Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:22 PM   #1
Captain Kawaii
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Google ?Knowledge Vault? To Power Future Of Search

Yes, knowledge vault has been around for awhile but Google appears to be stepping up its game with it determined to be the know all, see all wizard of fucking search Oz.

Anyone in the SEO game read this yet? What are your thoughts?

---------------------------------------
Google?s Knowledge Graph is being used to supply increasing amounts of structured content in PC and mobile search results. It?s part of an evolution that began with ?universal search? and accelerated with the requirement for ?answers not links? in mobile.

Now Google is developing a successor knowledge base of content that will eventually supersede Knowledge Graph and be far more extensive. According to New Scientist that system and corpus are called ?Knowledge Vault.? The implications for third-party publishers are potentially significant over time ? as Google relies less and less on them. Tempering that, however, is Google?s business model to some degree.

Sensationally characterized as ?the largest store of knowledge in human history,? Knowledge Vault is being assembled from content across the internet without human editorial involvement. ?Knowledge Vault autonomously gathers and merges information from across the web into a single base of facts about the world, and the people and objects in it,? says New Scientist.

To me its exciting, disgusting and scary all at the same time.
Captain Kawaii is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:08 AM   #2
Captain Kawaii
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
I wonder how long it will be until we can issue "the Google" voice commands for searches like on Star Trek? They want to be the ship's computer so where does that leave the rest of us?

And how can they use the data they collect without linking to the source? That's pretty fucking outrageous to me.
Captain Kawaii is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:08 AM   #3
Simon
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Yes, I read that article too. Their plans for extending the Knowledge Vault project are part of the reason they killed Google Authorship after making such a big deal of its importance. More here...

http://searchengineland.com/goodbye-...horship-201975

Some of the comments regarding it not providing enough value to users, and how the space it required in valuable mobile real estate affected their decision, are also valuable in that they provide additional insights about the importance Big G places on those things for our own sites.

Simon is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:00 AM   #4
Captain Kawaii
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Yes, I read that article too. Their plans for extending the Knowledge Vault project are part of the reason they killed Google Authorship after making such a big deal of its importance. More here...

http://searchengineland.com/goodbye-...horship-201975

Some of the comments regarding it not providing enough value to users, and how the space it required in valuable mobile real estate affected their decision, are also valuable in that they provide additional insights about the importance Big G places on those things for our own sites.

Thank you for posting that, Simon. Indeed the comments are very informative. I have always shied away from Google authorship as I have not wanted to connect all my accounts for various reasons. Usually they do not have anything to do with each other and mine are usually used for business and not for surfers.

For example, I recently started a new Twitter to promote Mr. Skin and other such content and Twitter immediately tried to connect me to my Facebook. I do not mind the option but to push it right and front and provide no "back out" link was annoying.

I am thinking surfers/searchers are more interested to know where they can find the info/content and not who authored it. I give Google credit for constantly experimenting and trying new things. Not always to our benefit though. Or the surfers.
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >