Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
New Webmasters ask "How-To" questions here. This is where other fucking Webmasters help.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #1
tonya69

Meta tags still important?

Unfortunately, I took a few years off to take care of my mother who was ill. I'm getting back into the adult business and setting up my website. I have a few questions:

Are meta tags still important and pulled by google?

What's the correct format to add that to my html page? Should I add this meta tag to all pages or just the main index page?
Old 09-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
Best-In-BC
Confirmed User

Yes, very, very much soo, back links are worth the least than ever
Old 09-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #3
Famemonster
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
still important, you have to add them to add pages or you will get html errors in webmaster tools. Each page has to be unquie, no duplicates.
Famemonster is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 10-07-2014, 03:16 AM   #4
smashits
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
No, they are not so much. Google gives more importance to content nowadays.
smashits is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 10-07-2014, 03:34 AM   #5
johnclark
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
<meta name="keywords" is not need at all these days, the other meta tags of course are needed
Old 10-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #6
k33n
Confirmed User

Interesting...i was wondering the same.I saw a lot of websites that don't use meta description tag.I believe they let google extract on its own what "he" thinks it's important.I read some articles on the web where google announced that meta description is not a google ranking factor and sometimes is better not to describe your content.Ex. Chaturbate doesn't have a meta description,but if you search on google "free sex cam", they are 1# .So in my opinion,while title tags are still important,meta tags...not so much.
k33n is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook

Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >