Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Does your company provide a service that the adult industry needs? Post your service here. Video Editing, blog writing, encoding, programming, the works.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #1
pulloutxxx
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
seo question

got a question for you guys.

someone is trying to sell me a domain that has a very high pr rank. but it has been inactive for a while, its non adult. would this be smart to buy and add links directed to my other website??
Old 02-06-2014, 04:22 AM   #2
magicmarketingsoftware

Industry Role:
yes get it!
good luck

contact at :- [email protected]
magicmarketingsoftware is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 02-06-2014, 04:58 AM   #3
Zeiss
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
yes, get it but be smart in adding links

Adult Webmasters Guides
Zeiss is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 02-06-2014, 08:24 AM   #4
pulloutxxx
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
thanks guys!
Old 02-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #5
Zeiss
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
But pls check which pages have high PR... because it is Page Rank, not WEBSITE rank!!

Adult Webmasters Guides
Zeiss is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 02-06-2014, 05:07 PM   #6
Arnox
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Terrible idea. You're not going to get an ounce of SEO juice from it.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #7
Zeiss
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I think it depends on how he does it. What's your point Arnox?

Adult Webmasters Guides
Old 02-06-2014, 06:07 PM   #8
Arnox
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
'Inactive' likely means it has zero content on there, such as a parked page. As soon as that domain name changes hands (i.e. there is a change in registrar) then Google's going to know that what might have originally been a high authority site is not what it once was.

Also, high PR means fuck all. You could have a URL with 1 billion backlinks, all from low-quality sites, that gives it a 5-6 PR. Also, if the site is in a completely different niche (I'm going to bet that this a .edu domain) the link is going to look dodgy as fuck.

If you're going about SEO with non-niche linking from inactive sites, you're living in what the Internet was 10 years ago.

Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >