Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
Google Expert
Webmaster

Industry Role:
any NATS webmasters here?

I wanted to ask how you set up your affiliate program / NATS.

Do you install it on a separate server? Apart from your paysites?

What's the best way to do it?

Google Expert is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
RyuLion

Industry Role:
nats.domain.com with a unique static IP.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:19 PM   #3
Google Expert
Webmaster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuLion View Post
nats.domain.com with a unique static IP.
I need to know if i should keep in on a separate server, so nothing interferes with it and doesn't overload.

Example:

dedicated server 1: NATS installation with all the databases, etc
dedicated server 2: paysites with CMS and content
Google Expert is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #4
RyuLion

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsu View Post
I need to know if i should keep in on a separate server, so nothing interferes with it and doesn't overload.

Example:

dedicated server 1: NATS installation with all the databases, etc
dedicated server 2: paysites with CMS and content
Yes, that's best.
dedicated server 1: NATS installation with all the databases, affiliate website, etc.
dedicated server 2: Everything else
Old 07-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #5
Google Expert
Webmaster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuLion View Post
Yes, that's best.
dedicated server 1: NATS installation with all the databases, affiliate website, etc.
dedicated server 2: Everything else
That's what i though. Thank you.

Do you have any idea what kind of server specs are needed to run a small NATS program?
CPU/RAM etc.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #6
timmyc38
Confirmed User

Ask TMM/NATS they will give you all the info on what you need . there is a list somewhere for server requirements that you can find probably by searching goog
Old 07-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #7
Google Expert
Webmaster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyc38 View Post
Ask TMM/NATS they will give you all the info on what you need . there is a list somewhere for server requirements that you can find probably by searching goog
I asked - they refused to give me server spec suggestion.
They just linked me to a wiki page with server software requirements.

I need to know what CPU/RAM/SSD i need to run things smoothly.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #8
KRosh
So Fucking Outlawed

Industry Role:
Quote:
That's what i though. Thank you.

Do you have any idea what kind of server specs are needed to run a small NATS program?
CPU/RAM etc.
http://wiki.toomuchmedia.com/index.p...4_Requirements
Old 07-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #9
Google Expert
Webmaster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRosh View Post
That doesn't answer my question.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #10
KRosh
So Fucking Outlawed

Industry Role:
Quote:
I asked - they refused to give me server spec suggestion.
They just linked me to a wiki page with server software requirements.

I need to know what CPU/RAM/SSD i need to run things smoothly.
Dual Core 3.0GHz or higher
2 GB RAM
2 SATA Hard Drives
RAID 1

Last edited by KRosh; 07-03-2014 at 12:52 PM..
KRosh is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #11
KRosh
So Fucking Outlawed

Industry Role:
You can get something like this for $200 per month - fully managed
Quad Core Dual Xeon
2x500GB SATA RAID 1
8GB RAM
10TB Bandwidth

Get something like this for around $99 per month - fully managed

Quad Core Xeon
500GB SATA
4GB RAM
10TB Bandwidth
Old 07-03-2014, 07:02 PM   #12
cdacash-support

Industry Role:
ask support they will give you some advice

email: [email protected]
cdacash-support is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:50 AM   #13
247mg
Yellowplum / 247mg

Industry Role:
You should keep nats on separate server apart from your your pay sites one
Old 07-04-2014, 03:07 AM   #14
Google Expert
Webmaster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 247mg View Post
You should keep nats on separate server apart from your your pay sites one
Someone suggested me to get a simple server but with large storage capacity for ALL the paysites/tube content and hook it up to CDN.

And then get a very powerful administrative server with NATS, CMS and all the other scripts and databases.

How does that sounds? Makes sense?
Any comments on a proper setup are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by Google Expert; 07-04-2014 at 03:11 AM..
Old 07-04-2014, 07:48 AM   #15
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
I prefer having one server for NATS and one server for the sites. In some cases, I even put the tours on a different server than the members area. I like to isolate my components so that if one component is causing problems, the other are minimally impacted.

Example: members server goes down for whatever reason, surfers can still see the tours and join, though they may be cranky for a bit. ;-)

Isolating servers based on component also allows you to tweak each server better to suit its purposes.

Example: NATS will need services running that your members area will not, and vice versa. The fewer "unnecessary" services running on each server will likely mean a lesser load and fewer points of failure. As the old saying goes, the fewer moving parts the better.

Of course, budget always does come into play. If you can swing the money for a unique NATS server, do it.

Sell me your: Paysites and Hosting Company. Buy my: Aged Domains and Sites
Sly is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #16
American Psycho
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
It really depends on how much usage you have on either one of them.
nats and a LAMP CMS can certainly run on the same server, but when you start getting lots of database hits you may want to separate.

if you're just starting out get yourself a good host/admin and you'll have no problems running them on the same server and you will save some money for good while as you ramp up sales.

The ideal scenario is having one server for each but if A few hundred dollars per month is useful to you and put them on the same server til it doesn't matter

Last edited by American Psycho; 07-04-2014 at 11:31 AM..
American Psycho is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:35 AM   #17
iSpyCams
Amateur Gynecologist

Industry Role:
I have been running nats on the same server with my paysites for 5 years and no issues. If you are planning to have massive traffic I guess that's different, I think the dedicated server is not necessary. You can always get a second server and move it later if it's a problem. (or move your paysites if they start getting so much traffic they overload your nats server)
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >