Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:38 AM   #51
sperbonzo
I'd rather be on my boat.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
Good lord, what a kook. Why is it that the biggest supporters of guns are the exact people that shouldn't have guns?

They say we need a way to keep the mentally challenged away from fire arms? A good first step would be to find people that think they need guns to protect themselves from a government takeover.
Absolutely agree. No government anywhere has ever taken over anyone. It's certainly not happening anywhere in the world these days, or even in the last 50 years. It just doesn't happen, and it never will again.

This kind of crazy talk should be a jailable offense. Any loony that thinks that the government will take all of their rights away, should have all of their rights taken away!

Government is the only good thing in our lives, and we must always be careful to be obedient to our kindly and benevolent leaders, as they selflessly sacrifice their own well-being in order to bring us all forward into lives of fulfillment and plenty!

[email protected] / http://Acellafinancial.com/

ICQ 177961090 / Tel +1 909 NET BILL / Skype msperber

Last edited by sperbonzo; 08-26-2014 at 09:39 AM..
sperbonzo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:10 AM   #52
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Haven't you guys heard about voting? And I don't mean just choosing between republicans and democrats. It's like voting between king and queen (and they are married, you know).

Last edited by aka123; 08-26-2014 at 10:11 AM..
aka123 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #53
Rob
I'm a great bowler.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbonzo View Post
Absolutely agree. No government anywhere has ever taken over anyone. It's certainly not happening anywhere in the world these days, or even in the last 50 years. It just doesn't happen, and it never will again.

This kind of crazy talk should be a jailable offense. Any loony that thinks that the government will take all of their rights away, should have all of their rights taken away!

Government is the only good thing in our lives, and we must always be careful to be obedient to our kindly and benevolent leaders, as they selflessly sacrifice their own well-being in order to bring us all forward into lives of fulfillment and plenty!
Old 08-26-2014, 10:25 AM   #54
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Typical thread about guns, people chiming in with zero experience about the subject offering conjecture about something they know absolutely nothing about!!

I taught my daughter, starting at about 8 years old, .22 pump rifle, M1 Carbine and a BB gun. Later an AR15 and S&W 40 pistol

She has never killed anyone

At age 26, she is a veteran of the US Navy and has a Bachelors degree...

So please, simpletons! Tell me where I screwed up?
Carbon is not the problem, it makes up 0.041% of our atmosphere , 95% of that is from Volcanos and decomposing plants and stuff. So people in the US are responsible for 13% of the carbon in the atmosphere which 95% is not from Humans, like cars and trucks and stuff and they want to spend trillions to fix it while Solar Panel plants are powered by coal plants
think about that
Vendzilla is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:26 AM   #55
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroticfem View Post
If this had happen in a European country childservice would taken their kid away, as her parents would not be fit to have a child.
I almost believe you considering the number of wars that started in Europe and how much you guys need to have your government tell you what you can and cannot do.
baddog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #56
Atticus
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:

Where did I say that I support the government taking guns away or restricting gun owners rights? I was implying that certain gun owners have a delusional Rambo fantasy that when the time comes they will be able to defeat the US military.

You want guns to protect your family? Go for it.
You want guns to hunt or as a hobby? Go for it.
You need guns in case the federal government takes over the country and you need to stamp out the threat? You're mentally ill and living in fantasy land.
Atticus is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:14 AM   #57
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendzilla View Post
Typical thread about guns, people chiming in with zero experience about the subject offering conjecture about something they know absolutely nothing about!!

I taught my daughter, starting at about 8 years old, .22 pump rifle, M1 Carbine and a BB gun. Later an AR15 and S&W 40 pistol

She has never killed anyone

At age 26, she is a veteran of the US Navy and has a Bachelors degree...

So please, simpletons! Tell me where I screwed up?
Hard to say. Make 100 000 kids more and we see then.

I would teach my kids to shoot, but probably not at 8 years old (with real guns). Some airgun will do fine at that age and it will teach right shooting techique much better than guns with gunpowder.
aka123 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:21 AM   #58
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka123 View Post
Hard to say. Make 100 000 kids more and we see then.

I would teach my kids to shoot, but probably not at 8 years old (with real guns). Some airgun will do fine at that age and it will teach right shooting techique much better than guns with gunpowder.
They can develop bad habits if they are not taught safety first, they will be left to shooting the air soft any way they want and when given a real gun, they will fall back on old habits. This is not the right way!

Given strict guidelines and taught respect of firearms is a much better and safer way to shoot any firearm. If you have an 8 year old that shouldn't be trained in firearms, you have already failed your child! Go back to letting your TV raise them in that case!
Carbon is not the problem, it makes up 0.041% of our atmosphere , 95% of that is from Volcanos and decomposing plants and stuff. So people in the US are responsible for 13% of the carbon in the atmosphere which 95% is not from Humans, like cars and trucks and stuff and they want to spend trillions to fix it while Solar Panel plants are powered by coal plants
think about that
Vendzilla is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:24 AM   #59
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
But then again, my daughter was being taught to read before preschool, too bad there aren't more good parents out there
think about that
Old 08-26-2014, 11:30 AM   #60
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
They can develop bad habits if they are not taught safety first, they will be left to shooting the air soft any way they want and when given a real gun, they will fall back on old habits. This is not the right way!

Given strict guidelines and taught respect of firearms is a much better and safer way to shoot any firearm. If you have an 8 year old that shouldn't be trained in firearms, you have already failed your child! Go back to letting your TV raise them in that case!
Not taught safety first? I am talking about airgun, not some airsoft. At least I was tought the gun safety with airgun. And seeing the bullet splintering wood didn't give me any illusions it being a toy.

I can hardly see how not teaching 8 year old kid "gun safety", other than "Don't touch guns." would be failing. They need just to know that they are not toys and are capable of doing significant damage. Gun safety is not just about shooting.

Last edited by aka123; 08-26-2014 at 11:32 AM..
Old 08-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #61
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
But then again, my daughter was being taught to read before preschool, too bad there aren't more good parents out there
What is the good thing in that, exactly?
Old 08-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #62
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Not taught safety first? I am talking about airgun, not some airsoft. At least I was tought the gun safety with airgun. And seeing the bullet splintering wood didn't give me any illusions it being a toy.

I can hardly see how not teaching 8 year old kid gun safety, other than "Don't touch guns." would be failing. They need just to know that they are not toys and are capable of doing significant damage. Gun safety is not just about shooting.
Where did I say "don't touch" as being safety?

How will they know what they do, unless you show them? Having them shoot those guns will show them much better!

I never told my daughter don't touch and walked away. I spent several hours just showing her how it worked and what it did before I handed the firearm to her.

Air soft, air gun, it doesn't make a difference, both work the same way.

I feel sorry for your kids if you rely on just saying don't touch till you think they are old enough to be taught to use them properly. I talked to my daughter about everything, always have, that's why we are such good friends, that's why she has done so well in life so far. If you don't like the way I raised my daughter, then you must think that I did a bad job, well go fuck yourself, she is awesome. I didn't follow any book, I didn't listen to others, I listened to my heart and raised a great kid, that btw is very protective of me and those she loves.

It's apparent to me you know jack shit about raising kids and shooting guns or even worse, how to train others how to shoot!

So thanx for chiming in with conjecture, see I know what I'm talking about!
think about that
Old 08-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #63
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
What is the good thing in that, exactly?
WOW, you really are a moron aren't you? You don't realize the good in teaching a kid to read, fuck man you are fucking dense!
think about that
Old 08-26-2014, 11:50 AM   #64
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Where did I say "don't touch" as being safety?

How will they know what they do, unless you show them? Having them shoot those guns will show them much better!

I never told my daughter don't touch and walked away. I spent several hours just showing her how it worked and what it did before I handed the firearm to her.

Air soft, air gun, it doesn't make a difference, both work the same way.
I did say "Don't touch" being gun safety, you are hardly the authority to define what's gun safety. Do you teach even babies to shoot, or do you bring guns up just the at moment when "Now daddy teaches you to shoot"?

And I can see where you have gone wrong, or your parents. You keep airguns harmless, not to be taken seriously, etc. Clear attitude problem, not taking gun safety seriously. "Work the same way". LOL. Even "real guns" work the same way, aka projectile leaves barrel with high speed.

Last edited by aka123; 08-26-2014 at 11:57 AM..
Old 08-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #65
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
WOW, you really are a moron aren't you? You don't realize the good in teaching a kid to read, fuck man you are fucking dense!
Teaching kid to read before pre-school, school or whatever. That was the point. Or don't they teach kids to read in US schools?
Old 08-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #66
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #67
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Teaching kid to read before pre-school, school or whatever. That was the point. Or don't they teach kids to read in US schools?
You don't think kids that learn to read before starting school have an advantage?
baddog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #68
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddog View Post
You don't think kids that learn to read before starting school have an advantage?
Not really. The school program doesn't take that into account and the kid does "re-learn" the stuff again. So, the kid can use that time to be kid, instead of learning to read, and to learn to read when everybody else does. Also, I am not that competition spirit kind of guy, that I would start to develop some special skill related advantages for very young child. This is more mommy and daddy related issue, than child related. I have already pet, I am not going to turn my hopefully future to be childs to be one.

Last edited by aka123; 08-26-2014 at 01:04 PM..
Old 08-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #69
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
I did say "Don't touch" being gun safety, you are hardly the authority to define what's gun safety. Do you teach even babies to shoot, or do you bring guns up just the at moment when "Now daddy teaches you to shoot"?

And I can see where you have gone wrong, or your parents. You keep airguns harmless, not to be taken seriously, etc. Clear attitude problem, not taking gun safety seriously. "Work the same way". LOL. Even "real guns" work the same way, aka projectile leaves barrel with high speed.
Conjecture at best

I've been trained by the military to use firearms and have trained others, so yes, I am an authority.

I said 8 year olds, not babies, you do know the difference don't you?

You were the one that brought up airguns as being something a child should use, not me.

You seriously are an idiot!

I guess you didn't learn to read until much later in life! LOL
think about that
Old 08-26-2014, 01:12 PM   #70
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Not really. The school program doesn't take that into account and the kid does "re-learn" the stuff again. So, the kid can use that time to be kid, instead of learning to read, and to learn to read when everybody else does. Also, I am not that competition spirit kind of guy, that I would start to develop some special skill related advantages for very young child. This is more mommy and daddy related issue, than child related. I have already pet, I am not going to turn my hopefully future to be childs to be one.
Fuck you are an idiot!

My daughter has always read above the grade level, has always excelled above the other children in the class because she was given a love for books at an early age. She had plenty of time to be a kid, she had a pony, well she actually had two. She rode in parades. She had a better childhood than most and you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. She grew a garden, she went camping, she shot guns with her daddy, she rode in hot rods, she learned to weld with an arc welder at age 12. I guess your parents let the TV raise you, shows in your ignorant comments

Do the world a favor and don't have any off spring
think about that
Old 08-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #71
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Conjecture at best

I've been trained by the military to use firearms and have trained others, so yes, I am an authority.

I said 8 year olds, not babies, you do know the difference don't you?

You were the one that brought up airguns as being something a child should use, not me.

You seriously are an idiot!

I guess you didn't learn to read until much later in life! LOL
Uuuh, you have been in military, so have I, and I am squad leader. That doesn't still give any special authority for neither of us.

Yes, I got that you teach 8 year old kids, but what about before they are 8 year olds? And yes, I brought airguns as some that childs can use to practice shooting, as you brought guns working with gunpowder. I didn't say the airguns are toys, I presented those as a alternative for shooting practice, not as a toys to mess about.

Seems that your dad didn't teach you being humble (not that I would be the best example of it), as you are being so tough mister patriot, who knows how to raise their children's and it's the fucking only right way. Yeah!

Last edited by aka123; 08-26-2014 at 01:21 PM..
Old 08-26-2014, 01:19 PM   #72
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Fuck you are an idiot!

My daughter has always read above the grade level, has always excelled above the other children in the class because she was given a love for books at an early age.
Yeah, I too was taught the "love of books", but without that "extra" attitude.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #73
theking
Nice Kitty

Industry Role:
I was given my first gun for Xmas when I was ten...it was an over and under .22/.410. I began shooting around six. By the time I was fifteen I owned several rifles and shotguns.

FOR THE LYING LOWLIFE POSTING AS PATHFINDER...https://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...athfinder.html
theking is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:21 PM   #74
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Uuuh, you have been in military, so have I, and I am squad leader. That doesn't still give any special authority for neither of us.

Yes, I got that you teach 8 year old kids, but what about before they are 8 year olds? And yes, I brought airguns as some that childs can use to practice shooting, as you brought guns working with gunpowder. I didn't say the airguns are toys, I presented those as a alternative for shooting practice, not as a toys to mess about.

Seems that your dad didn't teach you being humble (not that I would be the best example of it), as you are being so tough mister patriot, who knows how to raise their children's and it's the fucking only right way. Yeah!
Did your teachers teach you with rocks to the head, Can you not understand what I have said?

What you are saying makes no fucking sense, are you that fucking retarded?

Never said anything before 8, why is that an important thing, you fucking retard, instead you bring up babies? Are you high?

First you say use air guns, then you don't, make up your fucking mind!

And if you are going to question how I raised my kid, please tell me where I went wrong when at 26 she has a degree and is a veteran you low life piece of shit!

Squad leader, wtf is that? Does that mean you are in the boy scouts?
What the fuck do you do in this industry?
think about that
Old 08-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #75
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Yeah, I too was taught the "love of books", but without that "extra" attitude.
Fuck you low life, if you don't want attitude, don't act like a fucking moron!
think about that
Old 08-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #76
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Never said anything before 8, why is that an important thing, you fucking retard, instead you bring up babies? Are you high?

First you say use air guns, then you don't, make up your fucking mind!

Squad leader, wtf is that? Does that mean you are in the boy scouts?
What the fuck do you do in this industry?
Don't you understand? If you have guns in your house, you have to say something about those even before you teach the kids to shoot, etc. And usually the guns purpose is explained together with "Don't touch them". And I still suggest using airguns to teach kids to shoot (and involve gun safety with the shooting).

Squad is a military unit. Here, learn some.

"In military terminology, a squad is a small military unit led by a non-commissioned officer (NCO)[1] that is subordinate to an infantry platoon."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squad

You can read my industry role from the left.

<-------

Last edited by aka123; 08-26-2014 at 01:27 PM..
Old 08-26-2014, 01:28 PM   #77
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theking View Post
I was given my first gun for Xmas when I was ten...it was an over and under .22/.410. I began shooting around six. By the time I was fifteen I owned several rifles and shotguns.
I hate it when shit heads come in here and push how they were raised thinking their culture is better than ours.

I got a BB gun at 7 and went shooting about once a month with family.
think about that
Old 08-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #78
Atticus
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:

You just keep, keeping on man. Don't ever change. Your posts bring me great comical joy. I'll await the tale of how you wrestled a bear in the traveling circus and how you have a deep bond with all wild creatures in the coming years.

Oh, and for the record?

Quote:
The problem, researchers say, is that no one knows if pushing your young child to read makes any difference. ?There?s no evidence that teaching children to read early is a good thing,? says Dr. Susan B. Neuman, a professor of education at the University of Michigan who specializes in early literacy development. ?There?s no evidence that says it?s a bad thing either, but there?s just no evidence at all, so parents might be wasting a good deal of their own ? and their children?s ? time, when they could be doing other things that really do promote early literacy.?

Still, with the national focus on reading brought about by No Child Left Behind and the implementation of Common Core standards in the classroom ? not to mention fierce competition for enrollment at top schools and universities ? many parents feel increasing pressure to get their kids reading as soon as possible to ensure their academic success.

?We see an awful lot of parents who are trying to teach their children how to read very early on, in infancy as a matter of fact,? Neuman says. ?We think that some of this early push might be more focused on the parents? needs than the kids? needs.?

?I find the phenomenon shocking,? says Dr. Shannon Ayers, assistant research professor at Rutgers University?s National Institute for Early Education Research (NIEER). ?But I don?t blame the parents. Every parent wants what?s best for his or her child. But they?re hearing about this so-called ?window of opportunity? before age five, and they get scared. The bottom line is: yes, there are critical skills your young child needs before they enter school, but these skills are ones that they can learn through play and through their life experiences, not flash cards.?
Atticus is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:32 PM   #79
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Don't you understand? If you have guns in your house, you have to say something about those even before you teach the kids to shoot, etc. And usually the guns purpose is explained together with "Don't touch them". And I still suggest using airguns to teach kids to shoot (and involve gun safety with the shooting).

Squad is a military unit. Here, learn some.

"In military terminology, a squad is a small military unit led by a non-commissioned officer (NCO)[1] that is subordinate to an infantry platoon."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squad

You can read my industry role from the left.

<-------
Still doesn't p[rove that you are still not a fucking moron, coming in here and bashing others culture because it's different from yours, just shows that you hold prejudice against others that don't fit in your narrow view.

I don't give a rats ass about your military history, bit doesn't mean a fucking thing shit for brains! You asked what my background was, I told you so fuck off!

Now you are changing the subject again saying something about keeping a gun ion the house, try staying on subject, or is that the only way you think you can win this argument!

And your argument to use air guns to train is bull shit
think about that
Old 08-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #80
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:

You just keep, keeping on man. Don't ever change. Your posts bring me great comical joy. I'll await the tale of how you wrestled a bear in the traveling circus and how you have a deep bond with all wild creatures in the coming years.

Oh, and for the record…
Fuck off shit head, you post one persons opinion and state that it's fact, your're as fucking ignorant and this other troll that can't even say what he does in the industry

Ok, off to do some work on my bike, have a nice day shit for brains.

I fucking hate trolls
think about that

Last edited by Vendzilla; 08-26-2014 at 01:36 PM..
Old 08-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #81
theking
Nice Kitty

Industry Role:
Quote:
I hate it when shit heads come in here and push how they were raised thinking their culture is better than ours.

I got a BB gun at 7 and went shooting about once a month with family.
I agree.

FOR THE LYING LOWLIFE POSTING AS PATHFINDER...https://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...athfinder.html
theking is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #82
Atticus
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Fuck off shit head, you post one persons opinion and state that it's fact, your're as fucking ignorant and this other troll that can't even say what he does in the industry

Ok, off to do some work on my bike, have a nice day shit for brains.

I fucking hate trolls
Like I said man, don't ever change.

Perhaps now that your daughter has her degree she can come back home and teach you proper sentence structure.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:41 PM   #83
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
1. It readies your child for kindergarten.

Fact: Forty-three percent of children in America are not school ready when they enter kindergarten. Yet, children who get early literacy exposure with positive speech interactions have a 32-million-word advantage by age four over children who did not get this exposure. Teaching reading to preschoolers and being ready for kindergarten can be accomplished easily and informally with a little literacy activity each day in short durations.

2. It alleviates worries about reading disability later on.
Fact: Neuroscientists tell us that the preschool brain is malleable and more likely to reorganize dysfunctional or dyslexic reading circuitry if we intervene early. Early intervention starts at home. You should be your child's first reading teacher for this reason alone.

3. It makes learning to read easier for your child.
Fact: Picking up reading in babyhood and toddlerhood is easy; learning to read at age 6 from formal instruction in school is hard work. Babies and toddlers can learn to read as easily and informally during a critical period of brain development from birth to age 4 as they can easily pick up fluency in two complicated languages, say, Mandarin and English, during this same time.

4. It feeds a hungry brain.
Fact: A baby's brain will triple in size during the first year of life. Reading aloud and talking to your child feeds the child's brain 10 million words of raw data each year in the first three years of life, and enables their neural pathways to develop in different ways. A multisensory flash-word technique, or labeling objects and reading-around-the-room, can start as early as 3 or 4 months of age, during the brain's height of plasticity and synaptic formation. Such activities flex your child's mental muscles by feeding word traces into his brain, impacting both brain growth and cognitive development.

5. It engenders multisensory creative development and love for reading.
Fact: At the same time you are stimulating her speaking and reinforcing specific neural pathways that link sound and meaning, reading aloud and talking to your child feeds the baby's natural curiosity and helps develop right-brain creativity. By giving your baby opportunities to engage in listening, viewing, exploring with her mouth (cloth and board books), touching, and movement activities related to books and reading, it becomes a creative activity that engages both the creative and verbal sides of the brain. It also instills positive attitudes about books and jumpstarts the beginnings of a love for life-long reading.

6. It helps your child pick up phonics.
Fact: Tacit knowledge of phonics rules are hallmarks of toddler readers. They can't deliberately articulate the rules of phonics, but 2- and 3-year-olds can intuit phonics and exhibit the ability to decode and read words they have never seen in print. They cannot learn to do this through the kind of formal instruction used in school. They likely use special right-brain learning capacities and pick up phonics and word-pattern recognition just like they pick up multiple languages during this period. They lose these special brain capacities by age 6.

7. It helps your child pick up grammar.
Fact: Research shows that children stimulated with informal literacy activities can learn the basic rules of grammar for speech production by age 2. Tacit knowledge of grammar rules when learning to speak works similarly to a baby's and toddler's tacit use of phonics rules when learning to read. They can't articulate the rules of grammar, but babies and toddlers certainly use the rules of grammar in speech production.

8. It makes your child smarter.
Fact: If you read aloud to your child, and later allow your 3-, 4- , or 5-year-old child to choose books with interesting content and read them independently, he or she will grow in intelligence. Reading and being read to enables 2- and 3-year-olds to use complicated sentences, manage memory of distant events, build general knowledge, access new information, and develop powers of reflection. Reading stimulates language and vocabulary development, which is highly correlated with measures of intelligence. A 5-year-old reader acquires new knowledge from reading while a 5-year-old nonreader can only admire the pictures.

9. It helps build better schools.
Fact: Four out of 10 American 8-year-olds cannot read proficiently. For the first time in history, the current generation will be less well educated than their parents. The achievement gap in American schools starts before children enter kindergarten. Teach your child to read before he or she goes to school, encourage your neighbors to do the same, and you'll help fix a fledgling system that is currently in jeopardy.

10. It creates a beautiful legacy with a little time and effort.
Fact: The requirements of baby/toddler reading are simple: reading aloud routinely, friendly and fun verbal interaction, personal contact, and about 5 minutes/day of word play. Do this in the first three or four years of your child's life and you will raise a reader. It will have a powerful impact on your child's future behavior. You will feel good about giving your child the gift of reading, you'll be remembered fondly for this gift, and it will likely be passed on to your children's children when your own children continue the tradition or when you continue the practice as a grandparent
think about that
Old 08-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #84
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Like I said man, don't ever change.

Perhaps now that your daughter has her degree she can come back home and teach you proper sentence structure.
In case you haven't noticed, this is GFY, proper sentence structure got thrown out years ago, try to keep up!

Try not to be a fucking troll!
think about that
Old 08-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #85
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Yeah, that is what this is about. Maybe you should cool down a bit and read what I wrote at the first place.

"Hard to say. Make 100 000 kids more and we see then.

I would teach my kids to shoot, but probably not at 8 years old (with real guns). Some airgun will do fine at that age and it will teach right shooting techique much better than guns with gunpowder."

I simply told my opinion about what I would do. And I told that one kid is not big enough sample, and I even put a smiley face.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #86
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Still doesn't p[rove that you are still not a fucking moron, coming in here and bashing others culture because it's different from yours, just shows that you hold prejudice against others that don't fit in your narrow view.
Ohh, I missed this one, but gladly I answered to this already. See one message above.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #87
noshit
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroticfem View Post
what sane person would take on a 9 year old as a student to learn about weapons.
Absolutely Horrific. Teaching a kid self responsibility and how to be an individual to stand on their own.
Next thing you know; the kid will be a productive part of the family doing chores and cutting grass.
We can't have that... We won't be able to use this kid as an excuse.
noshit is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #88
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
I even put a smiley face.
Seriously, that's suppose to make it better?

You insult me saying something about my kid learning to read early, then bring up babies and expect some kind of decorum?

You are posting in the wrong place for this

If you want to judge people because of their culture, go fuck your self

Seriously, go fuck yourself!
think about that
Old 08-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #89
Atticus
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
1. It readies your child for kindergarten.

Fact: Forty-three percent of children in America are not school ready when they enter kindergarten. Yet, children who get early literacy exposure with positive speech interactions have a 32-million-word advantage by age four over children who did not get this exposure. Teaching reading to preschoolers and being ready for kindergarten can be accomplished easily and informally with a little literacy activity each day in short durations.

2. It alleviates worries about reading disability later on.
Fact: Neuroscientists tell us that the preschool brain is malleable and more likely to reorganize dysfunctional or dyslexic reading circuitry if we intervene early. Early intervention starts at home. You should be your child's first reading teacher for this reason alone.

3. It makes learning to read easier for your child.
Fact: Picking up reading in babyhood and toddlerhood is easy; learning to read at age 6 from formal instruction in school is hard work. Babies and toddlers can learn to read as easily and informally during a critical period of brain development from birth to age 4 as they can easily pick up fluency in two complicated languages, say, Mandarin and English, during this same time.

4. It feeds a hungry brain.
Fact: A baby's brain will triple in size during the first year of life. Reading aloud and talking to your child feeds the child's brain 10 million words of raw data each year in the first three years of life, and enables their neural pathways to develop in different ways. A multisensory flash-word technique, or labeling objects and reading-around-the-room, can start as early as 3 or 4 months of age, during the brain's height of plasticity and synaptic formation. Such activities flex your child's mental muscles by feeding word traces into his brain, impacting both brain growth and cognitive development.

5. It engenders multisensory creative development and love for reading.
Fact: At the same time you are stimulating her speaking and reinforcing specific neural pathways that link sound and meaning, reading aloud and talking to your child feeds the baby's natural curiosity and helps develop right-brain creativity. By giving your baby opportunities to engage in listening, viewing, exploring with her mouth (cloth and board books), touching, and movement activities related to books and reading, it becomes a creative activity that engages both the creative and verbal sides of the brain. It also instills positive attitudes about books and jumpstarts the beginnings of a love for life-long reading.

6. It helps your child pick up phonics.
Fact: Tacit knowledge of phonics rules are hallmarks of toddler readers. They can't deliberately articulate the rules of phonics, but 2- and 3-year-olds can intuit phonics and exhibit the ability to decode and read words they have never seen in print. They cannot learn to do this through the kind of formal instruction used in school. They likely use special right-brain learning capacities and pick up phonics and word-pattern recognition just like they pick up multiple languages during this period. They lose these special brain capacities by age 6.

7. It helps your child pick up grammar.
Fact: Research shows that children stimulated with informal literacy activities can learn the basic rules of grammar for speech production by age 2. Tacit knowledge of grammar rules when learning to speak works similarly to a baby's and toddler's tacit use of phonics rules when learning to read. They can't articulate the rules of grammar, but babies and toddlers certainly use the rules of grammar in speech production.

8. It makes your child smarter.
Fact: If you read aloud to your child, and later allow your 3-, 4- , or 5-year-old child to choose books with interesting content and read them independently, he or she will grow in intelligence. Reading and being read to enables 2- and 3-year-olds to use complicated sentences, manage memory of distant events, build general knowledge, access new information, and develop powers of reflection. Reading stimulates language and vocabulary development, which is highly correlated with measures of intelligence. A 5-year-old reader acquires new knowledge from reading while a 5-year-old nonreader can only admire the pictures.

9. It helps build better schools.
Fact: Four out of 10 American 8-year-olds cannot read proficiently. For the first time in history, the current generation will be less well educated than their parents. The achievement gap in American schools starts before children enter kindergarten. Teach your child to read before he or she goes to school, encourage your neighbors to do the same, and you'll help fix a fledgling system that is currently in jeopardy.

10. It creates a beautiful legacy with a little time and effort.
Fact: The requirements of baby/toddler reading are simple: reading aloud routinely, friendly and fun verbal interaction, personal contact, and about 5 minutes/day of word play. Do this in the first three or four years of your child's life and you will raise a reader. It will have a powerful impact on your child's future behavior. You will feel good about giving your child the gift of reading, you'll be remembered fondly for this gift, and it will likely be passed on to your children's children when your own children continue the tradition or when you continue the practice as a grandparent
This list is primarily geared to having your children reading before kindergarten. AKA pre-school. You're the one that made the boast that your child was taught to read before pre-school. It also is heavily slanted on reading to your child from an early age, which no one disputes.

The humor in your post is you equate your child learning to read before pre-school as the best way to raise a child. And 'too bad there aren't more good parents out there'. Implying that if your child wasn't taught to read by age 3 the parents are failures. I was pointing out that you're a simpleton. But again, no need to really point that out as you do a great job in all of your posts.

On a side note, you really do have some major anger management issues. Your love of guns, fear of the govt., machismo and rage is a real great cocktail. Like I said, never change!
Old 08-26-2014, 02:02 PM   #90
danielpbarron

Industry Role:
I am in favor of nuclear-weapon dispensing vending machines to which children of any age have access.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #91
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Seriously, that's suppose to make it better?

You insult me saying something about my kid learning to read early, then bring up babies and expect some kind of decorum?

You are posting in the wrong place for this

If you want to judge people because of their culture, go fuck your self

Seriously, go fuck yourself!
Well, this is GFY.

But seriously, you can't withstand any questioning without going to rage mode. Like you would be the great "diversity guy" to talk about different cultures. LOL.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #92
sperbonzo
I'd rather be on my boat.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
I fail to understand why a nine year old should be taught how to use a firearm..
Frankly that sounds like the arguments that those "abstinence only" idiots use, as to why children should not be taught about condoms and safe sex. "We should just teach them to say no to sex and that's all!"

Brilliant.

Last edited by sperbonzo; 08-26-2014 at 02:09 PM..
sperbonzo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #93
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Frankly that sounds like the arguments that those "abstinence only" idiots use, as to why children should not be taught about condoms and safe sender. "We should just teach them to say no to sex and that's all!"

Brilliant.

Well, should nine year olds be teached to use condom? The dispute is mostly about the age, not whether should gun use be taught or not. Or the use of condoms.

Last edited by aka123; 08-26-2014 at 02:13 PM..
Old 08-26-2014, 02:15 PM   #94
newB
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Location: Somewhere between reality and total ape-shit bonkers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
I shot a bear when I was only 3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
***edit***was going to include the third image of the woman holding a gun to the head of the toddler, but decided against it***
That is seriously fucked up, regardless of whether or not the gun is a toy.

The best Adult Affiliate Programs reviewed and indexed by niche and feature.
Easily find the sponsors that suit your needs.

Last edited by newB; 08-26-2014 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: better judgment
newB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #95
Atticus
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Frankly that sounds like the arguments that those "abstinence only" idiots use, as to why children should not be taught about condoms and safe sex. "We should just teach them to say no to sex and that's all!"

Brilliant.

Are you seriously proposing we teach sex education to children 9 and under?
Old 08-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #96
Bryan G
Confirmed User

Quote:
You can't be serious lol. Obviously teaching a kid to read before hand will give them an advantage. My daughter just turned 1 and I read to her every day and try to teach her words. She might not fully understand but she will sooner than later.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:27 PM   #97
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan G View Post
You can't be serious lol. Obviously teaching a kid to read before hand will give them an advantage. My daughter just turned 1 and I read to her every day and try to teach her words. She might not fully understand but she will sooner than later.
Can you put this "obvious advantage" into words? As we are talking about reading and writing.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:05 PM   #98
lezinterracial
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Read another story that said she lost control while shooting a full auto uzi.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0GQ23820140826

I remember a story of a kid shooting himself in the head with a full auto uzi a while back.

I have never shot a full auto myself.
lezinterracial is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #99
Bryan G
Confirmed User

Quote:
Can you put this "obvious advantage" into words? As we are talking about reading and writing.
Do you have kids?
Old 08-26-2014, 03:13 PM   #100
newB
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Location: Somewhere between reality and total ape-shit bonkers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lezinterracial View Post
They said that Charles Vacca, 39, had been standing next to the girl at the Last Stop shooting range in White Hills near the Nevada border on Monday morning showing her how to fire the automatic weapon.

Apt name.

The best Adult Affiliate Programs reviewed and indexed by niche and feature.
Easily find the sponsors that suit your needs.

newB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >