Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #101
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smutnut View Post
Really? You are comparing monkey's typing shakespeare (which is actually monkeys typing some type of novel) within a limited lifetime, to infinity?

You do realize we do exist, right? Even if there is no God, right? I don't even want to get into the multiverse theories or any other theories with anyone who doesn't think their isn't a chance that there is no god, so that pretty much settles that...
No credible scientist gives the universe a dating of "infinity years", my friend. Even the highest number of years that has been credibly proposed does not allow for enough time for us to reach the complexity required for our existence. It's just not mathematically possible.
Donny is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #102
Phillipmcd1
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverdueNudes View Post
Really? Monkey's typing Shakespeare? That's what you're going with? Holy shit. I can see clearly now, praise jebus.
An infinite amount of monkeys with an infinite amount of typewriters could write the complete words of Shakespeare is the example
Phillipmcd1 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #103
OverdueNudes
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Donny what could make you become an Atheist? What would have to happen to change your mind?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #104
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Quote:
Donny what could make you become an Atheist? What would have to happen to change your mind?
I've already been there: I was an atheist at one point in my life. I decided to follow the evidence to where it leads. Modern science has provided evidence that clearly points to an intelligent First Cause.
Donny is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #105
OverdueNudes
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny View Post
I've already been there: I was an atheist at one point in my life. I decided to follow the evidence to where it leads. Modern science has provided evidence that clearly points to an intelligent First Cause.
But it hasn't.

An atheist would become a NON atheist if gods presented themselves.

So how can gods never presenting themselves keep you a believer??
Old 04-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #106
smutnut
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
No credible scientist gives the universe a dating of "infinity years", my friend. Even the highest number of years that has been credibly proposed does not allow for enough time for us to reach the complexity required for our existence. It's just not mathematically possible.
That's pretty much what I was saying, except that it will start over again. Unless of course you believe in God. Then it can't of course.

God would make things a bit finite
smutnut is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #107
Evil1
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Modern science has provided evidence that clearly points to an intelligent First Cause.
hahah, yeah ok. So... who's got it right? You, the jews, or the muslims? Who would win in a street fight? God or Allah?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #108
smutnut
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
The evidence

I'm sorry I can't take that. What evidence even remotely shows there is a God?
smutnut is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #109
Phillipmcd1
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Modern science has provided evidence that clearly points to an intelligent First Cause.
What's your thoughts on the majority of the most elite Scientists are non-believers
Phillipmcd1 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #110
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Quote:
That's pretty much what I was saying, except that it will start over again. Unless of course you believe in God. Then it can't of course.

God would make things a bit finite
You miss something: even if the universe kept expanding and contracting on itself, starting over and over again, there has not been enough time in THIS version of the universe for the complexities of our existence.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #111
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipmcd1 View Post
What's your thoughts on the majority of the most elite Scientists are non-believers
Which scientists are we talking about? Biologists or physicists? Because biologists don't really study complexity, and there are a lot of physicists who believe in the existence of God. FYI: Albert Einstein and Charles Darwin both believed God exists.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #112
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil1 View Post
hahah, yeah ok. So... who's got it right? You, the jews, or the muslims? Who would win in a street fight? God or Allah?
Again, this thread discusses the existence of God. The various versions of stories that claim to tell God's story have no relevance on whether or not God exists.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #113
OverdueNudes
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Which scientists are we talking about? Biologists or physicists? Because biologists don't really study complexity, and there are a lot of physicists who believe in the existence of God. FYI: Albert Einstein and Charles Darwin both believed God exists.
Obviously the ones that study the "modern science that clearly points to First Cause" you mentioned numb nuts. Not just any scientists.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #114
smutnut
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
You miss something: even if the universe kept expanding and contracting on itself, starting over and over again, there has not been enough time in THIS version of the universe for the complexities of our existence.
That's complete crap. Cause we do exist and if you have any education at all, you know we are really not that complex. Only on ourselves and until we reach the next level, like maybe studying the brain and stuff.

We are now growing body parts. How less complex do you want us to be?

You love this witch doctor shit, but it is complete crap.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #115
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Quote:
The evidence

I'm sorry I can't take that. What evidence even remotely shows there is a God?
Have you been paying attention at all in this thread? I've listed several pieces of evidence that points to the existence of God. Complexity being one of them.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #116
smutnut
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Again, this thread discusses the existence of God. The various versions of stories that claim to tell God's story have no relevance on whether or not God exists.
Then what does it even matter. You are pulling your own God out of your ass and wanting us all to worship him. I don't get it.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #117
OverdueNudes
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Have you been paying attention at all in this thread? I've listed several pieces of evidence that points to the existence of God. Complexity being one of them.
Complexity is not evidence. Nor is anything you mentioned.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #118
Mr Pheer
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigg View Post
Who's the Christian God?
Haha! Good question

Ask Donny. Doesnt matter what religion, really. I was just using a modern example.
Mr Pheer is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #119
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Quote:
That's complete crap. Cause we do exist and if you have any education at all, you know we are really not that complex. Only on ourselves and until we reach the next level, like maybe studying the brain and stuff.

We are now growing body parts. How less complex do you want us to be?

You love this witch doctor shit, but it is complete crap.
"we are really not that complex"
^^^ That is probably one of the most ignorant things you've written in your entire life. Study the complexity of even a single cell. Study the complexity of an eyeball. Study the complexity of just about any life form whatsoever.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #120
smutnut
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
this is all ambiguous bullshit. complexity in your own personal eyes doesn't make something complex and doesn't prove there is a God even if it were actually complex.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #121
Mr Pheer
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Study the complexity of an eyeball.
May we use one of yours?
Mr Pheer is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #122
OverdueNudes
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Your several pieces of evidence are just ideas that you think help strengthen your faith. We're talknig about evidence OF Gods, not evidence of theories about Gods. Are YOU even paying attention?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #123
smutnut
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
^^^ That is probably one of the most ignorant things you've written in your entire life. Study the complexity of even a single cell. Study the complexity of an eyeball. Study the complexity of just about any life form whatsoever.
I think I understand you now. You're smart. Everything is complex. Thus there is a God. Simple really. good night. Really this time.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #124
Grapesoda
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Atheism is an extreme determination that nothing else that matters that is a higher power could possibly exist. Agnosticism is the denial of responsibility.

It basically comes down to - what the fuck does it really matter? if you think God is supreme why even bother praying. He can't answer your prayers because he has bigger plans than you.

the bible says we can't understand God's ways yet there are churches everywhere making you commit to things we can't understand.

I say it is all irrelevant. If God exists, he doesn't matter to your everyday life no more than the daily life a a single cockroach should matter to you. It can't. It's just semantics within our own logic.

It's really that simple be you left or be you right...

prayer might not get you a parking spot or a ticket to concert BUT prayer can alter human emotion and perception, AND changing your emotion and perception can change YOUR life AND if something must change in any given 'human' circumstance it might as well be 'you'. pretty simple really...
Grapesoda is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #125
Donny
As you wish...

Industry Role:
Quote:
Then what does it even matter. You are pulling your own God out of your ass and wanting us all to worship him. I don't get it.
Where have I said that? This thread, as I've repeated many times, discusses the existence of God. Personally, I lack the missionary drive to convert anyone to my religious beliefs. I really don't care whether or not you choose to be a Christian or a non-Christian. But the existence of God is not a religious belief. I love debating such things.

I also love debating Christianity, but that would be a new thread. Perhaps I'll start that thread once this one has run it's course.

I promised my little cousin we'd watch an episode of Vampire Diaries before she has to go to bed, so this has to be my last post for now or it'll be too late to keep that promise. Thanks for being civil. I've enjoyed our discussion so far.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #126
Grapesoda
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Three dimensions of nature that point to the existence of God:

1. The fact that nature obeys laws.
2. The dimension of life, of intelligently organized and purpose-driven beings, which arose from matter.
3. The very existence of nature.

WHY does rational thought exist? WHY does nature obey laws? WHY do subatomic particles exist? WHY does life itself exist? Chemicals combine together, sure. But LIFE is not attained by combinations of chemicals. Self awareness is not attained by combinations of chemicals. How did LIFE come from non-life? And WHY did reproduction begin?

There is no proof for this, on either side.

Why are the laws of nature so precise, universal and tied together? Why does the universe even bother to exist? Einstein called the answer to questions like this ?the mind of God?. That?s how he explained it. And before you say Einstein didn?t believe in God, here is a quote from him:

"I?m not an atheist, and I don?t think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of those books but doesn?t know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws, but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations.?

Einstein also said, of atheists, ?What really makes me angry is that they quote me for support of their views.? He renounced atheism because he never considered his denial of a personal God as a denial of God. He very much believed in a ?superior reasoning force,? a ?superior mind,? an ?illimitable superior spirit? and a ?mysterious force that moves the constellations?, of which he was speaking about God. There are many well known scientists who believed the same way.

Even Charles Darwin was a theist. He wrote:

"[Reason tells me of the] extreme difficulty or rather impossibility of conceiving this immense and wonderful universe, including man with his capability of looking far backwards and far into futurity, as the result of blind chance or necessity. When thus reflecting I feel compelled to look to a First Cause having an intelligent mind in some degree analogous to that of man; and I deserve to be called a Theist."

Many modern day scientists reflect this exact same belief.
if you must use this much text to try and explain or justify a 'god' you are definitely playing mental hopscotch with yourself... in my expereince, the more text, the less substance
Grapesoda is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #127
Grapesoda
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
It's like reading the Greek Myths which are much better written.
Christianity is based on Greek myth, and the Greek part takes place in the Catholic Church between young boys and priest
Old 04-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #128
Phillipmcd1
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
American National Academy of Sciences, only 7% believe in a God. I also have a study that shows that prayer has the same results as chance, in some cases worse than chance but you didn't go there so I'll shut up about that. And Darwin was agnostic, he didn't convert on his deathbed.

Darwin said "I never gave up Christianity until I was forty years of age." He agreed that Christianity was "not supported by the evidence", but he had reached this conclusion only slowly.

The "Lady Hope Story", first published in 1915, claimed that Darwin had reverted back to Christianity on his sickbed. The claims were rejected by Darwin's children and have been dismissed as false by historians.

Last edited by Phillipmcd1; 04-18-2012 at 10:07 PM..
Old 04-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #129
buzzard
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
God is a hydra headed word.
Reality exists. Existence exists. No other explanation needed.
To ask who created existence is an infinite regression question.

Existence exists. Always has and always will.

Why put a mythical GOD in place of reality?
If you do and you're honest, then you should also ask who created god.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #130
xholly
Confirmed User

Quote:
what makes you say this? there has been exactly enough time for the universe to evolve to the point we observe around us.

the monkeys writing shakespere is used as an example of infinity.
xholly is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #131
Vjo
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
If "you" (each of 7 billion people) on ave pray or think of God for 5 seconds/day then every second of every day 100,000 prayers or thoughts are being fired off to God.

Just kind of fun with numbers.

So I figure IF there is a God he is tired of us and surely things are not as simple as the Catholic church says where we all sit around and pray ect all day. That is way too simplistic besides..

do you really want to spend the rest of eternity with your relatives or even people in general?

I am afraid we are but like the deer, the flowers and the trees. Just biology that is advanced at different rates and which decays at different rates.

But I WANT to believe.

Last edited by Vjo; 04-18-2012 at 10:19 PM..
Vjo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #132
jimmy-3-way
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:

2. The dimension of life, of intelligently organized and purpose-driven beings, which arose from matter.

WHY does rational thought exist? WHY does nature obey laws? WHY do subatomic particles exist? WHY does life itself exist? Chemicals combine together, sure. But LIFE is not attained by combinations of chemicals. Self awareness is not attained by combinations of chemicals. How did LIFE come from non-life? And WHY did reproduction begin?

Why are the laws of nature so precise, universal and tied together? Why does the universe even bother to exist? Einstein called the answer to questions like this ?the mind of God?. That?s how he explained it. And before you say Einstein didn?t believe in God, here is a quote from him:

"I?m not an atheist, and I don?t think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of those books but doesn?t know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws, but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations.?

Einstein also said, of atheists, ?What really makes me angry is that they quote me for support of their views.? He renounced atheism because he never considered his denial of a personal God as a denial of God. He very much believed in a ?superior reasoning force,? a ?superior mind,? an ?illimitable superior spirit? and a ?mysterious force that moves the constellations?, of which he was speaking about God. There are many well known scientists who believed the same way.

"[Reason tells me of the] extreme difficulty or rather impossibility of conceiving this immense and wonderful universe, including man with his capability of looking far backwards and far into futurity, as the result of blind chance or necessity. When thus reflecting I feel compelled to look to a First Cause having an intelligent mind in some degree analogous to that of man; and I deserve to be called a Theist."

Is this an invitation to share my thoughts on what I believe to be evidence of an intelligent First Cause (God)? If so, I'm happy to do so.

One particularly powerful bit of evidence for God from a theist?s perspective is the very fact that you and I are having this conversation to begin with. Richard Dawkins (the famous atheist evangelist) can?t explain why we are capable of rational thought, nor why our minds are capable of logic and order. I see the mind as glowing evidence of a creator. You do not. I see emotions as evidence of a creator. You do not. I see mathematical formulas as evidence of a creator. You do not. And do it goes, and so it goes.

So many atheists make the same mistake as the likes of Richard Dawkins:
You?re seemingly unaware that logical positivism was discarded in the 50s, by the very scholars who brought the concept into existence in the first place.

In case you don?t know what that term means, here is a web definition of logical positivism:
?A form of positivism, developed by members of the Vienna Circle, that considers that the only meaningful philosophical problems are those that can be solved by logical analysis.?

God is indeed a philosophical debate.

From a book by Antony Flew?s:
?[Atheist Evangelists like Dawkins] show no awareness of the fallacies and muddles that led to the rise and fall of logical positivism? It would be fair to say that the ?new atheism? is nothing less than a regression to the logical positivist philosophy that was renounced even by its most ardent proponents. In fact, the ?new atheists,? it might be said, do not even rise to logical positivism. The positivists were never so naive as to suggest God could be a scientific hypothesis-they declared the concept of God to be meaningless precisely because it was not a scientific hypothesis. Dawkins, on the other hand, holds that ?the presence or absence of a creative super-intelligence is unequivocally a scientific question?? I seek to show that our immediate experience of rationality, life, consciousness, thought, and the self militate against every form of atheism, including the newest.?

One problem, in my opinion, is that so many of you so-called ?atheists? are so far opposite from scientific minds that you revere the word ?scientist? as if such a person holds the keys to knowledge. That?s simply not correct. God is not a scientific discussion. God is a philosophical discussion.

This next quote comes from John D Barrow, who is an English cosmologist, theoretical physicist, and mathematician. He is currently Research Professor of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Cambridge. He obtained his first degree in mathematics and physics from Van Mildert College at the University of Durham in 1974. In 1977, he completed his doctorate in astrophysics at Magdalen College in the University of Oxford. He did two postdoctoral years in astronomy at the University of California, Berkeley. In other words, he?s not an idiot.

Of Richard Dawkins he said:

"You have a problem with these ideas, Richard, because you?re not really a scientist. You?re a biologist [to Barrow, biology is little more than a branch of natural history - now let's continue the quote]. Biologists have a limited, intuitive understanding of complexity. They?re stuck with an inherited conflict from the nineteenth century, and are only interested in outcomes, in what wins out over others. But outcomes tell you almost nothing about the laws that govern the universe.?

The biggest problem for those who don't believe in an intelligent First Cause is that they cannot explain complexity.
Best part about being an atheist?

I've never wasted one second of my precious, short life thinking about stupid circular arguments to convince believers not to believe.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #133
Evil1
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
How come adults stop believing in Santa but not all stop believing in Gods? Santa has thousands of books and songs too. This is bullshit. SAVE SANTA!!!
Crutch for the emotionally fragile that are incapable of dealing with the possibility that human death could actually be the end. You have to admit it sure sounds good, grandma and grampa waiting for you in heaven where you get to spend eternity in paradise, it's easy to see how thats appealing to those less evolved. Of course the only way to get there oddly enough is to accept jesus at church, do exactly what they say, and hand over money (and small male children) weekly.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #134
Evil1
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Study the complexity of Cerns Large Hadron Collider!

Oh shit! sorry, man made.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #135
raymor
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil1 View Post
Ok lets take the amtrack test. We meet on some train tracks, you use jesus to survive, just stand there and pray. ill go with science, science tells me if I get the fuck off the track I'll be fine. After I find where your head rolled off to we can discuss the results.

Or do you not have faith in your god? Cash the fuckin check your mouth writes.
You have faith in the laws of physics. I too have faith in those same laws. If I have faith in the creator of those laws, I will have faith in the laws he created, will I not? The ancient writings, including the Bible, tell me to be mindful of natural law (physics).

You forget the Bible is full of things like the sanitary way to butch meat, draining the blood and all, don't eat shellfish if refrigeration hasn't been invented, don't start a project without without planning ahead, etc. "Don't stand on train tracks" would fit right in.

"Thou shalt not screw thy neighbors wife, for thou neighbor mighteth kick thine ass." You didn't think all that was arbitrary did you? Most of the biblical admonishments are pretty much warnings to pay attention to things that can hurt you, like trains, seductive evil women, etc. That's why so many of them take the form "the wise man does this, the foolish man does that." "The wise man stays clear of trains, the fool gets drunk on the tracks" would fit right in.

Last edited by raymor; 04-18-2012 at 10:37 PM..
raymor is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #136
Vjo
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
"oh my God" and "God dammit" have to be said literally about one hundred thousand times since you read this sentence.

"oh MY God"

Everyone thinks somehow "they" are close to God. That he hears their prayer. Even I do. But the math shows you that he is a a busy guy feeling all the prayers.

Yet pure atheism leaves no hope and is a lonely place. Remember Carl Sagan who on his death bed would not believe. Right or wrong Atheism takes tremendous courage.

Some would rather have hope than none which is not only undestandable but maybe philosophicly a better way to live life.

Albeit a life of fantasy and to embrace the real truth is probably the best way.

Last edited by Vjo; 04-18-2012 at 10:45 PM..
Vjo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #137
keysync
Living the Dream

Industry Role:
Please tell me what your god thinks of fathers that molest their defenseless children.
And I mean defenseless. Under 5 years old to start with.
WTF is up with that?

keysync is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #138
jimmy-3-way
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vjo View Post
Yet pure atheism leaves no hope and is a lonely place. Remember Carl Sagan who on his death bed would not believe. Right or wrong Atheism takes tremendous courage.
Amigo - you are completely wrong. Atheism requires no courage at all, would you say that it requires courage to reject Santa or Thor or Darth Vader? Of course not.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #139
theking
Nice Kitty

Industry Role:
Quote:
Is this an invitation to share my thoughts on what I believe to be evidence of an intelligent First Cause (God)? If so, I'm happy to do so.

One particularly powerful bit of evidence for God from a theist?s perspective is the very fact that you and I are having this conversation to begin with. Richard Dawkins (the famous atheist evangelist) can?t explain why we are capable of rational thought, nor why our minds are capable of logic and order. I see the mind as glowing evidence of a creator. You do not. I see emotions as evidence of a creator. You do not. I see mathematical formulas as evidence of a creator. You do not. And do it goes, and so it goes.

So many atheists make the same mistake as the likes of Richard Dawkins:
You?re seemingly unaware that logical positivism was discarded in the 50s, by the very scholars who brought the concept into existence in the first place.

In case you don?t know what that term means, here is a web definition of logical positivism:
?A form of positivism, developed by members of the Vienna Circle, that considers that the only meaningful philosophical problems are those that can be solved by logical analysis.?

God is indeed a philosophical debate.

From a book by Antony Flew?s:
?[Atheist Evangelists like Dawkins] show no awareness of the fallacies and muddles that led to the rise and fall of logical positivism? It would be fair to say that the ?new atheism? is nothing less than a regression to the logical positivist philosophy that was renounced even by its most ardent proponents. In fact, the ?new atheists,? it might be said, do not even rise to logical positivism. The positivists were never so naive as to suggest God could be a scientific hypothesis-they declared the concept of God to be meaningless precisely because it was not a scientific hypothesis. Dawkins, on the other hand, holds that ?the presence or absence of a creative super-intelligence is unequivocally a scientific question?? I seek to show that our immediate experience of rationality, life, consciousness, thought, and the self militate against every form of atheism, including the newest.?

One problem, in my opinion, is that so many of you so-called ?atheists? are so far opposite from scientific minds that you revere the word ?scientist? as if such a person holds the keys to knowledge. That?s simply not correct. God is not a scientific discussion. God is a philosophical discussion.

This next quote comes from John D Barrow, who is an English cosmologist, theoretical physicist, and mathematician. He is currently Research Professor of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Cambridge. He obtained his first degree in mathematics and physics from Van Mildert College at the University of Durham in 1974. In 1977, he completed his doctorate in astrophysics at Magdalen College in the University of Oxford. He did two postdoctoral years in astronomy at the University of California, Berkeley. In other words, he?s not an idiot.

Of Richard Dawkins he said:

"You have a problem with these ideas, Richard, because you?re not really a scientist. You?re a biologist [to Barrow, biology is little more than a branch of natural history - now let's continue the quote]. Biologists have a limited, intuitive understanding of complexity. They?re stuck with an inherited conflict from the nineteenth century, and are only interested in outcomes, in what wins out over others. But outcomes tell you almost nothing about the laws that govern the universe.?

The biggest problem for those who don't believe in an intelligent First Cause is that they cannot explain complexity.
Pigshit.

FOR THE LYING LOWLIFE POSTING AS PATHFINDER...https://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...athfinder.html
theking is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #140
theking
Nice Kitty

Industry Role:
Quote:

Pigshit.

FOR THE LYING LOWLIFE POSTING AS PATHFINDER...https://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...athfinder.html
theking is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #141
Lykos
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaganoosh View Post
Lack of proof.
Kinda mine also...
Old 04-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #142
LRS
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Donny, I'm not religious or believe in it but i grew up in a catholic home were we would go to church often and I still go to christian church sometimes just to learn but i do not believe in it.. its like going to watch a movie for me, i believe religion its just fiction. when I was very young I always believe in the word (infinite) and I would look at the stars and think how many there are, and yet how far away.. each star is a sun and i would think about how many planets our sun has and maybe just maybe it would be beautiful to see another human form come visit earth.. if I was a clueless Indian in the middle of the jungle and saw a helicopter flying around my house and visited me I would think its a God, I think that aliens visited earth in the past and humans depicts them as Gods, when they left in their spaceships through the skies we refer to Gods in the sky.. I think that the universe is so immense we don't even know 00000.1% of it etc.. i don't have evidence or anything but I think there is a high power nothing to do with religion or anything created by humans. I would never look at a person different for believing in something different than me, like religious people do.. its like getting mad at someone because they like a different type of women that I like.. different tastes different flavors different believes.. I live happy and I love what I do and I don't do harm to people or make them suffer.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:36 AM   #143
inthecrack
Confirmed User

Quote:

Why are the laws of nature so precise, universal and tied together? Why does the universe even bother to exist?
Why does the fact that humans cannot explain everything about the universe and our existence have to mean by default that god did it? Why is a simple "we don't know yet" not sufficient? We once thought the earth was flat. Ancient Aztecs worshiped the sun and sacrificed thousands to appease it. Science eventually busted these myths and more will fall in the future. Sooner or later science will explain a lot about our existence. Saying that god is the only answer to the mysteries of the universe is a total cop out. You're taking the easy way out because you are too impatient for the real answers to come by way of science.

If you are going to explain the universe and our existence with the god theory then you have to explain who or what created god. You are explaining what seems to you to be incredible with something that is even more incredible. It's an argument of infinite regress.

www.inthecrack.com
inthecrack is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:07 AM   #144
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
If so, what are your reasons for disbelief in God?
Because it's a money making, control mechanism. Religion has always been this.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:23 AM   #145
Vjo
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy-3-way View Post
Amigo - you are completely wrong. Atheism requires no courage at all, would you say that it requires courage to reject Santa or Thor or Darth Vader? Of course not.
Maybe what I mean is if you have been raised on religion (Catholic in my case, nuns and all ) then it is hard to let "God" go even when you read some atheist arguments and they logicly seem true.

It is nice to have a friend in the sky (crutch I suppose) so it takes some courage to "walk alone" in life.

If you were never indoctrinated into religion young as many of us were than maybe it takes less or no courage. See what Im saying. I hear ya tho.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:49 AM   #146
Vjo
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
The time for religion and when religion feels good is at times of death.

My best friend's wife happens to have taught Sunday school (catholicism) and when my mom died she was very comforting. She assured me there was an afterlife ect. and she really believes it.

And when you are going through the ceremony the Catholic priest was very comforting. For that day at least I believed completely and it helps. It just does. There is love there. And maybe love is.. God

So those who choose the middle are really smartest. Have your religion and your skepticism too.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:16 AM   #147
nextri
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthecrack View Post
Why does the fact that humans cannot explain everything about the universe and our existence have to mean by default that god did it? Why is a simple "we don't know yet" not sufficient? We once thought the earth was flat. Ancient Aztecs worshiped the sun and sacrificed thousands to appease it. Science eventually busted these myths and more will fall in the future. Sooner or later science will explain a lot about our existence. Saying that god is the only answer to the mysteries of the universe is a total cop out. You're taking the easy way out because you are too impatient for the real answers to come by way of science.

If you are going to explain the universe and our existence with the god theory then you have to explain who or what created god. You are explaining what seems to you to be incredible with something that is even more incredible. It's an argument of infinite regress.
Well said!
Old 04-19-2012, 02:17 AM   #148
Shagbunny
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post
lol, so true
Shagbunny is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:19 AM   #149
papill0n
Unregistered Abuser

Industry Role:
sometimes it is a lot of my phone voice to text translator hair colour shirt and translates it for me hair other type anything to malaga server service area hahaha
papill0n is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:32 AM   #150
Shagbunny
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthecrack View Post

I'm an atheist and everytime I get into one of these god vs atheism debates it always becomes a "well if you can't explain it, then god did it". Ridiculous.

Last edited by Shagbunny; 04-19-2012 at 02:33 AM..
Shagbunny is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >