Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
The place for sellers and buyers to get together. Sell and buy work, sigs, designs, traffic, gallery spots, cars, whatever. Buyer beware, GFY is not responsible for bad deals.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
garett
Confirmed User

Wanted: Web Designer

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE CONTACTING ME
Otherwise you're wasting both of our time

I have a web-site that is finished but the design needs help. In other words, the functionality is complete, and you will be pointed to a live web-site to use. Your job will be to design a user-interface for that site that is aesthetically pleasing but more importantly extremely easy to use and navigate.

What I am looking for.

Someone who:
  • Understands usability and user-interface design
  • The importance of layout and flow, and how users scan pages. Where to put important content, what's important, what's not
  • Understands the role that typography and fonts play with regards to usability
  • Someone who actually understands well-structured HTML and CSS, and how javascript interracts with them. Avoids using code-generating programs like frontpage or photoshop (note: you will not be expected to do any Javascript, just make well-formed mark-up that the site's javascript can easily interract with)
  • It is crucial that you understand how to maintain a strict separation between mark-up (content structure via HTML) and style (colours, fonts, typography, spacing, layout, positioning via CSS)
  • Someone who wants to and can get out of the "adult market" head-space and do something different

What I am not looking for:
  • A photo-shop guru
  • Someone who is good at making things look pretty or impressive but hasn't the slightest clue when it comes to user-interface design
  • Someone who has designed 80 million cookie cutter TGP sites and is "too" stuck in that mold

I am looking for a user-interface designer with simple artistic tastes, not an artist with a little bit of UI knowledge.

If you can meet my requirements, and you have a portfolio that can prove it, and not just "fancy" graphic-intensive headers and stuff then send an e-mail to:

garett - at - coedcherry ( dot ) com

Include your portfolio, including non-adult stuff you've done, and a little bit of text to confirm that you've read my requirements and understand what I'm looking for.