Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 10-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #101
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
If Google had a programmer as CEO they surely wouldn't be where they are today. Programming is only one small part of what Google is. Google makes a lot of money from advertising, which programmers know nothing about it. Google has to market it's products, which programmers know nothing about. Google has legal departments, HR departments.

I have a cousin who works for the acquisition department of Intel. He buys entire companies. A programmer has no idea what company is going to produce income two years down the road, which is why programmers don't run companies.

This is what you don't understand. We need doctors to manage the hospitals and the local cases. But we need someone else to manage everything else. A doctor is not qualified to handle the State department, the FDA, and the FAA - and cannot handle the political aspect of all of the decisions this person will need to make.

Rochard, being an idiot again!

Larry Page CEO and Co-Founder of Google

As Google?s chief executive officer, Larry is responsible for Google?s day-to-day-operations, as well as leading the company?s product development and technology strategy. He co-founded Google with Sergey Brin in 1998 while pursuing a Ph.D. at Stanford University, and was the first CEO until 2001?growing the company to more than 200 employees and profitability. From 2001 to 2011, Larry was president of products.

Larry holds a bachelor?s degree in engineering from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and a master?s degree in computer science from Stanford University. He is a member of the National Advisory Committee (NAC) of the University of Michigan College of Engineering, and together with co-founder Sergey Brin, Larry was honored with the Marconi Prize in 2004. He is a trustee on the board of the X PRIZE, and was elected to the National Academy of Engineering in 2004.
Carbon is not the problem, it makes up 0.041% of our atmosphere , 95% of that is from Volcanos and decomposing plants and stuff. So people in the US are responsible for 13% of the carbon in the atmosphere which 95% is not from Humans, like cars and trucks and stuff and they want to spend trillions to fix it while Solar Panel plants are powered by coal plants
think about that
Vendzilla is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:17 PM   #102
Due
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendzilla View Post

As Google?s chief executive officer, Larry is responsible for Google?s day-to-day-operations, as well as leading the company?s product development and technology strategy. He co-founded Google with Sergey Brin in 1998 while pursuing a Ph.D. at Stanford University, and was the first CEO until 2001?growing the company to more than 200 employees and profitability. From 2001 to 2011, Larry was president of products.

Larry holds a bachelor?s degree in engineering from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and a master?s degree in computer science from Stanford University. He is a member of the National Advisory Committee (NAC) of the University of Michigan College of Engineering, and together with co-founder Sergey Brin, Larry was honored with the Marconi Prize in 2004. He is a trustee on the board of the X PRIZE, and was elected to the National Academy of Engineering in 2004.
That is true, during the heavy growth period he was not the CEO.
If I remember it correctly one of the requirements for the venture capital google received was that a more experienced CEO stepped in while Larry Page improved his management or communication skills and focused only on certain things. I may be mistaken, there's always been tons of rumors flying around about Google. There is probably a few people here that can clarify this.

I would classify him more as a system / software engineer than a programmer. I have to admit I haven't really looked at his resume... I can't afford to hire him anyway
Due is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #103
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:

He is not a programmer; He created the company. Staggering difference. When he steps down Google isn't going to go into their programming department to find his replacement.

And this is what you fail to understand. He is not a programmer but instead a business owner - he doesn't write code for a living, but instead spends his time managing people and departments of Google. He watches trends in the industry, decides which products to launch, and who should run what division.

We need doctors to do their job - treat patients and find a cure. Doctors are not qualified to command military units, or handle the State Department, or the FAA, or the FDA.

But it doesn't really matter does it. If Obama picked a doctor you would be bitching he didn't pick someone with government management skills.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:30 PM   #104
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
I don't think we have to worry about him [doing anything].

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/19/eb...ing-appointed/
baddog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:41 PM   #105
MaDalton
I am Amazing Content!

Industry Role:
Re: Google

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Schmidt
MaDalton is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #106
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
He is not a programmer; He created the company. Staggering difference. When he steps down Google isn't going to go into their programming department to find his replacement.

And this is what you fail to understand. He is not a programmer but instead a business owner - he doesn't write code for a living, but instead spends his time managing people and departments of Google. He watches trends in the industry, decides which products to launch, and who should run what division.

We need doctors to do their job - treat patients and find a cure. Doctors are not qualified to command military units, or handle the State Department, or the FAA, or the FDA.

But it doesn't really matter does it. If Obama picked a doctor you would be bitching he didn't pick someone with government management skills.
I stand corrected, an idiot would have seen that he has a masters degree in Computer Science and is the co founder of Google.He did the first programming for the company and understands what's going on , on all levels because of it.

And as usual, you can't read, where the FUCK, did I say hire a doctor> I said someone with management experience in the medical field, fuck you are dense sometimes!
Carbon is not the problem, it makes up 0.041% of our atmosphere , 95% of that is from Volcanos and decomposing plants and stuff. So people in the US are responsible for 13% of the carbon in the atmosphere which 95% is not from Humans, like cars and trucks and stuff and they want to spend trillions to fix it while Solar Panel plants are powered by coal plants
think about that
Vendzilla is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #107
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
And as usual, you can't read, where the FUCK, did I say hire a doctor> I said someone with management experience in the medical field, fuck you are dense sometimes!
Someone with medical experience in the medical field would be a.... wait for it... doctor.

Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:54 AM   #108
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:

jfc. "programmer" is simply another term for computer scientist. No one said the ceo sits in the basement hammering out code. unless you want to mention zuckerberg, then I can also point out how he as ceo has done that very thing.
dyna mo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:00 AM   #109
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
eric schmidt was the ceo fo google before larry. wait for it...........

he was a programmer, oh, since we're getting nitpicky, a computer scientist.
dyna mo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:14 AM   #110
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Someone with medical experience in the medical field would be a.... wait for it... doctor.
Hey dipshit, a manager of a hospital has experience in the medical field

Hey DipShit, I never said Doctor

Hey Dipshit, why do you hate doctors, if you are dealing with an illness, who do you go to, a politician? LOL
think about that
Old 10-21-2014, 08:24 AM   #111
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Doctors are not qualified to command military units, or handle the State Department, or the FAA, or the FDA.
LOL, Rochard doesn't have a clue!

FDA Commissioner Dr Margaret Hamburg MD
http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/CentersO.../ucm193757.htm
think about that
Old 10-21-2014, 08:28 AM   #112
PAR
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
This would be like putting someone with no Tech or programming skills/understanding in-charge of an internet company.

And we all know every CEO in adult is a former computer science graduate...
PAR is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:32 AM   #113
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
putting a lid on a deadly global viral outbreak isn't really the same as running a pron tgp eh.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #114
BettingHandle
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Old 10-21-2014, 09:20 AM   #115
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna mo View Post
jfc. "programmer" is simply another term for computer scientist. No one said the ceo sits in the basement hammering out code. unless you want to mention zuckerberg, then I can also point out how he as ceo has done that very thing.
I have two college degrees, one in Computer Tech and another in Electrical Engineering. I am not by any stretch of the imagination a programmer.

Zuckerberg was a college kid who dropped out of college to start his own company. Zuckerberg is a thirty year old entrepreneur, not a thirty year old programmer. Trust me when Zuckerberg is looking for someone to run his company, he will not be picking a thirty year old programmer.

What is needed here is someone who can manage doctors, hospitals, dozens of government agencies, the US military, while coordinating with other countries and avoiding political issues. A doctor cannot do this. A doctor who manages a hospital network cannot do this.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:24 AM   #116
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
I have two college degrees, one in Computer Tech and another in Electrical Engineering. I am not by any stretch of the imagination a programmer.

Zuckerberg was a college kid who dropped out of college to start his own company. Zuckerberg is a thirty year old entrepreneur, not a thirty year old programmer. Trust me when Zuckerberg is looking for someone to run his company, he will not be picking a thirty year old programmer.

What is needed here is someone who can manage doctors, hospitals, dozens of government agencies, the US military, while coordinating with other countries and avoiding political issues. A doctor cannot do this. A doctor who manages a hospital network cannot do this.
keep deluding yourself, I already posted proof that your google reference was wrong, I posted proof that fortune 500 companies hire product/service expert CEOs, it's already been shown that a medical expert is not neccessarily a doctor.

heads up- you lost the argument back on page 1.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #117
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:

oh and there is no way in fuck you have a degree in engineering. And a degree ion Computer tech? what trade school offer that "degree"? please. just stop, you're actually chatting with someone who has a degree.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:27 AM   #118
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
Have you guys ever been to the doctor and left thinking "what an idiot!?"

Yeah, they have degrees too. Advanced ones, even. ;-)

Sell me your: Paysites and Hosting Company. Buy my: Aged Domains and Sites
Sly is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #119
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
Have you guys ever been to the doctor and left thinking "what an idiot!?"

Yeah, they have degrees too. Advanced ones, even. ;-)
I'm looking at the tags for this thread, they are funny, Obama, Blame, Medical and perfect
think about that
Old 10-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #120
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:

As Usual, you are WRONG

Let me help you get that foot out of your mouth

http://www.itworld.com/article/28327...ing-again.html

Seems Zuckerburg started coding again last year to write the new Poke App.

Noting in that link that he wrote the OG code for facebook
think about that
Old 10-25-2014, 11:12 AM   #121
1-800-313-WETT
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Politics are getting in the way of the Ebola Outbreak

It is up to us to share real stories from real news services and not the propaganda the goverment is telling everyone, take a moment to share a post that you feel tells the real story. Help spread the news to your friends and family. One time is all it takes to help.

http://ShareEbolaNews.com

Together We Can All Make A Difference
Old 10-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #122
tony286
lurker

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-800-313-WETT View Post
Politics are getting in the way of the Ebola Outbreak

It is up to us to share real stories from real news services and not the propaganda the goverment is telling everyone, take a moment to share a post that you feel tells the real story. Help spread the news to your friends and family. One time is all it takes to help.

http://ShareEbolaNews.com

Together We Can All Make A Difference
We dont have an outbreak. Over 30,000 Americans die from the flu. one died from ebola in the US and he didnt die from the disease it was you have no insurance get the fuck out.
tony286 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:55 AM   #123
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
keep deluding yourself, I already posted proof that your google reference was wrong, I posted proof that fortune 500 companies hire product/service expert CEOs, it's already been shown that a medical expert is not neccessarily a doctor.

heads up- you lost the argument back on page 1.
No, you didn't. There is a huge difference between someone who dropped out of college and founded a billion dollar company compared to a programmer.

We do not need a doctor for this. We need someone who can navigate the political landscape and handle the various government organizations involved.

Old 10-25-2014, 02:01 PM   #124
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
oh and there is no way in fuck you have a degree in engineering. And a degree ion Computer tech? what trade school offer that "degree"? please. just stop, you're actually chatting with someone who has a degree.
No retort?
baddog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >