Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:50 AM   #1
FreeHugeMovies
Too lazy to set a custom title

Moniker's New Interface

I just logged in and I can't even figure out how to renew domains.

My CC is on file there, yet it doesn't want to use it.
FreeHugeMovies is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
teomaxxx
Confirmed User

having same problem.
not able to find out how to renew domains in advance, there is only the option "renew domain by expiration day", which is not the thing I want to do....
teomaxxx is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #3
FreeHugeMovies

Quote:
Originally Posted by teomaxxx View Post
having same problem.
not able to find out how to renew domains in advance, there is only the option "renew domain by expiration day", which is not the thing I want to do....
It's a pull down menu. Then proceed.
FreeHugeMovies is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #4
Vegas Ken
Confirmed User

Completely disappointed by the new Moniker here.

Anyone moved away from them yet? Where did you go?
Old 07-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #5
Jel
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
started moving to namesilo 12 days ago, though had a problem with being unable to unlock one of the domains.

Just got a reply from support after a mere 12 days, telling me to go through some more bollocks to verify my email address (didn't even see the verification email until I went hunting, as it's cleverly disguised as phishing spam).

Moniker sucks shit big time, and I have pretty much zero doubt all the current support delays/bollocks is to try and make their clients give up and just keep their domains with moniker. I can't put into words just how dire, wank-filled, annoying, and fucking laughable moniker now is.

I think headboy's failed domain service was better than moniker currently is
Jel is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:53 PM   #6
InfoGuy
80/20 Rule

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Ken View Post

I've successfully completed some transfers to GoDaddy. Some people in other threads report problems transferring out from Moniker with privacy enabled.
InfoGuy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #7
InfoGuy
80/20 Rule

Industry Role:
Has anyone received a renewal notice from Moniker since the intro of the new interface?
InfoGuy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:08 PM   #8
boziffous
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoGuy View Post
Has anyone received a renewal notice from Moniker since the intro of the new interface?
Just got a 30 day renewal notice from Moniker two days ago for one of my domains there.

Adult Domains for Sale
boziffous is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:25 PM   #9
FreeHugeMovies

My support e mail is still unanswered.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:45 PM   #10
SomeCreep
:glugglug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel View Post
started moving to namesilo 12 days ago, though had a problem with being unable to unlock one of the domains.

Just got a reply from support after a mere 12 days, telling me to go through some more bollocks to verify my email address (didn't even see the verification email until I went hunting, as it's cleverly disguised as phishing spam).

Moniker sucks shit big time, and I have pretty much zero doubt all the current support delays/bollocks is to try and make their clients give up and just keep their domains with moniker. I can't put into words just how dire, wank-filled, annoying, and fucking laughable moniker now is.

I think headboy's failed domain service was better than moniker currently is
I'm sure they're in no hurry to help you transfer out domains.

Webair Hosting

I use and recommend Webair for hosting.
SomeCreep is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #11
InfoGuy
80/20 Rule

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boziffous View Post
Just got a 30 day renewal notice from Moniker two days ago for one of my domains there.
That's interesting because I have a few hundred domains at Moniker that expire in the next few months and haven't received any renewal notices at all. Not that it matters because I'm transferring them out, but it shows what a clusterfuck Moniker has become.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:36 AM   #12
Jel
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeCreep View Post
exactly.
Jel is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:20 AM   #13
>>AsianCash<<

I agree - Moniker's is horrible.
Followed closely by Godaddy's.

Both registrars are horrible for domain guys that own 100's or 1000's of domains.

Headaches for days.
>>AsianCash<< is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #14
FreeHugeMovies

Where is everyone moving to? I pay less than 10 dollars a domain name with free privacy.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #15
jigga
Confirmed User

Anybody get their unwanted renewal charges refunded yet? I've got 3 or 4 unanswered tickets out regarding those, oldest one is about 30 days now. Just unacceptable.
jigga is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #16
BlackCrayon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeHugeMovies View Post
Where is everyone moving to? I pay less than 10 dollars a domain name with free privacy.
namesilo.com would fit the bill. i haven't used them but lots of people seem to like them. easy to use, 8.99 and free privacy.

dynadot is nice too, spend $500 they give you 8.75 pricing. they don't give free privacy though.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:41 PM   #17
FreeHugeMovies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCrayon View Post
namesilo.com would fit the bill. i haven't used them but lots of people seem to like them. easy to use, 8.99 and free privacy.

dynadot is nice too, spend $500 they give you 8.75 pricing. they don't give free privacy though.
What is that one girl who use to work for Moniker. Where is she working now?

I still haven't heard back from Moniker?
Old 07-04-2014, 12:17 AM   #18
InfoGuy
80/20 Rule

Industry Role:
Quote:
Bari left Moniker for enom a couple of years ago.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:19 AM   #19
rowan

Warning: when you do figure out how to renew and get thrown back to the list of your domains, the order has actually been placed. Don't make the mistake of trying again because you think something went wrong, especially if your card is on file!

Check your email and within 10 minutes Moniker will send you about 15 of them.
rowan is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #20
DerekMister33
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
No clue why they redid their interface. used to be easier.
DerekMister33 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:22 PM   #21
BlackCrayon

Quote:

I still haven't heard back from Moniker?
She's an enom reseller now. I am not crazy about using resellers because they jump ship, you're fucked. i am using dynadot, fabulous and namesilo now. the first two give you discounts based on the amount of money you spend or domains you have in the account. namesilo gives discounts too but you have to pre-load the money to get the discounts which is a bit annoying.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:25 PM   #22
FreeHugeMovies

Still nothing from their support team.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:19 AM   #23
>>AsianCash<<

Quote:
Still nothing from their support team.
You need to call them during their business hours they hardly ever respond to tickets.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:21 AM   #24
FreeHugeMovies

Quote:
Originally Posted by >>AsianCash<< View Post
You need to call them during their business hours they hardly ever respond to tickets.
That's bullshit. I won't be keeping my domains at a place that doesn't respond to tickets.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:25 AM   #25
Klen

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowan View Post
Warning: when you do figure out how to renew and get thrown back to the list of your domains, the order has actually been placed. Don't make the mistake of trying again because you think something went wrong, especially if your card is on file!

Check your email and within 10 minutes Moniker will send you about 15 of them.
So you renewed one domain 15-th time ? Lol

Inquiries which are not related to administration or advertising on GFY wont be processed.
Klen is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #26
InfoGuy
80/20 Rule

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlenTelaris View Post
Card banging scheme?
Old 07-08-2014, 09:24 PM   #27
FreeHugeMovies

Not responding to tickets is ridiculous.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:32 PM   #28
NewbieNudes
Confirmed User

Can someone post a walk thru on how to renew domains please?

| Add yourself for free traffic!

ICQ: 279 738 569 | Skype: NewbieNudes | Email: affiliates at newbienudes dot com
NewbieNudes is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #29
DAMNMAN
Confirmed User

Quote:
I just logged in and I can't even figure out how to renew domains.

My CC is on file there, yet it doesn't want to use it.
New system is fucked!!!

One less god!!!
I contend that we are both an atheist. I just belive in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
DAMNMAN is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:04 PM   #30
rowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlenTelaris View Post
I may have exaggerated slightly. ;) But yeah, seems like they send a separate email for every little thing rather than just including them in a single email.

- Domain duration changed
- Invoice
- Receipt

* This is when it works. Otherwise, you'll receive a notice saying the invoice is cancelled.
rowan is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #31
FreeHugeMovies

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieNudes View Post
Can someone post a walk thru on how to renew domains please?
There is a video somewhere I found helpful.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:53 AM   #32
jrzeygirl
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Ken - (and anyone else) Hit me up about eNom!

Quote:

jrzeygirl is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:08 AM   #33
FreeHugeMovies

Zero Support Tickets Answered
Old 07-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #34
His Infernal Majesty
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
It's terrible!! Moniker used to be really good. Now I can't renew, I can't unlock. It just puts me into loops. Nothing ever gets added to the "cart". Great to know they don't respond to tickets now either....
His Infernal Majesty is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:18 PM   #35
CIVMatt
Amateur Pimpin

Industry Role:
OMFG I just had to renew a couple domains and used it for the first time. SO FUCKING CONFUSING.

I will say however, it's better than before so I need to learn how to use it and it may be ok. Certainly not very user friendly though trying to do the simplest of tasks.

Last edited by CIVMatt; 07-21-2014 at 04:24 PM..
CIVMatt is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:49 PM   #36
Dirty D
Confirmed User

They suck... move your domains to a registrar that responds.

Very difficult to work with.
Dirty D is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #37
FreeHugeMovies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
They suck... move your domains to a registrar that responds.

Very difficult to work with.
I will be leaving
Old 07-21-2014, 11:29 PM   #38
TrashyGirl
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
:mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigga View Post
Anybody get their unwanted renewal charges refunded yet? I've got 3 or 4 unanswered tickets out regarding those, oldest one is about 30 days now. Just unacceptable.
I got an email about a refund (but no refund) for one overcharge for renewing a domain I didn't want to renew. There are four total refunds I requested for overcharges or unwanted renewals. And I can't even get domains transferred out. It's a shit show.
TrashyGirl is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:03 AM   #39
RyuLion

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeCreep View Post
Old 07-22-2014, 01:28 AM   #40
Three.Thousand
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Seem to be built by the same person who built their old system, which is too bad because he or she got a very unique sense of usability that the rest of the world just don't get.

I love how there is a cart, but you cant add renewals to the cart, they just magically renew in an own transaction using the saved/default(?) payment method. what about upsells for said renewal(s), what about changing payment for said transaction, what about adding some new domains at the same time..... madness.

Will move.
Three.Thousand is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:54 PM   #41
InfoGuy
80/20 Rule

Industry Role:
I've moved a few hundred domains out of Moniker since June 1st and so far no problems. It's a fucking pain in the ass to request individual EPP codes and giving me carpal tunnel at times, but once they're gone, I'm done with Moniker and their bullshit.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #42
x-rate
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoGuy View Post
I've moved a few hundred domains out of Moniker since June 1st and so far no problems. It's a fucking pain in the ass to request individual EPP codes and giving me carpal tunnel at times, but once they're gone, I'm done with Moniker and their bullshit.
Thanx for the advice.... been 3 times I have to renew domain with them and it's a pain in the ass... no way to make a live transaction even if you select renew now... I'm done with them!
x-rate is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:26 AM   #43
CarlosTheGaucho
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Did some research, eventually decided to switch to NameSilo.

Free whois privacy, the interface is easy to get and use, and it has just about everything I need from a registrar. Anyone looking for options feel free to check them out.

Last edited by CarlosTheGaucho; 07-30-2014 at 10:30 AM..
CarlosTheGaucho is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #44
sergetraffic[dot]com
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
damn, I'm trying to add some funds on my Moniker's account for the last 2 days but getting "Prepayment failed" error all the time... and there's still no reply from their support team on my tickets (that I've sent more than 24h ago)

looks like Moniker do the best to lost all clients
sergetraffic[dot]com is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:46 PM   #45
ircandy

Industry Role:
Quote:

I transferred my domains to Name Cheap and couldn't be happier.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:49 PM   #46
ircandy

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergetraffic[dot]com View Post
damn, I'm trying to add some funds on my Moniker's account for the last 2 days but getting "Prepayment failed" error all the time... and there's still no reply from their support team on my tickets (that I've sent more than 24h ago)

looks like Moniker do the best to lost all clients
Have you tried to contact them on twitter?
Old 08-05-2014, 11:49 PM   #47
Axeman
Confirmed User

I'm slowly moving everything over to NameSilo.

I'd love to see the internal numbers of the transfers out they've had since this debacle.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:00 AM   #48
ircandy

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman View Post
I'm slowly moving everything over to NameSilo.

I'd love to see the internal numbers of the transfers out they've had since this debacle.
Probably quite a few. It took 3-4 days for my domains to transfer out.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:34 AM   #49
TrashyGirl
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I got another domain out, it was like an obstacle course, but no refunds for being overcharged yet.
TrashyGirl is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:53 AM   #50
Jel
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I finally got a refund of $80 yesterday on a .xxx domain they fucked up on a few months back (they credit rather than refund by default, and part was used to pay for 2 normal registrations). To the wrong paypal address Looking forward to seeing how that pans out, it only took about 6 emails and approx 3 months to sort that out so far...

Worst crash of a company i have ever seen..
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >