrote about their fuckery and the comments also reflect negative experiences other ppl have had w/ Moniker

http://www.domaininvesting.com/advice-moniker/
Old 09-21-2014, 09:27 AM   #17
InfoGuy
80/20 Rule

Industry Role:
Quote:
I tell it like it is without the sugar coating. If you want bullshit, then listen to the propaganda spouted by Moniker's CEO Bonnie Wittenburg.

Quote:
Other people have reported problems with renewals, unwanted renewals on previously dropped domains, credit card billing and WHOIS privacy. The following is my personal experience with them.

Putting aside the crappy control panel, these are the main issues I have with Moniker. Since the changeover, I haven't received a single renewal notice from Moniker, despite the fact I had a few hundred domains with them that were expiring in the next 90 days. Those have since been transferred out. I will continue to transfer out the rest of my Moniker portfolio. I also never received any domain unlocked notices. If someone is attempting to steal my domains, I want to be notified in a timely manner, so that I can respond to it. Moniker's failure to send any domain unlocked notices is proof their security has gone to shit. My email is valid as I have received "A Message from Moniker's CEO | Bonnie Wittenburg" and the necessary EPP codes.

Last edited by InfoGuy; 09-21-2014 at 09:29 AM..
InfoGuy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:13 AM   #18
jrzeygirl
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:

You aint lyin my nigga @ gettin raped.

A nigga jumped on the moniker wave back when that 4 bucks was worth it. When this shorty named Bari would make sure you was good and shit. Shit was cool when you comin from godaddy and them. But now im on the fence about jumpin off that wave. Free (maybe) whois privacy and keydrive owning them now kinda got a nigga lookin past that new ugly ass admin panel and $9.58 price tag for them .coms that I can get from them niggas over at namesilo for $8.99.
CyberHustler - Get off the fence and bounce! See sig for details and gimme a shout!! I will hook you up not only with ID Protect but better rates that Namesilo

Holla!
jrzeygirl is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:14 AM   #19
jrzeygirl
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:

Thanks crockett

Holla if you're interested in transferring names to eNom
jrzeygirl is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:41 AM   #20
MPGdevil
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Moved some of my domains to eNom but they are a bit pricey
MPGdevil is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:06 AM   #21
jrzeygirl
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPGdevil View Post
Moved some of my domains to eNom but they are a bit pricey
Email me MPGdevil - Let me check out your account and see what I can do fix that!
Old 09-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #22
BlackCrayon
Too lazy to set a custom title

don't walk, run away from moniker!! lots of people have lost domains because of their "upgrade".
Old 09-22-2014, 08:17 AM   #23
O MARINA
I'm clockin' ya, Versace shade watchin' ya

Industry Role:
Hiiii Bari what's up
O MARINA is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #24
jrzeygirl
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by O MARINA View Post
Hiiii Bari what's up
Hey Lady
Old 09-22-2014, 10:25 AM   #25
anexsia
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Move your domains to NameSilo, $8.39 and lower for domains plus FREE whois privacy for life.
anexsia is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #26
Cyber Fucker
Hmm

Industry Role:
Location: On an endless road around the world for rock and roll.
I was confused about whois privacy as well last time when I was renewing something there. There is even not much info about it in their help.
Actually their whole new cp is confusing. I'm done with them anyway after what they did with some of my domains.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #27
InfoGuy
80/20 Rule

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Fucker View Post
I'm done with them anyway after what they did with some of my domains.
Details?
Old 09-24-2014, 06:41 AM   #28
mopek1
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafia_man View Post

Which ones?
mopek1 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #29
TrashyGirl
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopek1 View Post
Which ones?
registerprivatedomain.com gives you $10 for 10 domains
Old 09-24-2014, 02:40 PM   #30
ErectMedia
Confirmed Chicago Pimp

Industry Role:
free ones as well...

http://Anonymize.com
Old 09-24-2014, 08:52 PM   #31
FreeHugeMovies
Too lazy to set a custom title

I need to move my domains from Moniker, but I am too damn lazy.
FreeHugeMovies is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:12 AM   #32
jrzeygirl
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeHugeMovies View Post
I need to move my domains from Moniker, but I am too damn lazy.
Hey FreeHugeMovies - I can help you transfer to eNom!

Holla!
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >