Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:20 AM   #1
KillerK
Confirmed User

iphone 6 fail

Well the iphone 6 plus is a fail. Record number of them are being returned.

Idiots thought it would be awesome only to find out it is too big.

The regular 6 is selling like hotcakes though.
KillerK is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:21 AM   #2
Harmon
( ͡ʘ╭͜ʖ╮͡ʘ)

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerK View Post
Well the iphone 6 plus is a fail. Record number of them are being returned.

Idiots thought it would be awesome only to find out it is too big.

The regular 6 is selling like hotcakes though.
Thanks for your Facebook post. We can hardly wait for your next one.
Harmon is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:31 AM   #3
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
The only fail for me as been letting mine fall out of my pocket when I crouched down to put my camera away.

It fell from a foot and cracked the glass.

Spend you some brain.
Email Me
candyflip is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:37 AM   #4
CIVMatt
Amateur Pimpin

Industry Role:
Oh grow up
Old 09-22-2014, 09:00 AM   #5
mineistaken
See signature :)

Industry Role:
Why did you put this title up when you say the exact opposite in your post?
mineistaken is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:23 AM   #6
cosis
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I got the regular 6 and it's almost to big.
cosis is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #7
MiamiBoyz
fgfdftre6

Industry Role:
Can we talk...

There was a time long ago when cell phones where HUGE...so everyone was rushing to make them smaller and more portable (the whole idea behind a mobile phone).

Then some marketing asshole thought ok...so now let's convince assholes with too much money and not enough brains that they need bigger phones!

Well, looks like the assholes took the bait and will even wait in line to get fucked up the ass.

Have a nice day and gfy!
MiamiBoyz is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #8
seeandsee
Check SIG!

Industry Role:
4.5 " is right size for ONE HAND, all over is just too big...

Contact here
seeandsee is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #9
_Richard_
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
starting to enjoy all the 'i broke my iphone 6 screen already'
Old 09-22-2014, 02:46 PM   #10
SBJ
So Fucking Fabulous

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeandsee View Post
I have a 4.7" android and it fits fine in my jeans. My sister has a 5" and it also fits in my jeans fine. My bro inlaw has a 5.5" samsung Note and that thing is too big to fit in jeans..

I personally think anything over 5" is pointless as a phone and seems to be people that have small other things.. My penis isn't 5.5" but my phone is..
SBJ is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #11
Dead
They left the door open

Industry Role:
Dead is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #12
Dead
They left the door open

Industry Role:
Dead is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #13
vdbucks
Monger Cash

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeandsee View Post
Too small for my hands, especially when typing. My Xperia Z2 is the perfect size for my big ass hands (5.2"), and fits perfectly fine in my back pocket.
vdbucks is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #14
brentbacardi
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I can fit 9" in my pants just fine. Why wouldn't I be able to fit the iphone6 +?
Old 09-22-2014, 09:04 PM   #15
VamosNicholas
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBoyz View Post
Can we talk...

There was a time long ago when cell phones where HUGE...so everyone was rushing to make them smaller and more portable (the whole idea behind a mobile phone).

Then some marketing asshole thought ok...so now let's convince assholes with too much money and not enough brains that they need bigger phones!

Well, looks like the assholes took the bait and will even wait in line to get fucked up the ass.

Have a nice day and gfy!
Because the phones of yesteryear and the smartphones of today are both designed with the sole purpose of making phonecalls... Some people like the larger screens for browsing the net, watching videos, playing games, or viewing documents for work, whatever. Nobody is getting convinced to buy these phones with larger screens. If you want one, you buy one. But I guess that doesn't really apply to the Apple sheeple who just buy whatever Apple decides to put out.
VamosNicholas is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:34 PM   #16
RyuLion

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosis View Post
I got the regular 6 and it's almost to big.
That's what she said..
Old 09-22-2014, 09:38 PM   #17
ErectMedia
Confirmed Chicago Pimp

Industry Role:
I'll probably just get the 6. All I really do is talk, text, emails. Do surf a little but I save the movies and shit for big screen at home so no need for monster screen.
ErectMedia is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:31 AM   #18
MPGdevil
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
MPGdevil is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:38 AM   #19
MPGdevil
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
MPGdevil is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:54 AM   #20
tony286
lurker

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosNicholas View Post
Because the phones of yesteryear and the smartphones of today are both designed with the sole purpose of making phonecalls... Some people like the larger screens for browsing the net, watching videos, playing games, or viewing documents for work, whatever. Nobody is getting convinced to buy these phones with larger screens. If you want one, you buy one. But I guess that doesn't really apply to the Apple sheeple who just buy whatever Apple decides to put out.
Exactly, calls is the least thing I do on my phone now. Since I got my note 2 I couldn't go back to a smaller phone.
tony286 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:07 AM   #21
_Richard_

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPGdevil View Post
Old 09-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #22
_Richard_

Industry Role:
http://gizmodo.com/iphone-plus-owner...sit-1638115760

'Some iPhone Plus Owners Report Bending Phones Just From Sitting Down'
Old 09-23-2014, 10:09 AM   #23
hottoddy
Confirmed User

Too thin and flexible for it's length? Needs better frame materials? Even regular pocket pressure can be substantial. Apple will probably say, 'Sorry for our crappy build, buy a decent case to solve the problem!" like antenna gate with the iPhone 4.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #24
MPGdevil
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Richard_ View Post

iPhone 6 - the most flexible phone on the market.

iFlex only real innovation from Apple this year. Oh wait, Samsung already have curved tv's
Old 09-23-2014, 01:48 PM   #25
_Richard_

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPGdevil View Post

iPhone 6 - the most flexible phone on the market.

iFlex only real innovation from Apple this year. Oh wait, Samsung already have curved tv's

and since 'reports' are so vague, here is one guy showing you how easy it is to bend:

http://gizmodo.com/and-heres-a-guy-b...are-1638267139
Old 09-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #26
Sid70
Downshifter

Industry Role:
Quote:

Old 09-23-2014, 02:09 PM   #27
_Richard_

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid70 View Post
it's the new 'adaptive angle' feature

Old 09-23-2014, 02:13 PM   #28
Sid70
Downshifter

Industry Role:
They fucked it. Totally. WTF? LOL.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #29
VSKevin
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with a 5.7 inch screen and I absolutely LOVE it.

How the fuck does Apple make the iPhone 6 Plus a larger phone than mine with a smaller screen size?! 5.5 inch screen and bendable? Go fuck yourself Apple.

Email: kevin[at]flirt4free[dot]com

VSKevin is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #30
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Apple fanboys aren't even done fapping about their new phones and now this.

I thought my phone was too big when I first got it, but I quickly got used to it. But the truth is our phones these days are no longer phones but personal communication devices and entertainment. I am at TES in Prague and did not receive a single call today, but instead sent out dozens of texts, messages, and emails using my phone.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #31
Marcus Aurelius
No Refunds Issued.

Industry Role:
Quote:

and since 'reports' are so vague, here is one guy showing you how easy it is to bend:

http://gizmodo.com/and-heres-a-guy-b...are-1638267139
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 05:57 PM   #32
PaperstreetWinston
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post
Thanks for your Facebook post. We can hardly wait for your next one.
LOLOLOL

Email: [email protected]
PaperstreetWinston is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:07 AM   #33
MPGdevil
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Apple: "Don't put your iPhone in the wrong pocket"
Old 09-24-2014, 12:26 AM   #34
Sid70
Downshifter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
Old 09-24-2014, 01:27 AM   #35
Matyko
PsyHead

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid70 View Post
Old 09-24-2014, 04:02 AM   #36
MPGdevil
Confirmed User

Industry Role:

Last edited by MPGdevil; 09-24-2014 at 04:04 AM..
Old 09-24-2014, 05:09 AM   #37
Norbi_LA

Industry Role:
I used to have iPhones for the past 5 years, was completely satisfied with them but a few months ago the latest one got stolen, so I figured I'd give a bigger Android phone a try and got the Galaxy S5.

Sometimes it's a bit too big but I enjoy it in general, it fits almost all my pockets, and quite frankly the 2 platforms have stolen so much from each other, it was a breeze to get used to it.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:41 AM   #38
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Let's be honest here. Calling iPhones and other modern smartphones "Phones" is no longer accurate. They are computers. Not only that, but they are battery powered computers, with super fast CPU's, lots of Ram, tons of storage, HD or better displays that perfectly track multiple fingers at once, with GPS's, Compasses, Motion sensors, WiFi, BlueTooth, Celluar, Atomic Quantum Xray Laser blasters and other amazing technology, that fits neatly in your pocket. Your pocket!!

Next, consider how much time you spend actually talking on your smartphone vs everything else you do with it. Look around, and everyone is spending all of their time looking at their phone's screen, reading, watching and touching, but hardly ever talking into it.

As developers and webmasters who are always looking for new business, these pocket computers with newer, larger screens should be welcomed. Your jobs just got a little easier.

On a related note, the whole Apple Sheeple thing is funny, but ultimately falls flat because Non-Apple users complaining about Apple and Apple products have invalid arguments. I switched from PC to Mac, and from Motorola to iPhone, and have so far been happy with my decision. And since I have used both products, my opinion about both counts a tiny bit. I have not used Android so I can't say if I like it or not so therefore can't complain about it. It certainly looks slick and seems great, but its not enough to make me want to switch.

If you dismiss all Apple buyers as "Hipsters" (really? me?) or "Sheeples", the I put it to you that you are doing yourself a disservice. Apple has tremendous brand loyalty. Instead of trashing Apple users, try to find out how they earned that loyalty. You may have subscribers to your sites that are about to cancel for whatever reason. Is there anything that can be learned from Apple that you can apply to your sites or business?

Peace.

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:01 AM   #39
Ross
Ik ben een aap

Industry Role:
Quote:

If you are the kind of person who puts your phone in your back pocket and sits on it then you deserve it to bend or break. Who the hell puts their phone in their back pocket and sits on it?
Ross is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:26 AM   #40
Captain Kawaii
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
If you are the kind of person who puts your phone in your back pocket and sits on it then you deserve it to bend or break. Who the hell puts their phone in their back pocket and sits on it?
Millions of dumb Japanese I guess. Saw a bunch of posts today warning people to be careful because they warp, break and eventually sto p wor k i n ...........
Captain Kawaii is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:02 AM   #41
vdbucks
Monger Cash

Industry Role:
Quote:
Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Sony Xperia Z2...

I've been putting my phones in my back pocket (and sitting on them) for as long as I can remember (don't recall what phone I had before the S2 so started with it) and have yet to ever have one break, warp, bend or otherwise...
vdbucks is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:34 AM   #42
_Richard_

Industry Role:
Quote:
video in here of a guy being able to do it easily with his bare hands...
Old 09-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #43
Ross
Ik ben een aap

Industry Role:
Quote:
video in here of a guy being able to do it easily with his bare hands...
I can bend all my credit cards with my bare hands too but I don't because I enjoy using them to buy nice things. This is only an issue because it's an Apple phone, if it was a Google phone then it would be all about common sense and not putting it in your back pocket.
Ross is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:14 AM   #44
SBJ
So Fucking Fabulous

Industry Role:
Quote:
I can bend all my credit cards with my bare hands too but I don't because I enjoy using them to buy nice things. This is only an issue because it's an Apple phone, if it was a Google phone then it would be all about common sense and not putting it in your back pocket.

The Apple/ iSeople answer to whenever a flaw in a apple product.. You must be using it wrong cause.. it just works.

Last edited by SBJ; 09-24-2014 at 09:16 AM..
SBJ is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:16 AM   #45
_Richard_

Industry Role:
Quote:
i can bend french fries
Old 09-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #46
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
I would hate to be a smartphone engineer. Think about it.

You've got to make a phone that's thin and sexy to appeal to the public, but has to fit all of the electronics in it. The thinner an item is, the easier it is to bend. You could add support here and there, but this adds weight and takes up space necessary for its various components.

You put it all together and test it to see that it won't bend with W number of pounds on pressed against its XYZ midpoint. Is that enough? No because the boss wants it to be even stronger? Ok let's make it stronger. Ooops! Too thick! Lets use a different materials. Whoops! Too heavy - the sales team pissed pissed now.

Try this other new Material. Great! Pretty bend proof now but Hey! The signal waveform is all messed up. Let's go back to material ABC. Dammit! ABC is in short supply / too expensive / causes allergic reactions / is made from dead fetuses. Whatever.

Sorry KillerK OP : There is nothing "fail" about the iPhone 6 as you posted. According to Forbes, Apple sold over 10 Million units in the first 3 days of its release.. There is nothing fail about that.

Peace.

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #47
_Richard_

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
is made from dead fetuses. Whatever.

Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >