Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
RandyRandy
Clips still sell!

Industry Role:
"Cannibal Cop" conviction overturned!!!

Wow - I was always shocked that he was convicted on internet role-playing only. Seems like a Federal judge agrees as well that it was nothing more than fantasy and he should not have been convicted for it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1850334
RandyRandy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:39 PM   #2
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Am I understanding this story correctly? I haven't followed it or even heard about it, but based on that story it sounds like the guy was on a chat board online talking about how he wanted to cook his wife alive and he was arrested and thrown in jail for it even though he never actually did anything. Correct?

If so that is pretty messed up.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:44 PM   #3
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
It pays to eat the evidence.
baddog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:49 PM   #4
RandyRandy
Clips still sell!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
Am I understanding this story correctly? I haven't followed it or even heard about it, but based on that story it sounds like the guy was on a chat board online talking about how he wanted to cook his wife alive and he was arrested and thrown in jail for it even though he never actually did anything. Correct?

This is from over two years ago - the guy was convicted on no evidence other than his role-playing chats on a cannibalism site. He spent 21 months in prison until yesterday. All for fantasy. If I remember correctly, there was nothing else - no accessing records thru the police department, nothing - other than a fantasy that "normal" people couldn't stomach - so he was convicted for it.

Personally, I don't get the cannibalism fantasy. But what I do get is it was fantasy - nothing acted out. Thankfully a Federal Judge saw it that way too. Fucking juries!
RandyRandy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:01 PM   #5
kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyRandy View Post
This is from over two years ago - the guy was convicted on no evidence other than his role-playing chats on a cannibalism site. He spent 21 months in prison until yesterday. All for fantasy. If I remember correctly, there was nothing else - no accessing records thru the police department, nothing - other than a fantasy that "normal" people couldn't stomach - so he was convicted for it.

Personally, I don't get the cannibalism fantasy. But what I do get is it was fantasy - nothing acted out. Thankfully a Federal Judge saw it that way too. Fucking juries!
Like you I don't get the cannibal fantasy (then again I don't get most fetishes), but it scares the hell out of me that a guy could end up in jail simply for something he wrote/thought/said.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:08 PM   #6
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyRandy View Post

After having served on a couple juries I made it a strict policy to not have a jury trial if I am innocent.
baddog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:11 PM   #7
RandyRandy
Clips still sell!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Like you I don't get the cannibal fantasy (then again I don't get most fetishes), but it scares the hell out of me that a guy could end up in jail simply for something he wrote/thought/said.
It should scare the hell out of you. It scares me. IMO this is the slippery slope that is spawned by Political Correctness. Lock-in your goose-step or suffer the consequences.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:23 PM   #8
Theo
HAL 9000

Industry Role:
prosecutors appealing judge's decision...
Theo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:51 PM   #9
RandyRandy
Clips still sell!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVN Theo View Post
That's why he's under house arrest and being monitored. Not a free man quite yet.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #10
DerekMister33
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Very interesting. Wonder what happens eventually...
DerekMister33 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #11
kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekMister33 View Post
Very interesting. Wonder what happens eventually...
I would imagine that eventually he will be set totally free, but it seems like these things can take time.

I saw a documentary a while back about guys freed from prison after DNA evidence showed they were innocent. In once case in Florida the DNA exonerated one guy and showed that another guy was guilty. They arrested that guy and he confessed. The DA office still fought the release of the innocent guy and ended up delaying it with procedures for nearly two more years. He knew the guy was innocent, but he was being petty because finding this guy innocent proved that he had done his job wrong the first time.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #12
brassmonkey
Pay It Forward

Industry Role:
dinners at his house when he says rump roast ask to be excused or just fucking run!
brassmonkey is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:07 PM   #13
blackmonsters
Yo Mamma!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVN Theo View Post
WTF is up with your nick?

It showed as yellow until I reloaded the page.
Your account is broken.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #14
_Richard_

Industry Role:
Quote:

that is definitely one way to look at it.

another way would be understanding he used police records to target and locate 'the best victim' due to circumstances.

but hey, if they want to set a precedent that anything written or spoken about could simply be 'fantasy'.. they can knock themselves out.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #15
KC_xindustryjobs.info

Industry Role:
this is nuts, I bet i wouldnt get away with something like this.

http://www.xindustryjobs.info
KC_xindustryjobs.info is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #16
bigluv
Confirmed User

What if the fantasy was centered around some kind of terrorist act like putting chemical weapons in a subway? Would the 'its just a fantasy , text on the internet' argument still hold up?
bigluv is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #17
kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigluv View Post
What if the fantasy was centered around some kind of terrorist act like putting chemical weapons in a subway? Would the 'its just a fantasy , text on the internet' argument still hold up?
Yes it should.

Tom Clancy wrote a book where the primary bad guys are a terrorist group that blows up the Super Bowl. He goes into some serious detail on exactly how they carried it out. Should he have been put in jail for that (obviously he is no longer alive, but this book came out some time ago)?
Old 07-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #18
kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Richard_ View Post
that is definitely one way to look at it.

another way would be understanding he used police records to target and locate 'the best victim' due to circumstances.

but hey, if they want to set a precedent that anything written or spoken about could simply be 'fantasy'.. they can knock themselves out.
If he wrongly used police records then I have no problem with him getting fired from his job and potentially pursued legally for breaking the laws regarding those records, but it seems wrong to me to throw him in jail because he might be a threat to someone.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:41 PM   #19
_Richard_

Industry Role:
Quote:
If he wrongly used police records then I have no problem with him getting fired from his job and potentially pursued legally for breaking the laws regarding those records, but it seems wrong to me to throw him in jail because he might be a threat to someone.
might be a threat? he had an accomplice he found, he used his position to target one specific person, and then had the plans all set up to kidnap, kill, cook, and then eat that person.

a fantasy would be anyone

a specific person is a plot.

but, since they're gunning people down with impunity, what's a little 'fantasized' cannibalism

Last edited by _Richard_; 07-03-2014 at 01:43 PM..
_Richard_ is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:14 PM   #20
kane

Quote:
might be a threat? he had an accomplice he found, he used his position to target one specific person, and then had the plans all set up to kidnap, kill, cook, and then eat that person.

a fantasy would be anyone

a specific person is a plot.

but, since they're gunning people down with impunity, what's a little 'fantasized' cannibalism
As I said earlier in this thread I haven't followed the case that closely so I don't have every detail, but what I have read makes it sound like the people he had contacted were all online and all part of a fetish fantasy website. I have no problem with investigating a person who might be plotting to carry out some kind of attack on another person. I do have a problem with a guy potentially being thrown in jail for life when he actually didn't do anything but write down some fucked up thoughts.

I understand where you are coming from. If nothing had been done and these writings turned out to not just be a fantasy and he really killed her and ate her, people would be up in arms about the authorities not doing anything to protect her. However, I think there were many steps that could have been taking to determine where this guy was at mentally before they decided to charge him and put him in jail.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #21
brassmonkey
Pay It Forward

Industry Role:
bet he had chinese food that nite while watching silence of the lambs fava beans!
brassmonkey is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #22
_Richard_

Industry Role:
Quote:
As I said earlier in this thread I haven't followed the case that closely so I don't have every detail, but what I have read makes it sound like the people he had contacted were all online and all part of a fetish fantasy website. I have no problem with investigating a person who might be plotting to carry out some kind of attack on another person. I do have a problem with a guy potentially being thrown in jail for life when he actually didn't do anything but write down some fucked up thoughts.

I understand where you are coming from. If nothing had been done and these writings turned out to not just be a fantasy and he really killed her and ate her, people would be up in arms about the authorities not doing anything to protect her. However, I think there were many steps that could have been taking to determine where this guy was at mentally before they decided to charge him and put him in jail.
hey fair enough. these are our boys in blue, we need to make sure they have all the help and shit they need

even after we heavily arm them, give them access to international databases and a 'battery of psychological and physical tests'.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:38 PM   #23
kane

Quote:
hey fair enough. these are our boys in blue, we need to make sure they have all the help and shit they need

even after we heavily arm them, give them access to international databases and a 'battery of psychological and physical tests'.
One of my best friends is a cop. Through him I have become friends with several cops and know many others. You would be shocked (or maybe not) at the types of people that actually pass the psych test.

Here is a scary one. A guy that worked for my friend's department was getting into some hot water in the department. To make a long story short he had, on a few occasions, broken the rules. First he started dating, then married on his his paid drug informants. After they broke up he secretly started dating and then married another officer in that department. He was her direct supervisor and it is very much against department rules.

So they were looking into him. He decides to move on and applies at a few other departments. One of them hires him, but since it is a new department he has to go through all of the steps including taking a drug test and a psych evaluation. He failed the psych evaluation so they didn't hire him, yet he kept his job at his original department and when they tried to fire him the union stepped in and was able to prevent it.

Eventually all the shit he had done caught up with him and they were able to fire him, but that was 3-4 years after his failed psych evaluation.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #24
_Richard_

Industry Role:
yea i thought so, have a good one
Old 07-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #25
DerekMister33
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddog View Post
It pays to eat the evidence.
DerekMister33 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >