Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
Mac upgrade question

This should be a great thread?

Anyway, I just downloaded Yosemite and am running the install. The progress bar has not moved in an hour. I keep checking it, no movement. There is no mention of time remaining either.

What do I do? I can't imagine a hard shutdown would be good during an installation. Do I continue to wait?

Sell me your: Paysites and Hosting Company. Buy my: Aged Domains and Sites
Sly is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:59 PM   #2
dicknipples
Formerly known as Lensman

Industry Role:
Either continue to wait, or cancel it and wait for when Apple's not being nailed harder then a ten cent jewish hooker.
dicknipples is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:02 PM   #3
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser Koopa View Post
Either continue to wait, or cancel it and wait for when Apple's not being nailed harder then a ten cent jewish hooker.
Cancel it how? And what does my computers installation have to do with the Apple website? It downloaded close to 6 GB of files. Is there more?

Sly is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #4
edgeprod
Permanently Gone

Industry Role:
After the 6GB, I was done. It did take a long ass time to "upgrade", and it broke a lot of shit, like Apache, PHP, JRE, etc ... but that almost always happens.

I dislike the new look, but it'll grow on my like always. I don't use Mac OS X for the looks, I use it to put Unix on my desktop for development purposes.

It's probably worth a call to Apple, Sly, or to the local Genius bar. Good luck!
edgeprod is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:57 PM   #5
MrGusMuller
Confirmed User

Industry Role:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeprod View Post
I dislike the new look, but it'll grow on my like always

Nice sentence

MrGusMuller is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #6
edgeprod
Permanently Gone

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGusMuller View Post

Nice sentence
Thanks!
edgeprod is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #7
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
I started the update but canceled it as it was downloading pretty slow. I will hold off for a few days and do the update over the weekend. Please post again after you've used it a while and let me know what you think?

One new feature that I am curious about is the ability to answer cellphone calls on your Mac. I updated my iPhone and iPad to the latest IOS and can now answer cellphone calls on my iPad. It's "Ok" but annoying because I'd never use my iPad for that purpose. However, I could really use it on my Mac as I am forever plugged into it via a headset.

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #8
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
I started the update but canceled it as it was downloading pretty slow. I will hold off for a few days and do the update over the weekend. Please post again after you've used it a while and let me know what you think?

One new feature that I am curious about is the ability to answer cellphone calls on your Mac. I updated my iPhone and iPad to the latest IOS and can now answer cellphone calls on my iPad. It's "Ok" but annoying because I'd never use my iPad for that purpose. However, I could really use it on my Mac as I am forever plugged into it via a headset.
That's the feature that I want as well, plus the texting.

Right now the progress bar is still stuck. Not sure what to do. Hard power down?

Old 10-16-2014, 07:39 PM   #9
Dvae
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
That's the feature that I want as well, plus the texting.

Right now the progress bar is still stuck. Not sure what to do. Hard power down?
I assume you are downloading from the App Store so it would be the App Store icon.

You can Force Quit by clicking and hold the icon on the Dock. A popup menu will appear, after a few seconds select "Force Quit"

Arguing with a troll is a lot like wrestling in the mud with a pig, after a couple of hours you realize the pig likes it.
Dvae is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:41 PM   #10
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
There is no dock. It's downloaded. I'm looking at a white screen with a progress bar that has barely moved for the last 2 1/2 hours. This is the installation screen. It is frozen.

Swear I have mentioned this once or twice. ;-)

Old 10-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #11
Dvae
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Ok in that case then hold down Command-Option-Shift-Esc for at least 30 seconds.
If no response hit the power button and Shut Down.

Arguing with a troll is a lot like wrestling in the mud with a pig, after a couple of hours you realize the pig likes it.

Last edited by Dvae; 10-16-2014 at 07:54 PM..
Dvae is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:06 PM   #12
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
I did a power down. Turned it back on and now seems to be installing. 17 minutes left. Did not get a time indicator before.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #13
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
Finally set! I have no problem with the design so far.

Need to upgrade to iOS8 next.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #14
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Hi Sly,

Good to hear! I decided not to wait, and updated 3 of my Macs to the new OS. The download was slow at first but I just let it go in the background and hardly noticed it.

So far everything on all 3 macs seems to work working well. I tested the phone feature and surprise! It works. This is a pretty cool feature because now I can use my mac for all of my voice calls (Skype, Toll free 866 number, and now my cellphone. Pretty cool).

The new interface is different, but I like it. The Maximize button now takes any app full screen which at first I hated, but now I like. So far that's the only thing I have played with.

2MuchMark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:41 AM   #15
yuu.design
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
ill try after read some reviews

Paysites - Affiliate Programs - Dating & Cam Sites - Mainstream Projects - Tube Sites - Banners - Wordpress Themes - NATs integration - Landing Pages

Check my Portfolio and Content Production Offers
yuu.design is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:47 AM   #16
tony286
lurker

Industry Role:
You guys are brave,ive learned my lesson in the past. Im waiting two weeks and reading macrumors. lol
tony286 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:51 AM   #17
MPGdevil
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
It just works. No need to wait.
MPGdevil is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #18
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
I just updated my Hackintosh desktops.

This is the quickest I've been able to update these machines, and the one issue I did have with the last version has now disappeared.

Spend you some brain.
Email Me

Last edited by candyflip; 10-17-2014 at 08:56 AM..
candyflip is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:53 AM   #19
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony286 View Post
You guys are brave,ive learned my lesson in the past. Im waiting two weeks and reading macrumors. lol
Usually I wait. I still haven't updated my iPhone. And honestly I have no idea why I updated last night because it screwed up my night really. All set now. Need to update my iPhone today so I can link them like Mark did.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #20
dicknipples
Formerly known as Lensman

Industry Role:
A few things I use are not yet Yosemite ready, so I will be waiting on updating. Plus I need to get a new USB stick as I want to do a fresh install not an upgrade.
dicknipples is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:34 AM   #21
DamianJ
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
Usually I wait. I still haven't updated my iPhone. And honestly I have no idea why I updated last night because it screwed up my night really. All set now. Need to update my iPhone today so I can link them like Mark did.
The hand off thing is very cool. I like the new design, aside from the folder colour. Man, that is a BRIGHT ASS blue.

New safari is very fucking fast.

Most useful feature for me I think is the mark up thing in mail. Fucking lovely.
DamianJ is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:56 PM   #22
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianJ View Post
The hand off thing is very cool. I like the new design, aside from the folder colour. Man, that is a BRIGHT ASS blue.

New safari is very fucking fast.

Most useful feature for me I think is the mark up thing in mail. Fucking lovely.
Yup - Safari is now very fast for me too.

What is the mark-up thing in email you mentioned?

Old 10-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #23
sinclair
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony286 View Post
My game plan usually as well. Been following the threads and so far doesnt seem to be too bad this time around.

"Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given free access to the sum of all human sex."
sinclair is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >