Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
New Webmasters ask "How-To" questions here. This is where other fucking Webmasters help.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:21 PM   #1
phil-flash
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
HTML 5 / MP4 Browser Support

I started a year or two ago to make my videos all MP4 and then realized that Mozilla FireFox was not supporting them.

So I created the fallback flash version and flash player as well with JWPlayer. It worked...

But I wanted to know if FireFox and all other browsers, are finally supporting MP4 video?

I would love to stop compressing flash versions of my videos... it's such a pain
phil-flash is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 10-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #2
hausarzt
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
One word: yes.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:54 AM   #3
blinki bill
Confirmed User

Firefox is yes-ish, if the system where firefox is running can play mp4 firefox will play it, if the system can not firefox will need flash fallback.
Basically firefox can not decode the video for playback on its own, but it can now pass it if there is something else to play it (like for example many modern video cards have direct hardware support for mp4 video decoding, so on those it works with no problem)

For full support it's better to keep the fallback, but why do you make a flash version anyway, flash players can play mp4 too, so you either play the mp4 with html5 or fallback to the same mp4 played with flash
blinki bill is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 10-21-2014, 12:10 AM   #4
hausarzt
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Sooner or later, all browsers/players will have to play mp4 , as flash is nit supported and developed on mobile devices yet. Which means, that desktop browsers soon will not support flash anymore as well.
So either the browser developers keep on working, or people will go with browsers, which support mp4.
Flash is dead.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:10 AM   #5
blinki bill
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hausarzt View Post
Sooner or later, all browsers/players will have to play mp4 , as flash is nit supported and developed on mobile devices yet. Which means, that desktop browsers soon will not support flash anymore as well.
So either the browser developers keep on working, or people will go with browsers, which support mp4.
Flash is dead.
Mobile devices do not support flash anymore, android used to support it but adobe cut that 2 years ago (really retarded move on their part if they want to keep flash alive)

Firefox added the support to play mp4 if the system can decode it recently, it is passing it along and not decoding it directly not because they are too lazy to code for it but because of licencing issues, the format is not open.
blinki bill is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook

Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >