Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
New Webmasters ask "How-To" questions here. This is where other fucking Webmasters help.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
makeabuck
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Advice for blog site

A couple months ago I started a new blog site. Now that it has over 800 posts and is getting 30k in traffic a month I wanted to make it a bit more appealing.

It's very plain and simple, which is what I wanted until it was full of some content. It's a site for many women to blog sex stories to promote their phone sex service.

I'm not sure what to do with the site at this point. Here are some of the complaints....

1. Blogs get lost because of so many people posting (I have now limited to 2 blogs per week per person, and only 3 categories)
2. People are coming to read the blog and are slammed with fetishes they want nothing to do with, and I would think lose interest. For instance right now first blog post is a guys balls getting slapped with a crop over and over.
3. Bounce rate is pretty high

I want to keep the site simple but want to make sure I maximize exposure for the girls so they all get a fair go at it but I also want to make it a good experience for the readers who may not want to see a girl sucking a BBC.

Site is www.thekinkykingdom.com any advice would be great.
makeabuck is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 10-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #2
myleene
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
7 ideas:
- Change how blogs are displayed
- Give good positioning to the latest 5 then give space to the older ones
- Better use menus to filter content
- Use tags to filter content and maybe change how "less mainstream fetishes" are displayed (no image or request two images.. One which is for general display that is acceptable and one in the blog post which is more edgy)
- Moderate content and alter categories and tags
- Change the blog theme and add reasons to come back (live discussions, trending blogs, major stories, other news, etc.)
- Allow users to log-in and try to create a community
myleene is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 10-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #3
makeabuck
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Thank you Myleene. What I was thinking about doing is a magazine style blog. Where I would put the most popular categories perhaps in large button form or photo form? So this way things aren't just bam in the guys face if it's not something he wants to see. This should help with my bounce rate as well, and get the guys clicking around. So I've limited the ladies to 2 blogs each week and max 3 categories so that their post doesn't show everywhere.

I like the idea of keeping the featured images clean. I plan to add an actual sidebar and a top menu. I just am afraid I am going to clutter it, and not stay with my simple idea. So I need to find a great layout that will make sense, flow, and be more lucrative for my business. I have not done any advertising on the site, and once this re-design is in place, I plan to work on the linking aspect.
makeabuck is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 10-15-2014, 05:59 PM   #4
MrTrollkien
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Be sure to check this section if you have not:

https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Here is a nice place where you can find a tons of themes for wordpress:

http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/blog-magazine
MrTrollkien is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 10-16-2014, 10:32 AM   #5
awaiis

Industry Role:
i think you just need to change the theme. a good theme will cover every thing you needed. nothing much.
Publishers: 15% Payout bonus on your 1st payment!
awaiis is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 10-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #6
makeabuck
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
That's what I'm looking to change. A new theme, but I want to still keep it simple.

I know most men are visual so I figured if I put large buttons or some graphic on a landing sort of page then they could click around to what interested them.

So maybe like the top 8 categories with buttons, and then something underneath of it. I can visualize it, but putting it together...eh.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:55 PM   #7
makeabuck
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTrollkien View Post
Be sure to check this section if you have not:

https://gfy.com/forum38/

Here is a nice place where you can find a tons of themes for wordpress:

840+ WordPress Blog Themes & WP Magazine Templates | ThemeForest
Thank you very much!
Old 10-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #8
MrTrollkien
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeabuck View Post
Thank you very much!
MrTrollkien is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 10-17-2014, 02:48 PM   #9
oppoten
NAME THE JEW

Industry Role:
I think it's very text-heavy.

Maybe add some more images, and break the text down into smaller paragraphs.
oppoten is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook
Old 08-17-2015, 08:10 AM   #10
j3rkules
VIP

Industry Role:
You have to change the theme as soon as possible and it is not like it is worth a fortune. Good luck.
j3rkules is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook

Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >