Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:14 PM   #51
theking
Nice Kitty

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendzilla View Post
I was watching him on Cspan, the guy is not a good public speaker.
Out of curiosity have you started watching the three C-Span channels because you heard me say that I frequently watch C-Span...to see and hear the words come from the "horses mouth" without it being filtered by some news show anchor or talking head? Also in the mornings one of the C-Span channels has headlines from multiple papers...big and small and usually different papers on different days. Then they have a call in period where people express their opinions on the headlines or events in the world. All of which I find interesting.

FOR THE LYING LOWLIFE POSTING AS PATHFINDER...https://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...athfinder.html

Last edited by theking; 10-17-2014 at 06:15 PM..
theking is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #52
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
The real problem is politicians. They now turn EVERYTHING into politics.

This time it's the Republicans up in arms over this.
I'm pretty sure that Obama wasn't going to please them no matter what he did.
He could have appointed Dr. Ben Carson and the Republicans would have called Carson a "sellout".

I do think that Obama is fucking shit up (as usual). The U.S. should have a travel ban right now on certain countries.
Other countries in Africa have already done that to the Ebola stricken countries.
So have the Europeans.

But for some reason, Obama (as usual) sets his feet in the ground and won't budge. I think it's a big mistake and of course the Republicans are going to pounce all over it.

For such a smart guy, the President sure does seem to make some foolish moves sometimes.
You don't seem to understand why there is no travel ban. Let's look at Texas as an example. Lets say suddenly 50 cases of Ebola broke out, due to many of the people whom had contact with the people there whom have had it.

Now lets say, the Govt gets real scared and thinks there might be an uncontrollable outbreak in Texas. As those 50 will infect 50 more and so forth.

Lets say the Govt decides to block all travel in and out of Texas.. What is it do you think would then happen? I'll tell you..

People would start rioting and people would try to sneak across the boarders or even try to forcibly cross the boarders to get away. This would lead to no ability to control the situation and would spread the outbreak even further as people tried to get out of the infection zone.

This is why there are no bans.. because it would cause further panic and the people would do anything to get out of those countries, further spreading it as they would assume they were being left to fend for themselves.

Last edited by crockett; 10-17-2014 at 06:43 PM..
crockett is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #53
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna mo View Post
that's the nutty part about the czar bs, the government is so inept with a complete inability to work together that a special dude has to be appointed to get the government working right and together.

the cdc was on the front lines in dallas and this guy is gonna point them in the right direction? riiiiiiiiiight.
The CDC wasn't on the front lines in Dallas for some time. They were in contact, but didn't send any advisers until the first nurse came down with it.
crockett is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #54
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Exactly. It's beyond ridiculous.

Hey, it's election time...please NOBODY vote for any incumbents. Throw them all out and let them go home and get real jobs.

I'm tired of these lifetime/career bureaucrats and their bullshit.
I just got my ballot in the mail today. For the most part I plan to vote against the incumbents. The sad thing is a few of the challengers for the incumbent's seats are also career politicians. There is one woman who has held 5 or 6 different public offices. If she loses one election, in the next she runs for a different position.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:06 PM   #55
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapesoda View Post
but the guy is a DR. Rochard.... the guy is a SPIN DOCTOR
It's a circle jerk. More or less we pick the lesser of two evils and pray they don't cock it up too bad.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:18 PM   #56
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
You don't seem to understand why there is no travel ban. Let's look at Texas as an example. Lets say suddenly 50 cases of Ebola broke out, due to many of the people whom had contact with the people there whom have had it.

Now lets say, the Govt gets real scared and thinks there might be an uncontrollable outbreak in Texas. As those 50 will infect 50 more and so forth.

Lets say the Govt decides to block all travel in and out of Texas.. What is it do you think would then happen? I'll tell you..

People would start rioting and people would try to sneak across the boarders or even try to forcibly cross the boarders to get away. This would lead to no ability to control the situation and would spread the outbreak even further as people tried to get out of the infection zone.

This is why there are no bans.. because it would cause further panic and the people would do anything to get out of those countries, further spreading it as they would assume they were being left to fend for themselves.
Could you just imagine trying to block all traffic to / from Texas? LOL.

Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #57
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
Could you imagine doing it to four or five countries in Africa?
Old 10-17-2014, 08:14 PM   #58
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
Quote:
The funniest thing about that concept: we can't stop incoming traffic from Mexico as is!

Sell me your: Paysites and Hosting Company. Buy my: Aged Domains and Sites
Sly is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:40 AM   #59
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
You don't seem to understand why there is no travel ban.

All the African nations surrounding the Ebola stricken countries have already closed all the borders. The Associated Press reported that it is helping to STOP the spread of Ebola across the continent.

So far no riots.

I personally think this is a huge mistake by our govt. I also disagree with sending national guard troops with zero training in dealing with contagious deadly disease over into the middle of that shit.
But that is what is happening.

We have medical professionals in full gear getting sick with ebola, and we are sending national guard reservists with ZERO training over to Africa.

I heard someone on the radio joking that if Aliens landed on Earth today they would think the CDC was really the CDR: The Center For Disease Redistribution.
After hearing that we are sending Americans INTO that shit, and that the CDC knew that nurse was going to travel from Dallas to Cleveland and back and didn't stop her...I have to say the whole thing is another huge cluster fuck by the federal govt.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:41 AM   #60
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Could you imagine doing it to four or five countries in Africa?
Yeah. Or at least keep them off crowded airplanes.

Huge difference between walking across the Mexican border as opposed to Africans flying halfway around the world.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:31 AM   #61
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
The CDC wasn't on the front lines in Dallas for some time. They were in contact, but didn't send any advisers until the first nurse came down with it.
hospital followed cdc protocols, cdc allowed the loose fitting garments on those nurses, cdc agents were at the hospital and advises the nurses to use tape to secure the gaps in clothing, cdc let that nurse fly.

again, the CDC was on the front lines in dallas.

no admin czar is going to fix the above.
dyna mo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:57 AM   #62
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
hospital followed cdc protocols, cdc allowed the loose fitting garments on those nurses, cdc agents were at the hospital and advises the nurses to use tape to secure the gaps in clothing, cdc let that nurse fly.

again, the CDC was on the front lines in dallas.

no admin czar is going to fix the above.
I dunno where you are getting your info but that is not what happened.

THE CDC was NOT there for the first case and they didn't show up until the nurse came down with it. The CDC has said this themselves and they have stated that they didn't realize how little training the hospital staff had. They assumed the staff was trained and competent but found out they were not. The hospital didn't have any protocols nor did they follow any CDC guidelines with the first patient.

That is why it spread to two nurses, because they "didn't have nor did they follow any CDC protocols.

Quote:
"As far as I can tell, there wasn't training there," professor of epidemiology at Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health Stephen Morse said. "The CDC could have helped with that, but I think they didn't realize how large the gap was."

The agency now admits a mistake. Its rapid-response team should have been mobilized to Dallas right away to help train the staff caring for Duncan, something the agency said it will do from now on.
Quote:
"Hospital officials allowed nurses who interacted with Mr. Duncan to then continue taking care of other patients even though they had not the proper equipment while providing care for Mr.Duncan," National Nurses United co-president Deborah Burger said.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ebola-vi...es-cdc-admits/

Last edited by crockett; 10-18-2014 at 08:02 AM..
Old 10-18-2014, 08:10 AM   #63
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
I dunno where you are getting your info but that is not what happened.

THE CDC was NOT there for the first case and they didn't show up until the nurse came down with it. The CDC has said this themselves and they have stated that they didn't realize how little training the hospital staff had. They assumed the staff was trained and competent but found out they were not. The hospital didn't have any protocols nor did they follow any CDC guidelines with the first patient.

That is why it spread to two nurses, because they "didn't have nor did they follow any CDC protocols.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ebola-vi...es-cdc-admits/

according to the hospital's official statement, CDC agents were on sight and suggested the tape. the CDC protocols were in place and followed.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...016-story.html

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...me-yourselves/

I also read the actual statement from the hospital but don't have it handy

Last edited by dyna mo; 10-18-2014 at 08:11 AM..
dyna mo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:14 AM   #64
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
not sure why you feel the need to nitpick the term "front lines" based on some sort of timeline in your mind.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:28 AM   #65
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
the official statement from texas health where they clearly state there were CDC protocols and they were followed and also CDC input on how to treat, notifications, etc.

Quote:
Statement from Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is committed to working together with its employees to provide a safe, healthy and satisfying workplace.

In the pursuit of open feedback, Texas Health Dallas has a strict nonretaliation policy. Employees are encouraged to raise issues and concerns via the chain of command. This process is a core tenet of our culture and values. It is documented in our Code of Business Ethics.

In addition, Texas Health Dallas employees have two mechanisms available to anonymously raise issues about safety concerns or related matters. It is important to note that no Texas Health Dallas employee did so concerning their care of Mr. Duncan or our two co-workers.

Third parties who don?t know our hospital, our employees and who were not present when the events occurred are seeking to exploit a national crisis by inserting themselves into an already challenging situation. Based on our strong track record of having excellent relationships with our employees, we do not believe it is necessary or helpful for outside parties to intervene in this relationship. Everyone should be focused on supporting each other in our pursuit of learning and continuous improvement that can be applied to hospitals throughout the nation. We are dedicated to providing a wide range of opportunities for employees to give input and influence decision making. From Magnet® designation to multiple Employer of Choice awards, this has long been a recognized strength of our organization.

Many of the comments we have seen or heard in the media are only loosely based on fact, but are often out-of-context and sensationalized. Others are completely inaccurate. We would like to address some of those that have surfaced over the last 24 hours:

We have conducted interviews with well over 100 caregivers involved in Mr. Duncan?s care, some multiple times. The consistent and universal theme we have heard is that all caregivers reported being consistently compliant with utilizing the appropriate PPE in accordance with guidelines from the CDC. The CDC guidelines changed frequently, and those changes were frustrating to them and to management. Nonetheless, they endeavored to remain compliant with what was communicated as the most recent and appropriate guideline.
When Mr. Duncan returned to the Emergency Department (ED), he arrived via EMS. He was moved directly to a private room with a negative air pressure and placed in isolation. There were no other patients in that room. Again, THD staff wore the appropriate PPE as recommended by CDC at the time.
The Infection Prevention coordinator was properly notified in a timely manner of the initial diagnosis and followed Dallas County Health and Human Services process of notification, which includes notification of the CDC.
Mr. Duncan?s initial ED specimens were handled in accordance with normal protocol, bagged and sent in a sealed container through the tube delivery system. There was no spillage of Mr. Duncan?s specimens.
Mr. Duncan?s later specimens in the ED were triple-bagged, placed in a transport container and hand-carried to the lab utilizing the buddy system.
Mr. Duncan?s specimens in the Medical ICU were hand-carried and sealed per protocol. Routine labs were done in his room via wireless equipment.
Nurses who interacted with Mr. Duncan wore PPE consistent with CDC guidelines. Staff had shoe covers, face shields were required, and N-95 mask was optional ? again, consistent with CDC guidelines at the time. When CDC issued updates, as they did with leg covers, we followed their guidelines.
When CDC recommended that nurses wear isolation suits, the nurses raised questions and concerns about the fact that the skin on their neck was exposed. Two onsite CDC members approved and recommended that they pinch and tape the necks of the gown. Because our nurses continued to be concerned, particularly about removing the tape, we ordered medical shrouds.
The CDC classified risk/exposure levels. Nurses who were classified as ?no known exposure? or ?no risk? were allowed to treat other patients per CDC guidance.
Patients who may have been exposed were always housed or isolated per CDC guidance.
Waste was contained in accordance with CDC standards, and waste was located in safe and containable locations. It is a gross exaggeration to say that trash was stacked up to the ceiling.
When we received Tyvek suits, some were too large. We have since received smaller sizes, but it is possible that nurses used tape to cinch the suits for a better fit.
It is incorrect and disturbing to many of our staff to hear media exaggerations about their commitment to the organization they love. They are understandably worried and concerned in the eye of this storm, but they are steadfastly supporting their patients, each other, and the hospital they love.

Texas Health Dallas was the first hospital in the United States to receive a patient with undiagnosed Ebola. We have acknowledged that we made mistakes and that we are deeply sorry. Our amazing caregiving team did not hesitate to rise to the challenge despite being in an unprecedented situation.

Texas Health Dallas remains a safe place for employees and patients. We support the tireless and selfless dedication of our nurses and physicians, and we hope these facts clarify inaccuracies recently reported in the media.

Wendell Watson, Director
Public Relations
Media Hotline: 800-314-7722
http://texashealth.org/news-alert.cf...etail&ref=1901
Old 10-18-2014, 09:29 AM   #66
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theking View Post
Out of curiosity have you started watching the three C-Span channels because you heard me say that I frequently watch C-Span...to see and hear the words come from the "horses mouth" without it being filtered by some news show anchor or talking head? Also in the mornings one of the C-Span channels has headlines from multiple papers...big and small and usually different papers on different days. Then they have a call in period where people express their opinions on the headlines or events in the world. All of which I find interesting.
I saw on one of the news channels that he was speaking live so I went straight to that channel, I have satellite so I have all the channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
The funniest thing about that concept: we can't stop incoming traffic from Mexico as is!
You have that wrong, we can stop them, our leadership doesn't want to!

Look up D68 and what it's doing to the children of the US and where it originated, guess the countries?
Carbon is not the problem, it makes up 0.041% of our atmosphere , 95% of that is from Volcanos and decomposing plants and stuff. So people in the US are responsible for 13% of the carbon in the atmosphere which 95% is not from Humans, like cars and trucks and stuff and they want to spend trillions to fix it while Solar Panel plants are powered by coal plants
think about that
Vendzilla is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #67
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Ok, someone argue with this

Since some people want a manager and some want someone with a medical background, wouldn't posting someone that had both be the better choice? Then no one could argue with the nomination could they?
Carbon is not the problem, it makes up 0.041% of our atmosphere , 95% of that is from Volcanos and decomposing plants and stuff. So people in the US are responsible for 13% of the carbon in the atmosphere which 95% is not from Humans, like cars and trucks and stuff and they want to spend trillions to fix it while Solar Panel plants are powered by coal plants
think about that
Vendzilla is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:10 AM   #68
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
not sure why you feel the need to nitpick the term "front lines" based on some sort of timeline in your mind.
I'm not nit picking anything, I'm going by what the CDC themselves have said. They said themselves that they didn't act fast enough as far as getting people there on the ground to train the nurses and make sure protocols were followed.

Your links that state the hospital claimed there were cdc guys there are the first I've seen of that. My guess is that the cdc people were likely just administrative types, not the type whom suit up or train nurses, as the CDC has clearly said they didn't send these types until late in the game.

As for nit picking.. Umm let's get real, we are in a topic by Vendzilla whom nit picks everything Obama does or says. Why not ask him why he's nit picking? I mean hell he's claiming the guy is a politician which he clearly isn't or wasn't.

The guy was an appointee and was the chief of staff to the VP. That's not an elected office, it's an administrative office. That's a bureaucrat and is the typical type of person whom fills these rolls.

But of course calling him a politician sounds better for his agenda.

Last edited by crockett; 10-18-2014 at 10:12 AM..
Old 10-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #69
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:

Since some people want a manager and some want someone with a medical background, wouldn't posting someone that had both be the better choice? Then no one could argue with the nomination could they?
Wait.. Maybe he could have nominated someone and let congress interview him for the next 6 months and nit pick him apart while Ebola continues to be a problem..

That or he could make a choice and put someone in that can probably do the job..

The fact is Vendzilla, it doesn't matter who he put in charge, you would of bitched and moaned about it. Hell even the Maverick McCain has said the guy is capable of doing the job, but yea McCain is far too liberal these days isn't he?

Last edited by crockett; 10-18-2014 at 10:18 AM..
Old 10-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #70
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
Quote:

Oh, you mean a job similar to the Surgeon General?

How is that working out?

No one could argue with the nomination? LOL. Look up Senate Confirmation Hearings.

Sly is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:33 AM   #71
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
I'm not nit picking anything, I'm going by what the CDC themselves have said. They said themselves that they didn't act fast enough as far as getting people there on the ground to train the nurses and make sure protocols were followed.

Your links that state the hospital claimed there were cdc guys there are the first I've seen of that. My guess is that the cdc people were likely just administrative types, not the type whom suit up or train nurses, as the CDC has clearly said they didn't send these types until late in the game.

As for nit picking.. Umm let's get real, we are in a topic by Vendzilla whom nit picks everything Obama does or says. Why not ask him why he's nit picking? I mean hell he's claiming the guy is a politician which he clearly isn't or wasn't.

The guy was an appointee and was the chief of staff to the VP. That's not an elected office, it's an administrative office. That's a bureaucrat and is the typical type of person whom fills these rolls.

But of course calling him a politician sounds better for his agenda.
no worries. But back to my OP, CDC was on the front lines, with protocols and agents on the scene, and they authorized that nurse to fly.

the point being that an admin czar ain't gonna fix that sort of shit, i.e., this is a political handwaving, a political appointment, so IMO vendzilla's wording is proper. not to mention all chief of staffs are political/politicians. this guy was the VP's former CoS, he's as political as they come.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #72
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
no worries. But back to my OP, CDC was on the front lines, with protocols and agents on the scene, and they authorized that nurse to fly.

the point being that an admin czar ain't gonna fix that sort of shit, i.e., this is a political handwaving, a political appointment, so IMO vendzilla's wording is proper. not to mention all chief of staffs are political/politicians. this guy was the VP's former CoS, he's as political as they come.
I suspect the czar isn't intended to fix that kind of thing. While I'm sure he will be putting pressure to get the CDC in check. I suspect that the idea behind having one guy in charge is to have a single point of control between the originations that might deal with Ebola if there were to be a bigger outbreak.

I think they are just trying to get their ducks inline as they acknowledge there has been a hiccup with these first cases and want to be prepared if it gets bigger.

As for this guy.. He's no more of a politician than a staffer or an aid. He's not an elected official he is someone whom was appointed. That's a bureaucrat and as I said that is the types of people whom are appointed to these positions..

It's not like he appointed a horse trainer to FEMA or something.. The guy is a manager and that's what the position calls for.. Do you think hospital directors are doctors?

Last edited by crockett; 10-18-2014 at 10:54 AM..
Old 10-18-2014, 10:59 AM   #73
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:

How is that working out?

No one could argue with the nomination? LOL. Look up Senate Confirmation Hearings.
Yep, we should have a surgeon general and he should be in charge of this overall. But even if we had one...I can't remember the last time they actually DID anything.

I'm starting to think that if the CDC can't do it's job, the NIH can't do it's job, and even when we have a surgeon general...they don't seem to do much, we aren't getting our money's worth out of that big pile of worthless political bureaucracy in Washington D.C.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:06 AM   #74
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
I suspect the czar isn't intended to fix that kind of thing. While I'm sure he will be putting pressure to get the CDC in check. I suspect that the idea behind having one guy in charge is to have a single point of control between the originations that might deal with Ebola if there were to be a bigger outbreak.

I think they are just trying to get their ducks inline as they acknowledge there has been a hiccup with these first cases and want to be prepared if it gets bigger.

As for this guy.. He's no more of a politician than a staffer or an aid. He's not an elected official he is someone whom was appointed. That's a bureaucrat and as I said that is the types of people whom are appointed to these positions..

It's not like he appointed a horse trainer to FEMA or something.. The guy is a manager and that's what the position calls for.. Do you think hospital directors are doctors?
while he isn't an elected official, a bureaucrat like him toes the party line, that to me is a politician/political figure- anyone who acts on behalf of their party instead of for the people. If anything comes up that would cast a negative light on the president, etc, he would be obligated to spin that around to deflect from the pres,etc. political.

no, I don't think hospital directors are doctors. Do you think infectious disease outbreak experts are administrators? The reason I ask is that this position doesn't strike me as similar to running a hospital daily. It's more like what happened in haiti after the earthquake, the cholera outbreak. Do you think a hospital director or former chief of white house VP staff was put in charge of that outbreak?
Old 10-18-2014, 11:09 AM   #75
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Yep, we should have a surgeon general and he should be in charge of this overall. But even if we had one...I can't remember the last time they actually DID anything.

I'm starting to think that if the CDC can't do it's job, the NIH can't do it's job, and even when we have a surgeon general...they don't seem to do much, we aren't getting our money's worth out of that big pile of worthless political bureaucracy in Washington D.C.
The people haven't gotten their money's worth in quite sometime, but big business has and that's all that matters these days.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #76
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
The people haven't gotten their money's worth in quite sometime, but big business has and that's all that matters these days.
I'm not sure what "big business" has to do with me trying to figure out just WHAT the surgeon general has ever done in any administration. lol

And the CDC and NIH...again, I'm not too sure how "big business" is getting anything out of them either (maybe Big Pharma is profiting?)
Old 10-18-2014, 11:18 AM   #77
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
while he isn't an elected official, a bureaucrat like him toes the party line, that to me is a politician/political figure- anyone who acts on behalf of their party instead of for the people. If anything comes up that would cast a negative light on the president, etc, he would be obligated to spin that around to deflect from the pres,etc. political.

no, I don't think hospital directors are doctors. Do you think infectious disease outbreak experts are administrators? The reason I ask is that this position doesn't strike me as similar to running a hospital daily. It's more like what happened in haiti after the earthquake, the cholera outbreak. Do you think a hospital director or former chief of white house VP staff was put in charge of that outbreak?
Let's be fair, this guy isn't going to be on the front lines if there were an outbreak. He's the administrative figure head for anything Ebola. It's not like he needs to know how to treat Ebola or how to give someone a shot.. He needs to know how to manage the people that do.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:18 AM   #78
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
i can't recall exactly, I'll have to snoop around but I remember when the SG role switched from actually doing shit to a figurehead role, maybe late 70s early 80s..............
Old 10-18-2014, 11:19 AM   #79
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
I'm not sure what "big business" has to do with me trying to figure out just WHAT the surgeon general has ever done in any administration. lol

And the CDC and NIH...again, I'm not too sure how "big business" is getting anything out of them either (maybe Big Pharma is profiting?)
I didn't say any then about the surgeon general.. I simply replied to what you said about the people not getting their money's worth..
Old 10-18-2014, 11:19 AM   #80
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
i can't recall exactly, I'll have to snoop around but I remember when the SG role switched from actually doing shit to a figurehead role, maybe late 70s early 80s..............
Then why do we keep that position?

Either drop it completely...or have Congress tell the next Surgeon General that he has to start working.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #81
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
Let's be fair, this guy isn't going to be on the front lines if there were an outbreak. He's the administrative figure head for anything Ebola. It's not like he needs to know how to treat Ebola or how to give someone a shot.. He needs to know how to manage the people that do.
as I mentioned to theking, we're debating rhetorical, I (we) know the job is a figurehead, no authority no cash etc, but if it did have those, I am arguing that is should be a person who is versed in infectious diseases and a shot caller, not a coordinator amongst departments.

but like vendzilla also pointed out, my point is primarily- why not tap someone who is a coordinator and has a background in medicine? this debate wouldn't even be happening if so.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #82
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Then why do we keep that position?

Either drop it completely...or have Congress tell the next Surgeon General that he has to start working.
I read this interesting OpEd about the DHS yesterday. Not pertaining to the Ebola situation, but the never-ending "position" situation.

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres...curity-2014-10

Old 10-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #83
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
I read this interesting OpEd about the DHS yesterday. Not pertaining to the Ebola situation, but the never-ending "position" situation.

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres...curity-2014-10
I've thought the DHS was a huge move by the govt.
They took advantage of the country being scared to create it.

It isn't like we didn't already have a CIA, an FBI, a few million cops, and a bloated military already.

No...we just weren't "safe". ~rolls eyes~

Now we have the damn govt. searching us like criminals, intercepting our emails/phone calls/text messages, etc. all in the name of "protecting" us.

Newsflash: If a crazy person wants to blow shit up...they WILL blow shit up. Nothing and nobody is going to stop them.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #84
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:

How is that working out?

Apples and Oranges, Obama Appointed this guy, it's done, no confirmations.

Just people bitching about it.

My point is, if he had any medical background and management background, that would be a better pick
think about that
Old 10-18-2014, 01:23 PM   #85
Jel
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
osama
obama
ebola

no-one else seeing the obvious connection here?
Jel is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #86
pornmasta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel View Post
osama
obama
ebola

no-one else seeing the obvious connection here?

now test this:
osama
obama
ebola

take the letter with the highest odds:
o-o-e, highest odds: o
s-b-b, highest odds: b
a-a-o, highest odds: a
m-m-l, highest odds: m
a-a-a, highest odds: a

I don't what it means, but it's a pot hmm i mean a plot

Last edited by pornmasta; 10-18-2014 at 01:33 PM..
pornmasta is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:47 PM   #87
Due
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
So being in charge of something you have no clue about is a good thing?

Head of the CDC is a doctor! Just saying it makes sense.
If this doctor that is the head of the CDC was doing a good job it wouldn't be needed to remove his authority on this subject and appoint someone else would it ?

The doctor tried and failed, now its time for the next in line.

Do you think Google should hire a programmer to be the CEO ?
Due is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #88
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
I don't understand our government... This is a huge problem on so many fronts and it needs to be solved.

It's not difficult. Make everything within ten miles of the board a militarized zone and shoot anything that moves. It's so simple it's stupid. Our military should be the ones protecting our border, and it's free training for them.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #89
cuck

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pornmasta View Post
now test this:
osama
obama
ebola

take the letter with the highest odds:
o-o-e, highest odds: o
s-b-b, highest odds: b
a-a-o, highest odds: a
m-m-l, highest odds: m
a-a-a, highest odds: a

I don't what it means, but it's a pot hmm i mean a plot
Well, that settles it. Obama wins.
420 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:31 PM   #90
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Due View Post
If this doctor that is the head of the CDC was doing a good job it wouldn't be needed to remove his authority on this subject and appoint someone else would it ?

The doctor tried and failed, now its time for the next in line.

Do you think Google should hire a programmer to be the CEO ?
So someone that's management of something medical escapes you?

Yes, Google should have someone that can program as the CEO, he can understand what's going on with out someone dumbing it up for him
think about that
Old 10-18-2014, 02:40 PM   #91
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
I don't understand our government... This is a huge problem on so many fronts and it needs to be solved.

It's not difficult. Make everything within ten miles of the board a militarized zone and shoot anything that moves. It's so simple it's stupid. Our military should be the ones protecting our border, and it's free training for them.
They do this in North Korea and still lots of people escape to South Korea and China each year. Added to this, do you really want us to be like NK?

The simple fact is, as long as there is a will, people will find a way. Perhaps the better idea to fix our illegal immigration problem, would be to help develop Mexico's economy and send our unwanted offshore jobs there rather than China..
Old 10-18-2014, 07:14 PM   #92
Due
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:

Yes, Google should have someone that can program as the CEO, he can understand what's going on with out someone dumbing it up for him
Don't you think it would be better if the CEO focused on executing the strategy rather than reviewing the actual code? I highly doubt the CEO of Google would ever ftp or ssh into any servers to see what's going on..

Your idea is good if you deal with small companies that has 2-3 layers in management but it really would not work once you deal with large corporations. 3 layers might even be pushing it...

The same concepts apply to this position, you need someone that can execute and delegate, not look at medical charts, they are not really relevant if you make decisions for millions of people at the time..
Due is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:10 PM   #93
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:

If Google had a programmer as CEO they surely wouldn't be where they are today. Programming is only one small part of what Google is. Google makes a lot of money from advertising, which programmers know nothing about it. Google has to market it's products, which programmers know nothing about. Google has legal departments, HR departments.

I have a cousin who works for the acquisition department of Intel. He buys entire companies. A programmer has no idea what company is going to produce income two years down the road, which is why programmers don't run companies.

This is what you don't understand. We need doctors to manage the hospitals and the local cases. But we need someone else to manage everything else. A doctor is not qualified to handle the State department, the FDA, and the FAA - and cannot handle the political aspect of all of the decisions this person will need to make.

Old 10-18-2014, 11:12 PM   #94
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
They do this in North Korea and still lots of people escape to South Korea and China each year. Added to this, do you really want us to be like NK?

The simple fact is, as long as there is a will, people will find a way. Perhaps the better idea to fix our illegal immigration problem, would be to help develop Mexico's economy and send our unwanted offshore jobs there rather than China..
There is a difference between keeping citizens in and keeping illegal aliens out.

Sure, they will always find a way in. But if you secure as much as you can eventually it will it unprofitable to try - and then they'll quit.

As for Mexico and fixing their problems.... That will never happen. The economy is one thing, but the drug cartels are another. I don't see this as changing in our lifetime. In fact, I worry that what is happening in Mexico will spread here.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:02 AM   #95
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Fyi peeps, the ceo of Google is a programmer. Larry page. Lolz
Old 10-19-2014, 08:19 AM   #96
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
I just did a review of several of the world's largest corps. Each and every one has a CEO with a background in their respective fields, oil and gas corps have engineers for CEOs, Walmart has an accountant as CEO, auto corps have engineers, banks have investment experts, etc, et al.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ies_by_revenue

not sure where some of y'all are coming up with the nonsense that it's better to have an admin coordinator at the helm instead of someone who truly understands the product or service.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:24 AM   #97
bronco67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Due View Post
Don't you think it would be better if the CEO focused on executing the strategy rather than reviewing the actual code? I highly doubt the CEO of Google would ever ftp or ssh into any servers to see what's going on..

Your idea is good if you deal with small companies that has 2-3 layers in management but it really would not work once you deal with large corporations. 3 layers might even be pushing it...

The same concepts apply to this position, you need someone that can execute and delegate, not look at medical charts, they are not really relevant if you make decisions for millions of people at the time..
I think the czar naysayers in this thread are more interested in bashing Obama's decision than they are in understanding the logic you just laid down.

The head of Boeing doesn't need to know how to fix or design a jet engine. It wouldn't hurt, but most jet engine geniuses might not be adept at overseeing a giant multinational corporation.

Last edited by bronco67; 10-19-2014 at 08:26 AM..
bronco67 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #98
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco67 View Post
I think the czar naysayers in this thread are more interested in bashing Obama's decision than they are in understanding the logic you just laid down.

The head of Boeing doesn't need to know how to fix or design a jet engine. It wouldn't hurt, but most jet engine geniuses might not be adept at overseeing a giant multinational corporation.
th eproblem is the logic is lacking. A CEO doesn't make decisions based on layers of employees. A CEO runs a company making decisions based on core competencies of the business model. Operating officers, etc, worry about layers of employees.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #99
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco67 View Post

Look at the backgrounds of the two, they don't compare, not even close, the CEO of Boeing is much better suited to be the czar
think about that
Old 10-19-2014, 05:23 PM   #100
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Fyi peeps, the ceo of Google is a programmer. Larry page. Lolz
Yeah, I know, I looked it up after I posted.
think about that
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >