Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Post traffic trades or gallery requests here.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:25 PM | reply   #1
mystickcal

Tumblr Train - Follow Me, Will Follow Back

Hey guys, so I've heard a lot of people mention setting up Tumblr blogs for adult content to help grow and increase traffic. Also I was looking through the traffic trades forum and saw a user had started a Twitter Train but didn't see a thread for Tumblr so thought maybe we could start one of those up also.

My Tumblr is kinkyvenue.tumblr.com

Give me a follow and I'll follow back.

If a thread like this already exists my bad, I used the search feature and everything but couldn't find it. :/
Old 03-25-2014, 05:17 PM   #2
themason698
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
ok done added, please add mine too http://reparoka78.tumblr.com
themason698 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:34 PM   #3
mystickcal

Industry Role:
Done, added ya back.
mystickcal is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:01 PM   #4
themason698
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystickcal View Post
Done, added ya back.
thanks,

some you can add too.

Asian Girl X Tumblr
themason698 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:51 PM   #5
oppoten
NAME THE JEW

Industry Role:
Hey guys, the reason there's no "tumblr train" is because many people don't want to post their URLs here, in case they get banned by tumblr.

If you're not posting affiliate content on your tumblr then you might be ok, but be careful
oppoten is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:22 PM   #6
mystickcal

Industry Role:
Ah okay, did not know it was against TOS, however, I don't post any affiliate stuff on mine, just using it to drive traffic to my own websites.

So yes, if you're using affiliate stuff you may not want to post it xD Thanks for letting us know, as I said I'm knew to using Tumblr as a traffic source.
mystickcal is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:33 PM   #7
karolinaboy
Pimping ain't easy.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oppoten View Post
Hey guys, the reason there's no "tumblr train" is because many people don't want to post their URLs here, in case they get banned by tumblr.

If you're not posting affiliate content on your tumblr then you might be ok, but be careful
Do they ban blogs that have affiliate links?
karolinaboy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:49 PM   #8
oppoten
NAME THE JEW

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by karolinaboy View Post
Do they ban blogs that have affiliate links?
Yes they do.

I've seen some blogs with affiliate links on, but I'm not sure how long they survive.
oppoten is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #9
mystickcal

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oppoten View Post
Yes they do.

I've seen some blogs with affiliate links on, but I'm not sure how long they survive.
So I know this is getting a little offtopic from the original post now, but if you don't mind answering another question. So how best is a tumblr used in the adult industry? Is it best used to simply drive traffic to your adult websites? I mean that's my plan with my tumblr's but just want to make sure that's the best use of the traffic.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:46 AM   #10
oppoten
NAME THE JEW

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystickcal View Post
So I know this is getting a little offtopic from the original post now, but if you don't mind answering another question. So how best is a tumblr used in the adult industry? Is it best used to simply drive traffic to your adult websites? I mean that's my plan with my tumblr's but just want to make sure that's the best use of the traffic.
I use it to drive traffic to my own sites, but some of my accounts still do get banned even though I don't put affiliate links on them.

Someone made a thread recently suggesting that adult Tumblrs are reviewed and banned when you reach 5k followers. I think this may be true, because my most recent banning happened when I hit 5k. However, I've had others that slip through the net, and I've seen many adult blogs build a really large following. So right now I'm trying different things out to see what works.

The thing to remember is that it's a heavily moderated and controlled environment, with probably a lot of flagging up by users. Also they "celebrate creativity", so be creative! If you post quality content that users will like and reblog, then you will at least be able to build up a following of a few thousand. Good luck!
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >