Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #1
dicknipples
Formerly known as Lensman

Industry Role:
:mad Do you dislike Apple?

This always made me curious, why do people rage so hard about another using Apple products?

Does it hurt you that I use an iPhone or a Mac?

Did you pay for either of them?

Then why do you get so bent out of shape over it?

Who cares what computer or phone someone else uses?

Why not just use what you want and be happy?

I'm high as fuck right now.
dicknipples is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
mineistaken
See signature :)

Industry Role:
Since you directed me to this thread:

I LIKE apple for how they marker and grow their army of sheeple robots who buy their same phone every year, even though they use it the same way as they would use the older model. I admire the great marketing of apple company, great business entity.

As for the fanboys - I do not rage, I just laugh and find it stupid to overpay for a logo (oh, yes and "superior" OS). It is just amusing. No rage from me (again, not sure why I was directed here as this does not apply to me ).

Hope my answer is good enough.
mineistaken is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #3
dicknipples

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mineistaken View Post
I LIKE apple for how they marker and grow their army of sheeple robots who buy their same phone every year, even though they use it the same way as they would use the older model. I admire the great marketing of apple company, great business entity.
They don't though. Do not blame Apple for the stupidity of people. Apple actually has a release cycle for a purpose. For example. The iPhone 4 came out, then a year later, the iPhone 4S, then a year later, iPhone 5, year later, 5S, year later, 6.. Notice a pattern? Their release pattern and tech is aligned for US carrier contracts. They do it that way so people who got a 4 can get a 5 when their 2 year contract is up at a good rate instead of paying for the phone outright. Then when their 2 year renewal is up again, they get the 6.

Not Apple's fault dumbfucks feel the need of getting EVERY release.
dicknipples is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:34 PM   #4
cuck

Industry Role:
420 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:02 PM   #5
ErectMedia
Confirmed Chicago Pimp

Industry Role:
Ran Androids years ago, called my apple friends gay, said fuck it and bought a 4S to try it, skipped the 5 and upgraded to the 5S, gonna upgrade the 5S to the 6 or 6+ soon, currently use a 4S, 5S and an Android phone. So I was an Android guy and flipped to Apple starting at the 4S point just to see what the fuss was about and actually prefer Apple now, shit runs smooth and doesn't crash.

The hater's opinions that have never used one don't hold much weight. Kinda like saying a girl sucks at blowjobs when your cock has never been in her mouth. The argument on price just means they have to watch their dollars where I can toss $$$ without a second thought as studies have proven that iPhone users are higher class and have more disposable income.
ErectMedia is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:36 PM   #6
Yngwie
I am an Alien from space

Industry Role:
I don't care what people use. Whether it apple, android or whatever it doesn't make anyone better. We all have options and the freedom to make our own choices so we use what we want/like.
Yngwie is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:25 AM   #7
Klen

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yngwie View Post
I don't care what people use. Whether it apple, android or whatever it doesn't make anyone better. We all have options and the freedom to make our own choices so we use what we want/like.
Me too.It simply not worth time.

Inquiries which are not related to administration or advertising on GFY wont be processed.
Klen is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:44 AM   #8
Joshua G
dumb libs love censorship

Industry Role:
i hate apple because the founder was a narcissist & so its entire culture & image & marketing is narcissist. Look at the new headquarters they are building.

but nowadays i love apple because they are morphing into spinal tap right in front of our eyes.

Spoiled apple customers, who preach nonstop about apple reliability, are being subjected to crappy maps, hacks of their iclouds, an OS update that doesnt work, & best of all, a phone that bends.

Joshua G is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:21 AM   #9
pimpmaster9000
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
"apple just works and never crashes" well neither do my peice of shit android and win phones
pimpmaster9000 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:09 AM   #10
AdultKing
Raise Your Weapon

Industry Role:
I use Apple computers because I get a great OS that is a real UNIX operating system that I can fire up Terminal on and run real UNIX commands to do all sorts of neat stuff.

From a pure geek perspective, what is there not to love about OS X ?

On windows to use ssh you need to install Putty which doesn't implement all VT100 commands properly and sucks to use.

If I need a custom app for my Mac I can very quickly prototype then compile using Xcode.

The OS is inherently secure whereas Windows machines are targeted by thousands of pieces of Malware.

OS X Rocks. It is a superior OS to Windows on so many levels and there is far more software available for it.
AdultKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:09 AM   #11
Manfap
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
They take the piss with EU pricing bigtime, and their tax avoidance is pretty disgusting.
Manfap is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #12
Babaganoosh
♥♥♥ Likes Hugs ♥♥♥

Industry Role:
I don't care what anyone uses. This is an old page but it still holds true and explains why Apple users are disliked: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....gi?u=macs_cant
Old 10-02-2014, 08:10 AM   #13
_Richard_

Industry Role:
ever see a thread about 'why people hate android products'?
Old 10-02-2014, 08:12 AM   #14
RebelR
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I like Apple/Mac, and have used their products since 1995. Yes they can be pricier, but I find that their products do what I need them to do, longer and their support is great.

I got my parents onto Mac, because I grew tired of support calls for their windows machines.

That having been said, I have been cursing them for the last week because of their IOS 8 Update for my phone, but I hope that is short lived.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:16 AM   #15
MaDalton
I am Amazing Content!

Industry Role:
i just find it amusing how some Apple user religiously defend their stuff and get all worked up when you dare to criticize the tiniest bit...
MaDalton is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:32 AM   #16
dicknipples

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Richard_ View Post
ever see a thread about 'why people hate android products'?
Actually yes, tons of people criticize Google just as much as Apple. Actually I find it hilarious that the same people who refuse to use Google Analytics on their sites because "google is in bed with the NSA" or some shit like that also praise how amazing Android is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDalton View Post
i just find it amusing how some Apple user religiously defend their stuff and get all worked up when you dare to criticize the tiniest bit...
I find it annoying that anytime an Apple user makes a thread talking about Apple products to other Apple users, or questions it gets 30 responses from numbskulls barking about Apple being shit and Apple fanboism and all that other retardation.

Last edited by dicknipples; 10-02-2014 at 08:33 AM..
Old 10-02-2014, 08:35 AM   #17
_Richard_

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser Koopa View Post
Actually yes, tons of people criticize Google just as much as Apple. Actually I find it hilarious that the same people who refuse to use Google Analytics on their sites because "google is in bed with the NSA" or some shit like that also praise how amazing Android is.

I find it annoying that anytime an Apple user makes a thread talking about Apple products to other Apple users, or questions it gets 30 responses from numbskulls barking about Apple being shit and Apple fanboism and all that other retardation.
well, if you have seen tonnes criticize google, why are you so surprised about the criticism of apple?

personally, i rarely see the defensiveness comparison between android or apple, but i also do not care
Old 10-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #18
seeric

Industry Role:
I've been using Apple products for almost 8 years. I'm never going back. I've used PC before that. Nothing but issues. I've never, in 8 years had to take an Apple product back to the Apple store for any reason, ever. Now, with PCs, WOW! Every weekend was a trip to Frys or some crap website to download some driver, or the registry was owned by something, or all the memory was being hogged by some after market shit that Microsoft installed on me without me knowing.

My philosophy and mind set has always been: Use what you like and I could give a shit. I have used both, and I found Apple products to be far superior.

9 of 10 times when I hear some douche raging about Apple it's because they're too broke to afford it. Then they'll claim to not be too broke to afford it and cry about something else. Apple makes superior products for people who think differently. I don't believe there's a price tag that can be put on the efficiency of their devices and hardware. I would pay 10K for a Macbook Pro. I would pay 20K for an iMac. It's all relative. Over the course of a year, those products that allow me to handle my business in an efficient manner actually save me tens of thousands of dollars, and make me infinitely more.

When you're on top every one that doesn't have the means to be one top will shit on you. Bottom line.
seeric is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:46 AM   #19
Babaganoosh
♥♥♥ Likes Hugs ♥♥♥

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeric View Post
I've been using Apple products for almost 8 years. I'm never going back. I've used PC before that. Nothing but issues. I've never, in 8 years had to take an Apple product back to the Apple store for any reason, ever. Now, with PCs, WOW! Every weekend was a trip to Frys or some crap website to download some driver, or the registry was owned by something, or all the memory was being hogged by some after market shit that Microsoft installed on me without me knowing.
Honest question, do you think it was because you were new to computers and didn't know what you were doing yet?
Old 10-02-2014, 08:53 AM   #20
trevesty
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:

My philosophy and mind set has always been: Use what you like and I could give a shit. I have used both, and I found Apple products to be far superior.

9 of 10 times when I hear some douche raging about Apple it's because they're too broke to afford it. Then they'll claim to not be too broke to afford it and cry about something else. Apple makes superior products for people who think differently. I don't believe there's a price tag that can be put on the efficiency of their devices and hardware. I would pay 10K for a Macbook Pro. I would pay 20K for an iMac. It's all relative. Over the course of a year, those products that allow me to handle my business in an efficient manner actually save me tens of thousands of dollars, and make me infinitely more.

When you're on top every one that doesn't have the means to be one top will shit on you. Bottom line.
This.

Going from PC to Mac and Android to iPhone was the smartest business decision I've ever made. I know how to trouble shoot issues, but my time is better spent on my business rather than fixing some random issue on my phone or PC.
trevesty is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #21
seeric

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaganoosh View Post
Honest question, do you think it was because you were new to computers and didn't know what you were doing yet?
No, I was pretty proficient with PC products. I was an early gamer. I built my own rigs, etc. etc. Our school was actually one of the first computer labs in the whole country back in 1981 or so. It wasn't a proficiency thing.
seeric is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #22
Babaganoosh
♥♥♥ Likes Hugs ♥♥♥

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevesty View Post
This.

Going from PC to Mac and Android to iPhone was the smartest business decision I've ever made. I know how to trouble shoot issues, but my time is better spent on my business rather than fixing some random issue on my phone or PC.
That's just my point. I run all Windows desktops and Android for mobile. I haven't had to troubleshoot shit in ages. If you're having constant Windows issues, you're doing something wrong.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #23
XXXBizXXX
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Apple was never one of my choices. Whatever apple makes doesn't feel right. Period.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:09 AM   #24
trevesty
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
That's just my point. I run all Windows desktops and Android for mobile. I haven't had to troubleshoot shit in ages. If you're having constant Windows issues, you're doing something wrong.
Perhaps, but doing the same work flow on my Mac I haven't had any issues - which translates to zero time wasted fixing issues and that's all I really care about.
trevesty is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:19 AM   #25
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
Quote:
I never have issues with Windows either. I really wonder what people are doing. My dad will call me with the problem every now and then. I will log into his computer through Team Viewer and it's just a mess. I have no clue what he does. I look for the usual suspects: porn, gambling, games. Yet nothing.

Boggles my mind every time.

Sell me your: Paysites and Hosting Company. Buy my: Aged Domains and Sites
Sly is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:24 AM   #26
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
I do want to mention that I have spent all morning cursing at the Mac version of Dragon because it does not compare to the Windows version. Same with Camtasia. Although I'm sure the same can be said in reverse just as many times.

I use Ableton Live and FL Studio to create music. I use Sony Vegas and Adobe Premier to edit videos. I use Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Fireworks to edit graphics. Why? They each do something specific that I like and am comfortable with.

I don't really see Windows/Mac being any different. I'm switching back-and-forth right now to do various tasks that one system does better than the other, it might sound a little clunky but if I can do one thing better on a Mac that saves me time and one thing better on a PC that saves me time, why not?

At the end of the day, they are all just tools. Neither one is going to make you better or worse at XYZ, that's on you.

Sly is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:27 AM   #27
fitzmulti
I Like Depth Of Field!

Industry Role:
Quote:
^^^^^^^^^ THIS!
Personally, I don't give a fuck, either way. That being said, I haven't ever used/bought/cared to buy Apple products...but, I don't "slam" them.

www.SexyGirlsCash.com

CONTACT // FITZMULTI AT GMAIL.COM //
{Please include a message so I know you are from GFY! I get too many spam "add requests"!}
fitzmulti is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:32 AM   #28
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mineistaken View Post
Since you directed me to this thread:

As for the fanboys - I do not rage, I just laugh and find it stupid to overpay for a logo (oh, yes and "superior" OS). It is just amusing. No rage from me (again, not sure why I was directed here as this does not apply to me ).

Hope my answer is good enough.
Not so fast...

I love Apple products because they work, and my opinion is based on 5 years of experience after switch away from other products.

I find their ads boring. Old Spice ads on the other hand, are excellent and make me want to buy their stuff.

I don't pay for the logo. I pay for the product based on very good experience using their previous products.

I don't know if their iOS is better than Android. Do you? What criteria are you using? There must be 10,000 different measurements one can use to compare OS's. Which ones do you use, and which do you omit?

Anyone who dismisses loyal customers of a company as "Sheeples" is lazy. The value of a Mac or iPhone is not just in the product itself. It is the product + ease of use + power + support + options + resale value + customer service + reliability + + +...

What if your own competitor was getting more customers than you, and they raved about them. Would you dismiss them as sheeples too? Or would you wonder how your competitor keeps getting it right, again and again?

Peace.

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #29
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
I do not dislike Apple products.

Let's face reality here - Apple revolutionized MP3 players and then revolutionized cell phones. It was seriously ground breaking stuff, changing the industry, and they did it while continuing to make computers and laptops.

The problem is with the people who use Apple products and their undying believe that Apple products is superior to anything else.

You can't argue about MP3 players, because no one even really makes them any more. And any cell phone can do what an iPod can do. (Although I do have an iTouch and took it to Europe with me. I keep it in my Jeep so I always have my music with me.)

Apple computers are not "better" than any other computers. Apple computers are just more expensive and not usually any faster. When I build my last computer, it would have cost about 1/3 more and still wouldn't have been as fast.

Then we have the iPhone. The iPhone is a phone, nothing more. It was once ground breaking, but it's pretty much been the same since it was launched. (You can argue this point about most phones really.) The difference is my phone can do everything your phone can, and more, and we already have smart watches.... And in the mean time the rest of us didn't suffer from reception problems, don't worry about cracked screens, and wasn't locked into AT&T in the early days which must be the worst cell company ever.

The best part is we don't wait in line for anything. I have the new Samsung Galaxy S5, but not because I "had to have it". It was just because my wife was upgrading her phone, the sales person who helped us is both a friend and sexy as hell and it only cost me $99 to upgrade.... Pretty much my new phone is exactly the same as my last one, just a slightly larger screen. They all run the same exact apps.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #30
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post

The best part is we don't wait in line for anything. I have the new Samsung Galaxy S5, but not because I "had to have it". It was just because my wife was upgrading her phone, the sales person who helped us is both a friend and sexy as hell and it only cost me $99 to upgrade.... Pretty much my new phone is exactly the same as my last one, just a slightly larger screen. They all run the same exact apps.
Well in that case, my iPhone 5s is absolutely better than your S5. I didn't have to wait in line, I didn't need it but it was a good deal, I paid no upgrade fee, I didn't make a penis based decision because a cute girl smiled at me (let's face it, cute girls do not work at the Apple store,) and it was delivered to my doorstep the day it came out. Hell, I didn't even have to leave my house. I didn't for my iMac either!

How amazing is that?

Old 10-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #31
NaughtyRob
Two fresh affiliate progs

Industry Role:
I use Apple products but not only Apple products. I like them and also use PCs.
NaughtyRob is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:59 AM   #32
dready
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I strongly dislike them, but use whatever you want. Some people just feel the need to impose their opinions on others. Especially here for some reason.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:00 AM   #33
cuck

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dready View Post
I strongly dislike them, but use whatever you want. Some people just feel the need to impose their opinions on others. Especially here for some reason.

Those opinions are usually made up for fun.
420 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #34
dicknipples

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dready View Post
Old 10-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #35
INever
Confirmed User

I've been with Apple a really long time.

BUT, my 3GS phone needed a new battery. Soldered to the motherboard and the parts unavailable anyway.

Last weekend my laptop HD died so I went to the Apple Store figuring they could sell me an internal HD, but sorry, we no longer support models after 5 years.

They could have sold me an external HD as a temporary solution but that's what real freinds are for, a buddy loaded up Mac OS on an extra external. I think I'm just gonna get my own SSD external and not bother to repair my laptop, even thought they don't make the 17 inch anymore.

So, what do I think of Apple?

Steve Jobs is def dead.

Another planned obsolecense, ship jobs to China, full of shit corporation.

But better than Windows.
INever is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #36
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
Well in that case, my iPhone 5s is absolutely better than your S5. I didn't have to wait in line, I didn't need it but it was a good deal, I paid no upgrade fee, I didn't make a penis based decision because a cute girl smiled at me (let's face it, cute girls do not work at the Apple store,) and it was delivered to my doorstep the day it came out. Hell, I didn't even have to leave my house. I didn't for my iMac either!

How amazing is that?
But your iPhone isn't better. What can your iPhone do that my phone can't do? We all make phone calls, text message, pictures, videos, music; We all run the same exact fucking apps.

I didn't get a new phone because a cute girl smiled at me; I do lunch with her usually every week so I see her no matter what. I just happened to be int the store when they first cameo out. If I wanted a phone delivered to me they do that too. Come to think of it, I could have had that same cute girl deliver the phone to my doorstep if I had asked.

My last computer was delivered to my doorstep also.

The only phone my family has problems with is our two iPhones. The only cracked screens we have are... iPhones. And a lot of them.

So do tell, how is an iPhone better than any other phone?

Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #37
dicknipples

Industry Role:
Quote:
But your iPhone isn't better. What can your iPhone do that my phone can't do? We all make phone calls, text message, pictures, videos, music; We all run the same exact fucking apps.

I didn't get a new phone because a cute girl smiled at me; I do lunch with her usually every week so I see her no matter what. I just happened to be int the store when they first cameo out. If I wanted a phone delivered to me they do that too. Come to think of it, I could have had that same cute girl deliver the phone to my doorstep if I had asked.

My last computer was delivered to my doorstep also.

The only phone my family has problems with is our two iPhones. The only cracked screens we have are... iPhones. And a lot of them.

So do tell, how is an iPhone better than any other phone?
Can your phone make wifi calls, and when you're sitting at your computer with your phone next to you, answer your phone without touching your phone and use your computer to make the calls? I can.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #38
bronco67

I don't dislike Apple because I do they think they make great stuff, but I dislike their culture of drones who all need to be cool to have the same phone. Also, I've noticed they usually know nothing about Android phones because they've never looked at one.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:39 AM   #39
bronco67

Quote:
that's my brother in law. He keeps going on about how ne never gets viruses when he switched to apple products -- and when I told him that's because it's truly a small share of the world market (in computers anyway) so hackers don't bother with it as much...

I couldn't even get him to understand the concept that most of the world runs on PC.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #40
Babaganoosh
♥♥♥ Likes Hugs ♥♥♥

Industry Role:
Quote:
Can your phone make wifi calls, and when you're sitting at your computer with your phone next to you, answer your phone without touching your phone and use your computer to make the calls? I can.

Well, that settles it. Apple wins.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:44 AM   #41
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
people need to feel superior. in order to do that, simpletons think they need to denigrate others to elevate themselves. the apple v windows/android allows that to happen for both sides.

human nature.
dyna mo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:08 AM   #42
MaDalton
I am Amazing Content!

Industry Role:
Quote:

see - everyone has different experiences...

the screen of my Macbook Pro died and they wanted almost $1k to fix it.

my biz partner drove 3 times 100 miles and back to the next Apple store to have his iMac screen, iMac HD and Macbook HD fixed. The 4th time he repaired his iMac screen himself.

meanwhile I have an old Toshiba and a relatively new Samsung laptop which both flawlessly work and besides replacing the HD with an SSD, i never had to lay hands on them

I tried working with a Mac but I have a Windows domain network in my office and Mac OS doesn't play well with that.

Plus some software I need runs on Windows only.

so what is good for you, is not working for me - but there is no "Windows is better" or "Apple is better" - it all depends
MaDalton is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #43
dicknipples

Industry Role:
Quote:

Well, that settles it. Apple wins.
Never said Apple wins. He said show something that an iPhone can do that his Galaxy can't.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #44
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Welcome to 2014.

Yes, we can make Wifi calls. In fact, that came in handy in Prague when I didn't want to pay ten billion dollars for International roaming charges.

I can make phone calls from my watch. Can you?

Old 10-02-2014, 11:17 AM   #45
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
While I'm thinking about it... A few months ago a friend of mine told me about how happy he was because he got Apple TV. He told me he needed it to stream iTunes to his TV.

HUH?

Meanwhile, the rest of the world can pretty much stream anything they want to their TV. Surprise.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #46
dicknipples

Industry Role:
Quote:
Welcome to 2014.

Yes, we can make Wifi calls. In fact, that came in handy in Prague when I didn't want to pay ten billion dollars for International roaming charges.

I can make phone calls from my watch. Can you?
You conveniently ignored the second half of my comment because you and I both know you can't do that.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #47
Slappin Fish
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pornopete View Post
Best thing about Apple, if somebody asks me for help with their PC I tell them to get a Mac.
^^ This is why in a nutshell.
Slappin Fish is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:29 AM   #48
seeric

Industry Role:
Right.

What works for you is what you should stick with.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #49
candyflip
Carpe Visio

Industry Role:
Back when I started on this board, it was me and Quiet using iMacs. He posted a thread at one point and I was the only one to chime in who was using a Mac of any sort for webmaster related business. Now I'd say that Apple desktop / laptop users outnumber PC users.

I had the first Android phone and lots of people here laughed at me when I said that Android would blow iOS out of the water in worldwide usage in a few short years. I was right on that one too.

I don't care either way. I use them all and will continue to use them all. Windows, OSX, Android and iOS.

Spend you some brain.
Email Me
candyflip is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:57 AM   #50
ClickCastX
X10 Revenue

Industry Role:
Anything apple seems to be overpriced behind the times - and these days unless they create something innovate will be left behind again like they were before.

https://www.x10revenue.com
[email protected]
ClickCastX is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >