Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
DavieVegas
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Tips on Pumping Our Expensive Gasoline

Got an email from a guy and he said this:

Thought this might interest you. I paid $3.52 this afternoon at Costco here in San Luis Obispo,CA. The line was huge
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````````````
TIPS ON PUMPING GAS
I don't know what you guys are paying for gasoline.... but here in California we are paying up to $3.75 to $4.10 per gallon. My line of work is in petroleum for about 31 years now, so here are some tricks to get more of your money's worth for every gallon:

Here at the Kinder Morgan Pipeline where I work in San Jose , CA we deliver about 4 million gallons in a 24-hour period thru the pipeline.. One day is diesel the next day is jet fuel, and gasoline, regular and premium grades. We have 34-storage tanks here with a total capacity of 16,800,000 gallons.

Only buy or fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening....your gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline, diesel and jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products plays an important role.

A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode If you look you will see that the trigger has three (3) stages: low, middle, and high. You should be pumping on low mode, thereby minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping. All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. If you are pumping on the fast rate, some of the liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor. Those vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.

One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF FULL. The reason for this is the more gas you have in your tank the less air occupying its empty space. Gasoline evaporates faster than you can imagine. Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the gas and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation. Unlike service stations, here where I work, every truck that we load is temperature compensated so that every gallon is actually the exact amount.

Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up; most likely the gasoline is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
DVTimes
Holedex.com

Industry Role:
some good tips.

but unless your filling a huge truck your going to be saving about a 1p worth if that.

the cheap option is buy an old disal and fill it with used cooking oil. that way you can run your car for free. some even say used cooking oil works better than disial.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
_Richard_
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
got some interesting ideas
Old 03-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
JFK
FUBAR the ORIGINATOR

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVTimes View Post
some good tips.

but unless your filling a huge truck your going to be saving about a 1p worth if that.

the cheap option is buy an old disal and fill it with used cooking oil. that way you can run your car for free. some even say used cooking oil works better than disial.
dont you have to filter it etc

Sig Spot Available –contact JFK @ FUBARWebmasters.com
FUBAR Webmasters - The FUBAR Times - FUBAR Webmasters Mobile - FUBARTV.XXX
For promo opps contact jfk at fubarwebmasters dot com
JFK is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
HardlinkSells
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Go to a gas station, go inside, buy a drink, and get 20 dollars in gas. Only use your debit card, never use cash. Go to the pump and spend 19.99. Go home. You will look at your bank statement and you will not be charged the 20 dollars. Why? When a debit card transaction is made for gas, inside only, you have to spend the entire amount on gas. If you don't you have to go back in and run your debit card again to get the penny back. I prefer just leaving and they have to deal with the pending charge. Works for me all the time, but I only use exxon.
HardlinkSells is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Shame on you all.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/gastips.asp

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #7
JFK
FUBAR the ORIGINATOR

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
I am SO ASHAMED

Sig Spot Available –contact JFK @ FUBARWebmasters.com
FUBAR Webmasters - The FUBAR Times - FUBAR Webmasters Mobile - FUBARTV.XXX
For promo opps contact jfk at fubarwebmasters dot com
JFK is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #8
Scott McD
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieVegas View Post
I don't know what you guys are paying for gasoline.... but here in California we are paying up to $3.75 to $4.10 per gallon.
I wish we paid that here.

Been spoke about many times on here, but i wonder what Americans would think, or how they would cope, with paying the prices we pay over here?

I know the minimum wage etc is lower, but i just mean in general, if you HAD to pay the prices we pay over here. Which is more than double!

I Buy My High Quality Traffic Here, You Should Too!

Scott McD is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
The Heron
Confirmed User

Don't be fucking stupid, you might save pennies and most likely not save anything so get a life and focus on real expenses you can manage like your cc debt because you bought a 50 in tv that you don't really need.