Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:25 AM   #51
Scott McD
Too lazy to set a custom title

Fiddy !!

I Buy My High Quality Traffic Here, You Should Too!

Last edited by Scott McD; 04-16-2014 at 09:27 AM..
Scott McD is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:27 AM   #52
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
You could always sit in the dark...or move to WV where they strip mine the entire sides of moutians in search of coal. That tends to make a lovely view.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:30 AM   #53
MrBottomTooth
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
You could always sit in the dark...or move to WV where they strip mine the entire sides of moutians in search of coal. That tends to make a lovely view.
Most people around here are sitting in the dark already because no one wants to use any electricity.
MrBottomTooth is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #54
Penny24Seven
So Fucking What

Industry Role:
I didn't think people were serious at first with what they were posting. They do not come close to comparing when you look at the bad side of having them and what oil does and has done
Old 04-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #55
MrBottomTooth
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian837 View Post
I didn't think people were serious at first with what they were posting. They do not come close to comparing when you look at the bad side of having them and what oil does and has done
Very easy to say when you are not living in an area that has been affected first hand by their economic repercussions. Go get your last electric bill and double it and see how you like that. Now imagine you are operating a business that relies heavily on electricity to function. What do you do when you are operating in Ontario, that now has the HIGHEST INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICITY RATE in all of North America? You move somewhere else, and take all your jobs with you.
MrBottomTooth is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #56
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBottomTooth View Post
Very easy to say when you are not living in an area that has been affected first hand by their economic repercussions. Go get your last electric bill and double it and see how you like that. Now imagine you are operating a business that relies heavily on electricity to function. What do you do when you are operating in Ontario, that now has the HIGHEST INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICITY RATE in all of North America? You move somewhere else, and take all your jobs with you.
Send them to North Dakota!

Sell me your: Paysites and Hosting Company. Buy my: Aged Domains and Sites
Sly is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #57
JA$ON
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
It has to be subsidized, and it is very good that it is. New technologies and companies that provide them deserve subsidies.

Oil, Gas and Coal however, do not deserve subsidies. They are the most profitable industry ever and yet still lobby governments for tax breaks and cash. Fuck them. Solar, Wind and other renewable energy deserves attention, not these fuckers.
NOTHING deserves a subsidy (IMO) If you can't stay in business without a handout (corn farming, US Sugar producers, wind etc) then you are in the wrong business. The ONLY way that wind, Solar etc etc will ever become a viable part of our long term energy strategy is if the technology is also profitable for the companies developing it. Top companies continue to work and make strides and at some point, clean green energy will be a profitable venture. Thats a win win, and its at that point it will take off and not a minute before. History shows this to be the pattern again and again and again.

I am 100% for developing clean efficient green energy, but I think the cost of developing it should be taken on by the companies that will secure the patents and ultimately make a real business out of it. Giving oversized, moronic subsidies does noting but SLOW innovation.....Why spend time and $ working to develop real, viable, cost effective green energy when I can just chug along at half speed and get a whopping check from tax payers? My profit is guaranteed. Not a lot of incentive left to innovate.

man, that was quite a rant, LOL
JA$ON is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:15 PM   #58
adultchatpay
Let's Make Money

Industry Role:
Now, that is energy effecient!
adultchatpay is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:06 PM   #59
iwantchixx

Industry Role:
Would yo rather that or nuclear meltdowns, river dams or hydrofracking in your backyard?

Cant have it all, man.
iwantchixx is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:16 PM   #60
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Quote:
You're so clueless it's making my head spin like a wind turbine. They cannot store the excess power.
Who's clueless? Excess energy, regardless of the source, can be stored in BATTERIES as well as other methods such as flywheels. I'm sure you've heard of Smart Grid technology? Wind Farms generate most of their energy at night, which also happens to be when energy is used the least. To be efficient, wind energy is stored and then distributed the next day to help balance the load. Companies like Beacon Power in Massachusetts are already doing this. They use hundreds of flywheels to store up to 20 Megawatts of electricity. http://www.beaconpower.com

Quote:
In fact, they have started paying wind turbine owners to NOT produce energy at certain times. I wish I could find a job like that. Pay me to sit at home and do nothing.
If you're going to say things like this, at least say the entire thing. Ontario is paying some turbine owners not to produce electricity, at certain times of the day, because Ontario has a SURPLUS of energy and has had it since 2006. Because they have a surplus this makes them very self sufficient, which saves them over $200 Million a year. Would you like it if your state didn't have to buy electricity from elsewhere? Especially from a coal belching power plant?

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:22 PM   #61
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantchixx View Post
Would yo rather that or nuclear meltdowns, river dams or hydrofracking in your backyard?

Cant have it all, man.
River dams. Though they still have a big impact on the environment, it's probably the least problematic of the 3.

Hrydracking is killing animals, so says Cornell University:

Quote:
A new report has found dozens of cases of illness, death and reproductive issues in cows, horses, goats, llamas, chickens, dogs, cats, fish and other wildlife, and humans. It says these conditions could be the result of exposure to gas drilling operations.

//

In Louisiana, 17 cows died within an hour of direct exposure to hydraulic fracturing fluid. A necropsy report listed respiratory failure with circulatory collapse as the most likely cause of death.

A farmer separated his herd of cows into two groups: 60 were in a pasture with a creek where hydrofracking wastewater was allegedly dumped; 36 were in separate fields without creek access. Of the 60 cows exposed to the creek water, 21 died and 16 failed to produce calves the following spring. None of the 36 cows in separated fields had health problems, though one cow failed to breed in the spring.

Another farmer reported that 140 of his cows were exposed to hydrofracking fluid when wastewater impoundment was allegedly slit, and the fluid drained into a pasture and a pond. "These farmers saw workers slitting the liner to decrease the amount of liquid in the impoundment in order to refill it," said Bamberger. "We have heard it now on several occasions." Of the 140 cows, about 70 died, and there were high incidences of stillborn and stunted calves.
http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/...posed-fracking

And of course there's also all the methane that is released into the air by tracking, and all the gas & oil based transport it takes to move it, refine it, etc.

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #62
Si
Such Fun!

Industry Role:
Allow me to interject my new life philosophy upon you wee pricks.

The only things you need in life are:

1. Food.
2. Water.
3. Shelter.

All 3 are easily attainable by natural means, you don't need to slave away to earn enough money to buy that 5000 Sq Ft house with a pool, you just need enough land to grow some food, filter some water, and build a shelter and maintain it.

You don't need nothing else. Put your laptop down next time you feel the need to moan (like everyone does at some point or another on this hell hole of a place) and save some energy, take a deep breath and figure out how to better your life through simple methods.

If you sense any irony in my post, keep it to yourself, I haven't posted here for a long time because I've been busy sorting myself out and my attitude may come across as alien to those who remember me.

Something needed to be said.
Si is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:07 PM   #63
ErectMedia
Confirmed Chicago Pimp

Industry Role:
Those are crazy to see on the highway when their rolling on a truck. Big Mofo's
ErectMedia is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:06 AM   #64
MrBottomTooth
Confirmed User

Quote:
Who's clueless? Excess energy, regardless of the source, can be stored in BATTERIES as well as other methods such as flywheels. I'm sure you've heard of Smart Grid technology? Wind Farms generate most of their energy at night, which also happens to be when energy is used the least. To be efficient, wind energy is stored and then distributed the next day to help balance the load. Companies like Beacon Power in Massachusetts are already doing this. They use hundreds of flywheels to store up to 20 Megawatts of electricity. http://www.beaconpower.com
Obviously you are clueless.

http://www.canadiangeographic.ca/blo...ing.asp?ID=881

Quote:
Brandy Giannetta, the Ontario regional director at the Canadian Wind Energy Association, says the province doesn?t currently have a system in place for storing electricity from wind power.
Where is this big bank of batteries in Ontario? Do you think our government would be PAYING another country to take our excess electricity if they were able to store it? We're not talking about what some hippy built in his back yard with a shed full of car batteries here. Our power grid in Ontario currently has no way to store excess power which is why it has to be sold for a measly 2.5 cents per kw to other provinces, or who have to be paid to take it. Then those provinces end up selling it for 5 cents to someone else. Works out great for Ontario doesn't it?

Quote:

If you're going to say things like this, at least say the entire thing. Ontario is paying some turbine owners not to produce electricity, at certain times of the day, because Ontario has a SURPLUS of energy and has had it since 2006. Because they have a surplus this makes them very self sufficient, which saves them over $200 Million a year. Would you like it if your state didn't have to buy electricity from elsewhere? Especially from a coal belching power plant?
LOL at this saving us $200 million a year. The only reason it saves money to pay them not to generate electricity (which they wouldn't have to do at all if they could store it like you said) is because they initially agreed to pay these wind farm and solar owners 8 times the market value of hydro. They quickly realized this was unsustainable and had to adjust the rates, and yet we are still left with one of the highest electricity rates in Canada and the highest industrial electricity rate in all of North America. This is obviously saving no one money. It's like saying you are saving money by only using $20 bills to light your cigars instead of hundreds.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:20 AM   #65
Scott McD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si View Post

1. Food.
2. Water.
3. Shelter.
4. GFY shirt

I Buy My High Quality Traffic Here, You Should Too!

Scott McD is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:27 AM   #66
BlackCrayon

there is also the issue of stray voltage

http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/features/extra-stories

Quote:
Then the wind farms came in to Bruce County. And Dave Colling's phone hasn't stopped ringing since?and they aren't calls about livestock. They are from people desperate to find out why they have severe headaches and nausea, not just when they spend time in their barns, but when they're in their houses, too.

"The people affected by stray voltage, they become very weepy. It does dramatic things to them. Until you see it, it's hard to believe."

Headaches, insomnia, shocks and children throwing up several times a day. Colling has seen it all and he's positive it comes back to the wind turbines and how they are wired into the electrical system. There has been even less research done onstray voltage from wind turbines than on the noise issues. Colling isn't an engineer, doesn't have years of lab and fieldwork behind him. He's not in a position to write a paper about turbines and stray voltage and have it peer reviewed. But he knows what he's seen. And he doesn't like it.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:47 AM   #67
BlackCrayon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCrayon View Post
there is also the issue of stray voltage

http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/features/extra-stories
oh yeah, and dave was actually killed by stray voltage last year...

Quote:
David Carrick Colling, December 8, 1956 - October 29, 2013

A tragic death has occurred in Ontario. David Colling was conducting an assessment of ground current (stray voltage) at a farm near to Port Perry, Ontario, on Thursday October 24th. He went to check around the farm transformer and soon after, was found unconscious. He had been electrocuted. He was airlifted to Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto but died on Tuesday 29th October.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:13 AM   #68
Paul
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Si View Post
Allow me to interject my new life philosophy upon you wee pricks.

1. Food.
2. Water.
3. Shelter.

All 3 are easily attainable by natural means, you don't need to slave away to earn enough money to buy that 5000 Sq Ft house with a pool, you just need enough land to grow some food, filter some water, and build a shelter and maintain it.

You don't need nothing else. Put your laptop down next time you feel the need to moan (like everyone does at some point or another on this hell hole of a place) and save some energy, take a deep breath and figure out how to better your life through simple methods.

If you sense any irony in my post, keep it to yourself, I haven't posted here for a long time because I've been busy sorting myself out and my attitude may come across as alien to those who remember me.

Something needed to be said.
Hold on a second fella... Your line of thought is extremely dangerous because if you own your home i.e. mortgage free, generate your own power/heating through solar, wind and geothermal energy and grow your own organic food through an aquaponics setup you'd end up with no stress in your life and could easily retire before you're 40!

What kind of life would that be!
Paul is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >