Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
sarettah
l8r

Industry Role:
M3server - You guys still ROCK !! Thanks

So, it is Labor Day, a holiday here in the states and I would not expecting anyone to be working.

I had been fighting with support from a company where I had a small shared account. Starting sometime yesterday morning all the mysql stuff on my site began to drag really bad. I contacted them about it around noon and they finally got something changed so things started working properly around 6pm. While doing this they screwed up my cron and then explained to me how to fix it, which I did not appreciate much. So, went to bed last night with things running smoothly. They then explained to me that it is perfectly reasonable for operations to take 2 or 3 minutes when they used to take only 2 seconds because I am handling a "large amount of records" (1000-3000 records per load, loaded once every 5 minutes. I didn't think that that is overly huge as I regularly deal with databases with billions of records in them that still respond efficiently.)

Then around 9 this morning I start getting error messages because a key db update that runs periodically was failing. I went in to look and once again MYSQL was hosed up pretty good. Queries that should have run in 2 seconds were taking 10 minutes.

I escalated the problem to the hosts quality team and proceeded ot see them once again screw up the cron and then just make a total mess of shit.

So, I decided that the site is making enough money to warrant it's own box where I don't have to worry about what other users are doing and having to spend 6 gours at a pop going back and forth with support,

I hit up M3 around 1:30 or so, asked them what kind of deal I could get. They told me, I said go and I was up and running on their high end vps around an hour and a half later. DNS rollover took fucking longer then the switch. Site seems to be running along just fine and queries that usually only take a second or 2 are once again just taking a second or 2. Life is good. And don't forget, this was on Labor Day, a holiday.

So once again Travis, Chris, Danny, Ryan and whoever else I am missing in there. Thank you. Looking forward to another 10 years (or how ever many it's been..lol)

Last edited by sarettah; 09-01-2014 at 02:08 PM..
sarettah is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #2
sarettah
l8r

Industry Role:
Fuck, If I'm gonna rave about them I ought to at least give them a link

http://www.m3server.com/

Tell them I sent ya ;p

(they will run)

sarettah is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:21 AM   #3
dantheman
OG

Industry Role:
Thanks for the kind words sarettah, you have been a client for many years and we look forward to many more
since 1996
icq-25135623
dannyh at~m3server DOT com
dantheman is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >