Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Pleasurepays
BANNED - SUPPORTING TUBES

WAAAAAIIIT a minute! Gideongallery... what does this say???

http://thepiratebay.org/

embassy of time shifting?

no...

i can't quite make it out. any ideas?

Pleasurepays is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
After Shock Media
It's coming look busy

Location: "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn".
I see a torrent search page, am I missing something?

PS as much as it pains me to say this. For the most part he is accurate in the majority of his arguments. If you really do not believe it just hire an attorney to explain it all and past case law and you will find out the same as sad as it is. Also will discover that just about every case has sided with the copyright holder in lower courts and then got overturned latter on.
He is easy to hate on though and since what he says almost makes no fucking sense in what is moral and right, does not make it incorrect when it comes to law. I used to argue with him. I spent some cash to get better educated and well I got sick to my stomach.

[email protected] ICQ:135982156 AIM: Aftershockmed1a MSN: [email protected]
After Shock Media is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
_Richard_
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by After Shock Media View Post

PS as much as it pains me to say this. For the most part he is accurate in the majority of his arguments. If you really do not believe it just hire an attorney to explain it all and past case law and you will find out the same as sad as it is. Also will discover that just about every case has sided with the copyright holder in lower courts and then got overturned latter on.
He is easy to hate on though and since what he says almost makes no fucking sense in what is moral and right, does not make it incorrect when it comes to law. I used to argue with him. I spent some cash to get better educated and well I got sick to my stomach.
how do you mean sick to your stomach?
Old 05-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #4
After Shock Media
It's coming look busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR Richard View Post
how do you mean sick to your stomach?
Because most of what he says is correct.

After Shock Media is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #5
papill0n
Unregistered Abuser

Industry Role:
http://blog.mininova.org/articles/20...removal-trial/

Quote:
Today, we decided to extend our platform and run a trial with content recognition. This basically means that likely infringing video files referred to by torrents are checked by a third party content recognition system. If the system finds that the file corresponds to unauthorized content, we remove and block the torrent that refers to this file on Mininova.
papill0n is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #6
_Richard_
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Because most of what he says is correct.
you have paid for the higher education regarding it.. lots of things are considered 'legal' until someone makes it illegal, i was wondering if this sick feeling is just the injustice of it all, or there is some serious bullshit going on
Old 05-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
Pleasurepays
BANNED - SUPPORTING TUBES

Quote:

i'm talking about "torrents are for time shifting" and the fact that piratebay.org has a huge link/ad to - http://embassyofpiracy.org/build/ to help people spread the word that they support PIRACY

the only people that support this kind of bullshit are the people that don't produce a fucking thing in this world and that the world would be better off without. of course, if they were suddenly producing movies and fronting 100,000,000.00 to produce and market it... you can bet your ass, they wouldn't be standing up begging people to steal it and defending the theft as "their right to do so"

Last edited by Pleasurepays; 05-13-2009 at 04:47 PM..
Pleasurepays is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
Kevin Marx
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageCash-Ben View Post
I love the responses on his blog.... "have some balls like the guys at piratebay.org"

bunch of trolls and freeloaders on the Internet.... yeah!!!! everything for free if you can get it!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #9
After Shock Media
It's coming look busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR Richard View Post
you have paid for the higher education regarding it.. lots of things are considered 'legal' until someone makes it illegal, i was wondering if this sick feeling is just the injustice of it all, or there is some serious bullshit going on
The sick feeling is because I still feel it is highly wrong and fucked up. What he goes over (ad nauseum) is case law and previous higher rulings, which have a nasty habit of overturning lower courts attempts at saying something is illegal. It is bullshit and it can be highly abused. Just happens to be truthful and he gets beaten on a lot for it.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #10
After Shock Media
It's coming look busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleasurepays View Post
the only people that support this kind of bullshit are the people that don't produce a fucking thing in this world and that the world would be better off without. of course, if they were suddenly producing movies and fronting 100,000,000.00 to produce and market it... you can bet your ass, they wouldn't be standing up begging people to steal it and defending the theft as "their right to do so"
You are more than likely correct there. I do produce stuff and that is why it did sicken my stomach.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:14 AM   #11
CDSmith
GFY HALL OF FAME DAMMIT!!!

Industry Role:
Location: My network is hosted at TECHIEMEDIA.net ...Wait, you meant where am *I* located at? Oh... okay, I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. Oops. :)
Quote:
The sick feeling is because I still feel it is highly wrong and fucked up. What he goes over (ad nauseum) is case law and previous higher rulings, which have a nasty habit of overturning lower courts attempts at saying something is illegal. It is bullshit and it can be highly abused. Just happens to be truthful and he gets beaten on a lot for it.
And deservedly so. In every thread about this he is myopically focused on the law, case law, precedents, like you said. Not what is RIGHT, and let's face it, the internet is still growing and changing and adjusting, but so too are the laws that govern certain aspects of it. Tube sites are still relatively new, and if they are finding loopholes in the law to hide behind while thumbing their noses at owners of intellectual property then it stands to reason that eventually some of those loopholes could get closed.

The one thing he refuses to acknowledge in his as you said 'ad nauseum' arguments is that "the law" does not always equal nor reflect what is right.

ALWAYS THE HIGHEST PAYOUTS: Big Bux/ImLive SIGNUP ON NOW!!!

Put some PUSSYCA$H in your pocket.
ICQ me at: 31024634
CDSmith is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #12
Agent 488

Industry Role:
time shifting runs counter to the laws of the temporal police of the star trek universe.
Agent 488 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >