Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Looking for work? Have a job and looking for that right person to fill your position? Post your resumes and open positions here! Does your company provide a service that the industry needs? Post your service here. Video Editing, blog writing, encoding, programming, the works.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
unixmaid

Industry Role:
Eccentric unix geek looking for a couple clients (longer term)

I've been a mostly main-stream freelance geek since 1996.

I'd rather have a few longer term arrangements so that I didn't have to spend time re-orienting myself with a new servers configuration for every job.

For this reason, I want find people I can get along well with, but I can be a bit eccentric. (but the flip side is, I'm usually pretty accepting of others eccentricities)

The Good:
  • Straight shooter, I don't steal data, won't snoop your mail or other nonsense.
    Privacy is VERY important to me, it's almost a religion
  • I'm cheap. I charge an hourly rate and I don't fib about hours.
  • You can call me at 3:00am when your server is down and I won't be offended.
  • Detective work - Given the tools, I do pretty good at tracking down problems
    I've been told I'm pretty good at this. (perhaps I just need a life?)
  • UNIX - Linux, FreeBSD, several other flavors of BSD
    I was skipping around in unix land using gopher & archie, before the web -- Unix is my playground.
  • Software design & deployment (perl, php, numerous languages)
    I've written software that spans multiple servers, I use object oriented programming.
  • I use revision control software, svn, cvs
    I've been at this game so long, I've even used RCS (No, I don't recommend RCS.... )

The Bad:

I'll be upfront, better than finding out later on....
  • I am kind of finicky at times and not nearly as punctual or scheduled as I'd like to be.
  • If your business model is * spy cams and the like, YOU DO NOT want to talk to me.
    (but if you're appalled at the thought of invading someones privacy or taking advantage of people like that, I REALLY want to hear from you, I'm probably exactly who you're looking for.)
  • I don't want to work for websites where violence is a predominate theme.
    (I don't mind being grossed out from time to time, but violence actually makes me ill, it's not good for me to be around too much of it)

* Spy cams would include asking guys to take nude photos of their wives/girlfriends & post w/out consent. [edited]

Just looking for a few good clients I can work with from time to time. Basically, I'm looking for cool people and low(er)-stress working environments. I've done the corporate thing, it's OK for a week or two, but much too stuffy.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by unixmaid; 11-25-2011 at 09:18 AM..
unixmaid is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >