Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
rogueteens
So fucking bland

Industry Role:
Wordpress question - deleting posts

I have ablog thats been RSS fed for ages so has LOADS of posts, of cause google doesn't like it so i want to delete all the posts and start again with unique content. If i was to delete all the posts then delete them from the trash, would they be gone from the database? I don't want the database bloated for no reason. Also is there an easy way to delete hundreds of posts quickly?
Old 04-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
raymor
Confirmed User

Any reasonably competent "script person" (not even a programmer) can delete all of the from the database in a few minutes. If you're going to start over and it's just for SE traffic, though, why not start over on a new URL and leave that one producing whatever little it produces?
Throttlebox - The next generation in bandwidth control
Clonebox - Backup and disaster recovery on steroids
raymor is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
signupdamnit
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymor View Post
If you're going to start over and it's just for SE traffic, though, why not start over on a new URL and leave that one producing whatever little it produces?
Good idea. I wouldn't be surprised if Google rolls back some of these changes or makes adjustments to make it more conservative soon. Some of the results have been nothing short of crazy. The fact is the Penguin update has penalized many sites which were not spamming in any form.
signupdamnit is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
fris
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
delete all, then empty trash, and it will be gone
Old 04-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
rogueteens
So fucking bland

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by signupdamnit View Post
Good idea. I wouldn't be surprised if Google rolls back some of these changes or makes adjustments to make it more conservative soon. Some of the results have been nothing short of crazy. The fact is the Penguin update has penalized many sites which were not spamming in any form.
Well, this site never did anything great in the SE's even before the latest cluster-fuck, it was only set up as a RSS fed blog as to have something on it while it sat around waiting for me to come back to it.
It's obvious that RSS fed blogs are totally dead now so all i'm going to do with it is add about 20 unique posts then use an "old to new" plugin and leave it to soak for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fris View Post
delete all, then empty trash, and it will be gone
Cheers
Old 04-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #6
Brujah
Beer Money Baron

Industry Role:
Why do you feel that rss fed blogs are no good?
Old 04-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
rogueteens
So fucking bland

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujah View Post
Why do you feel that rss fed blogs are no good?
Because of the duplicate content. I used to be all for using RSS but the last google update (the one before the recent one) went for my RSS blogs big time and i'm currently swapping them out for blogs with unique content.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #8
Brujah
Beer Money Baron

Industry Role:
I had a mild panic and had to check the few I had. lol. They're still doing fine, still with pagerank and consistent traffic.

I wouldn't say it's reason alone to delete all the content. You might be able to switch the layout and theme and provide a mix of unique content to improve their rankings.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
rogueteens
So fucking bland

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujah View Post
I had a mild panic and had to check the few I had. lol. They're still doing fine, still with pagerank and consistent traffic.

I wouldn't say it's reason alone to delete all the content. You might be able to switch the layout and theme and provide a mix of unique content to improve their rankings.
I'm not saying my rss blogs are totally and utterly dead, a couple manage to bring in a couple of hundred people a day, i just feel they could be doing better. And yeah, i'm also using it as a chance to try a different layout too.
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >