Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 03-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #51
Barefootsies
Choice is an Illusion

Industry Role:
:2cents

Fiddy Vendzilla political rantings

Quote:
Obama asking for 5.5 billion to give to insurance

Link1 | Link2 | Link3

Enough Said.

"Would you rather live like a king for a year or like a prince forever?"

Last edited by Barefootsies; 03-09-2014 at 02:07 PM..
Barefootsies is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #52
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
I'm a little confused by this. Did they used to have insurance and have a $60 copay that is now $1,500?

What is the cash price of the drug? Did the drug company raise the price of it?
No she said the CASH price of the drug used to be $60 (no insurance involved).

Now that ObamaCare has hit (and of course prices are starting to be jacked up to get the most out of the govt. gravy train by big pharma)...her friend now HAS to have insurance.

And ObamaCare decrees that the medication MUST be covered.

So the pharma companies jacked the price of the drug from $60 to $1,500 and the co-pay that the person has to pay with the insurance is now MORE than the $60 they used to pay our of pocket straight up for the medication.

This entire thing is and has been since the beginning a HUGE gift to the big insurance companies, big pharma, and the big medical corporations.

It's not lowering costs.
We now have MORE people un-insured.
People found out that the Pres. and the entire Democrat party flat out lied when they said they could keep their insurance and doctor.

And the Pres. also said over and over and over that it wouldn't cost "one thin dime".
And here it is costing 5.5 BILLION dollars more.

And now he has changed the law again delaying almost everything (except the tax part of it of course) until AFTER the elections and after he has left office.

I honestly don't see how anybody can say this has been a good thing for the majority of the people in the United States.

And the funny thing is...the goddamned Republicans pointed all this out during the election in 2008.
And Democrats scoffed at them and said they were full of shit.

And now that it's all coming to pass? The Dems are trying to blame the Republicans for the whole thing!

It seems that the Obama-Maniacs out there are in some kind of zombie-like trance and can't see the truth right in front of them.

I really liked what CANDIDATE Obama had to say in 2008. And I voted for him.

But once he took office? Hell no.

That's why I went Libertarian in 2012.

I'm sick of lying Republicans and Democrats.

TOGETHER they have put our country in 17 TRILLION dollars worth of debt and just keep on spending like there is no tomorrow (and there probably isn't).

I suggest that we (as a people) vote them ALL out of office. If a politician is an incumbent then he or she is part of the problem and needs to go.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:21 PM   #53
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
I knew Vend couldn't last two weeks with out making a topic to complain about Obama..
Brother, you got to admit...The President is pulling some incredibly weasel-like moves with this whole floundering "Affordable" Health Care Act.

And if you watch the news at all...it's been a big topic of discussion (in between the coverage of Obama threatening Russia and looking like a fool on that too).

Don't worry...I'm sure that a retarded Republican will say/do something fucking insane very soon and that will then become the new topic and you can relax and enjoy yourself again.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #54
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post

Now that ObamaCare has hit (and of course prices are starting to be jacked up to get the most out of the govt. gravy train by big pharma)...her friend now HAS to have insurance.

So the pharma companies jacked the price of the drug from $60 to $1,500 and the co-pay that the person has to pay with the insurance is now MORE than the $60 they used to pay our of pocket straight up for the medication.

This entire thing is and has been since the beginning a HUGE gift to the big insurance companies, big pharma, and the big medical corporations.

It's not lowering costs.
People found out that the Pres. and the entire Democrat party flat out lied when they said they could keep their insurance and doctor.

And the Pres. also said over and over and over that it wouldn't cost "one thin dime".

And now he has changed the law again delaying almost everything (except the tax part of it of course) until AFTER the elections and after he has left office.

I honestly don't see how anybody can say this has been a good thing for the majority of the people in the United States.

And the funny thing is...the goddamned Republicans pointed all this out during the election in 2008.

And now that it's all coming to pass? The Dems are trying to blame the Republicans for the whole thing!

It seems that the Obama-Maniacs out there are in some kind of zombie-like trance and can't see the truth right in front of them.

TOGETHER they have put our country in 17 TRILLION dollars worth of debt and just keep on spending like there is no tomorrow (and there probably isn't).

I suggest that we (as a people) vote them ALL out of office. If a politician is an incumbent then he or she is part of the problem and needs to go.
This is one of the biggest reasons I think Obamacare as it is formulated right now is destined to fail. It does absolutely nothing to control costs and it appears it actually is rewarding insurance and pharm companies for increasing costs.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #55
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
This is one of the biggest reasons I think Obamacare as it is formulated right now is destined to fail. It does absolutely nothing to control costs and it appears it actually is rewarding insurance and pharm companies for increasing costs.
Yeah, I've thought that since the start.

When Pres. Obama took office and kind of put the economy on the backburner and moved straight to "healthcare" that turned out to be forcing everyone to buy insurance, I think the writing was on the wall.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #56
tony286
lurker

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaG View Post
Someone close to me needs a prescription that used to cost $60 is now $1,500. It's covered (if you have insurance), but the copay is more than the cash patient price used to be.
What drug is it?
tony286 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:05 PM   #57
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Yeah, I've thought that since the start.

When Pres. Obama took office and kind of put the economy on the backburner and moved straight to "healthcare" that turned out to be forcing everyone to buy insurance, I think the writing was on the wall.
I read where only 14% of the uninsured have signed up on the exchanges, and everyone that I know that's self employed is getting hosed on the copay and rates, including the price of prescriptions.
Then you see where Obama is putting off another section of Obamacare that will hurt even more people, this thing is such a bad piece of shit that has pretty much only his name on it!

If he would have just worked on the economy, stayed out of going BACK to AFGHANISTAN , people would be working and more people would be insured thru there employers, but instead, 85 billion a month is given to the banks for loans that they don't give out!
Over a trillion dollars and growing to the banks!
Carbon is not the problem, it makes up 0.041% of our atmosphere , 95% of that is from Volcanos and decomposing plants and stuff. So people in the US are responsible for 13% of the carbon in the atmosphere which 95% is not from Humans, like cars and trucks and stuff and they want to spend trillions to fix it while Solar Panel plants are powered by coal plants
think about that
Vendzilla is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #58
bronco67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendzilla View Post
Don't blame the republicans, it was passed without their consent, but nice try, I mean when you fuck up something, always blame someone that had nothing to do with it!
yeah like they were going to do anything except tell everyone to pull themselves up by their boot straps -- which all of them surely didn't do because they're mostly born with a silver spoon in their stupid mouths.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:13 PM   #59
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Someone close to me needs a prescription that used to cost $60 is now $1,500. It's covered (if you have insurance), but the copay is more than the cash patient price used to be.
I've read several stories about this happening, it's sad, Good intentions, shitty results
Carbon is not the problem, it makes up 0.041% of our atmosphere , 95% of that is from Volcanos and decomposing plants and stuff. So people in the US are responsible for 13% of the carbon in the atmosphere which 95% is not from Humans, like cars and trucks and stuff and they want to spend trillions to fix it while Solar Panel plants are powered by coal plants
think about that
Vendzilla is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #60
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco67 View Post
yeah like they were going to do anything except tell everyone to pull themselves up by their boot straps -- which all of them surely didn't do because they're mostly born with a silver spoon in their stupid mouths.
I didn't think that anything needed to be done at the moment about "healthcare"

Go back to 2009...the economy is collapsing, people are unemployed, companies are going under...and we get "ObamaCare"???

That's what made me go WTF?!?!?!

I think the correct thing to do is to get people back to work. Not force everyone to buy insurance.

Republicans may be stupid...but not THIS goddamned stupid.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #61
tony286
lurker

Industry Role:
Quote:

Go back to 2009...the economy is collapsing, people are unemployed, companies are going under...and we get "ObamaCare"???

I think the correct thing to do is to get people back to work. Not force everyone to buy insurance.

if you look at what will be the biggest longterm cost it's health care bar none.
tony286 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #62
AmeliaG

Quote:
I'm a little confused by this. Did they used to have insurance and have a $60 copay that is now $1,500?

What is the cash price of the drug? Did the drug company raise the price of it?

The cash price was $60.

Since ACA, the cash price is now $1,500.

If you have insurance, I assume your copay on $1,500 is more than $60.

Everyone should have access to healthcare. The ACA is just corporate welfare for insurance companies and big pharma.

I am not an expert, but it is my understanding that insurance companies are not allowed to make more than a certain % of profit. This means that they need healthcare to cost more, so they can make more. They can't increase their margins, so they have to increase both their gross and COGS in order to increase their profits.
AmeliaG is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #63
AmeliaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony286 View Post
What drug is it?

I'd rather not put specific medical info about anyone I know on the internet. But it is not anything cutting edge or new. Been around for more than 40 years. Very standard medication which is prescribed all the time.
AmeliaG is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #64
AmeliaG

Quote:

It's not lowering costs.

Yep, Robbie is dead-on right.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:26 PM   #65
kane

Quote:
I'd rather not put specific medical info about anyone I know on the internet. But it is not anything cutting edge or new. Been around for more than 40 years. Very standard medication which is prescribed all the time.
While my case isn't nearly as dramatic, I understand how the pharm companies use our system to screw people over. I have asthma. I was diagnosed when I was 8 in 1979. The first inhaler I was prescribed was called Proventil. It is still on the market today. About 6 or 8 years ago there was a few years where generic albuterol inhalers were available. They were about $8-$10 instead of the $40-$45 the name brand inhalers cost. Then the government changed some laws and made all aerosols use a non CFC propellant. No problem. This new propellant doesn't cost any more than the old one, but the pharm company was able to say that this change meant they were changing their formulas so they got their 10 year exclusive patent back. So generics went away.

These pharm companies have managed to carry this patent and renew it almost non-stop for the last 35 years. The system is messed up.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:27 PM   #66
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
if you look at what will be the biggest longterm cost it's health care bar none.
I totally disagree.

First off: "the longterm cost" to whom? The federal govt? Yeah...but that's because the feds were already paying for people who are sick via Medicare (which was already going bankrupt).
ObamaCare didn't change one thing on that. As a matter of fact...the actual "cost" of healthcare is going UP.

Secondly...the biggest cost to our country was and is people being unemployed.

THAT is what our govt. should have been focused on like an arrow. Instead, as we have now seen...this current administration jumps from one "issue" to another trying to keep the heat off of themselves.
Can't "fix" the economy? Then switch gears and go to "healthcare".
"ObamaCare" failing? TRY to switch gears and go to "immigration reform"
People didn't fall for that one? TRY to switch gears and "Give America A Raise" by pushing for a higher minimum wage (another job killer)
Sweeten that up with class warfare and talk of "income inequality".

In my opinion the M.O. of this administration is crystal clear: Deflect.

Anyway, I think we can both agree that this law is one of the most poorly written, poorly thought out, and poorly executed that I have ever seen.

It's definitely not going to help companies hire more people, it's not getting more people insured, and it's not bringing down the cost of health care.

It's pretty much batting a big fat zero.

Last edited by Robbie; 03-09-2014 at 08:28 PM..
Robbie is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:01 AM   #67
AmeliaG

Quote:
I totally disagree.

First off: "the longterm cost" to whom? The federal govt? Yeah...but that's because the feds were already paying for people who are sick via Medicare (which was already going bankrupt).
ObamaCare didn't change one thing on that. As a matter of fact...the actual "cost" of healthcare is going UP.

THAT is what our govt. should have been focused on like an arrow. Instead, as we have now seen...this current administration jumps from one "issue" to another trying to keep the heat off of themselves.
People didn't fall for that one? TRY to switch gears and "Give America A Raise" by pushing for a higher minimum wage (another job killer)

Anyway, I think we can both agree that this law is one of the most poorly written, poorly thought out, and poorly executed that I have ever seen.

It's definitely not going to help companies hire more people, it's not getting more people insured, and it's not bringing down the cost of health care.

I think the law can't be that poorly written with how capable Obama and his advisors and allies are.

I think the big payday for big pharma and the insurance companies was what was intended all along.

At a certain point, I think it is unrealistic to assume that the leader of the free world must just be dumb. He is clearly not, so the results we have must have been what was desired by those who wrote the law.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:35 AM   #68
Barry-xlovecam
It's 42

Industry Role:
The sicker people are the more consumers there are for the healthcare industry.

The more patients that can afford medical services the more money that is made by the healthcare industry.

Just don't get it -- do you?
**Hey look at the monkey!**
Quote:
The United States has the largest healthcare services market in the world, representing a significant portion of the U.S. economy. In 2010, the healthcare services industry accounted for approximately $1.75 trillion in revenues and employed more than 14 million people, or nine percent of the U.S. workforce. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that growth in the industry will yield 3.2 million new jobs between 2008 and 2018. Jobs in home healthcare services and diagnostic laboratories are expected to grow at the fastest pace ? up to 40 percent during the next 10 years.

http://selectusa.commerce.gov/indust...-united-states

The International Data Corporation (IDC) estimates that U.S. demand for software will increase more than 7 percent to $163.9 billion in 2012, and that demand for information technology services will rise 4.2 percent to $235.6 billion from the previous year. IDC surveys show that infrastructure projects are high priorities for U.S. businesses, and interest is growing rapidly in collaborative tools, green information technology, cloud computing and mobile applications.

The automotive industry accounts for between 4 and 5 percent of U.S. gross domestic product and employed 716,900 people in 2011.

Barry-xlovecam is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:57 AM   #69
tony286
lurker

Industry Role:
Quote:
Then I question if its really the case especially if its been around for over 40 yrs.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:01 AM   #70
tony286
lurker

Industry Role:
Quote:
I totally disagree.

You disagree based on what ? Its a fact and a problem. If you care about debt, this is the big one. http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddhixo...-cost-problem/
Old 03-10-2014, 07:18 AM   #71
woj
<&(©¿©)&>

Industry Role:
Quote:
You disagree based on what ? Its a fact and a problem. If you care about debt, this is the big one. http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddhixo...-cost-problem/
"Recent analysis of health care reform in Massachusetts reaches ominous conclusions. In 2006, Massachusetts adopted health care reform which strongly resembles the ACA: it created near universal insurance coverage, set minimum standards for health insurance, mandated that employers offer insurance and individuals must have it, and created a health care exchange."

"Every major category of health care spending in Massachusetts grew significantly faster than the national average in the five years following health care reform: state spending, direct federal spending, and private insurance rates. Emergency room utilization increased, despite greater access to primary care physicians. Massachusetts is now one of the highest health care cost regions in the U.S."
woj is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:38 AM   #72
tony286
lurker

Industry Role:
its still a problem. the baby boomers are getting older.

Last edited by tony286; 03-10-2014 at 07:40 AM..
Old 03-10-2014, 08:42 AM   #73
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Tony, it looks to me like that is a medicare problem. People getting "Free" treatment and the health care industry jacking up the prices because it's "free" money from the govt.

How was that something that was caused by ordinary citizens who paid their own way and therefore needed the govt. to fuck things up even MORE?

I've seen you post in other threads that the reason for health care costs out of control was because of people going to the Emergency room and not paying the bill.

Really? You mean that has never happened before in history? Only in recent years?

Trying to say that health care costs in the U.S. being so jacked up are because of a small percentage of people using the Emergency Room is like saying that Benghazi was caused by a youtube video. lol

And now you're jumping on this old bandwagon too? Health care is the number one "cost"?

Again...to WHOM. We were sold that the ACA was needed because having no insurance was bankrupting Americans by the millions and the cost of insurance was too high.

Now we have LESS people insured and insurance rates are MUCH higher.

No way that is an "answer" to the problem that the Federal Govt. created in the first place.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #74
AmeliaG

Quote:
Then I question if its really the case especially if its been around for over 40 yrs.

You think the pharmacists at 4 different major chain pharmacies all independently decided to make a buck and it has zero to do with ACA?
Old 03-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #75
AmeliaG

Quote:
its still a problem. the baby boomers are getting older.

So you are opposed to socialized medicine which would provide for everyone why?

And you are opposed to a free market which would right price medicine why?
Old 03-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #76
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
I think everyone has forgot the op as if this is suppose to be a good thing that Obama put together with the ACA, then why does he want to give the Insurance companies 5.5 billion dollars?
think about that
Old 03-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #77
RyuLion

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
You hate Obama. We get it.

Obamacare has a long way to go. It's such a shame that Republicans are less interested in doing their job and making improvements to the lives of Americans, and more interested in bitching like little girls.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #78
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:

Ofcourse you don't, because you likely have no issues getting it. Meanwhile there are millions of Americans whom could not get healthcare because insurance companies denied them for pre-existing conditions. Now they can't do that..
Old 03-10-2014, 11:29 AM   #79
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
The cash price was $60.

Since ACA, the cash price is now $1,500.

If you have insurance, I assume your copay on $1,500 is more than $60.

Everyone should have access to healthcare. The ACA is just corporate welfare for insurance companies and big pharma.

I am not an expert, but it is my understanding that insurance companies are not allowed to make more than a certain % of profit. This means that they need healthcare to cost more, so they can make more. They can't increase their margins, so they have to increase both their gross and COGS in order to increase their profits.
It's just corporate welfare, if that's the case then why are Republicans so bent out of shape about it? They should be over happy with joy, Republicans never have a issue with corporate welfare to big oil, the defense contractors or any other big corporate leeches that manage to suck off the govt tit.

I'm sorry but until Republicans start getting all high an mighty about giving corporate welfare to big oil/gas/coal, the defense contractors and all their other favorite corporate welfare queens, then they can just continue to Pune sand and cry like little babies about ACA. I will enjoy pointing and laughing about it too..
Old 03-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #80
AmeliaG

Quote:
It's just corporate welfare, if that's the case then why are Republicans so bent out of shape about it? They should be over happy with joy, Republicans never have a issue with corporate welfare to big oil, the defense contractors or any other big corporate leeches that manage to suck off the govt tit.

I'm sorry but until Republicans start getting all high an mighty about giving corporate welfare to big oil/gas/coal, the defense contractors and all their other favorite corporate welfare queens, then they can just continue to Pune sand and cry like little babies about ACA. I will enjoy pointing and laughing about it too..

Anyone logical should be bent out of shape about corporate welfare for billionaires, whatever the industry is. Are you suggesting that corporate welfare for the military industrial complex is awesome? We spend more on military than something like the next 9 nations in the world put together. Meanwhile, we take mediocre care of our veterans because mega corps don't benefit from that.

Obamacare essentially is Romneycare. If you think ACA would have been different with a Republican administration, you didn't watch the presidential debates.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #81
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Ofcourse you don't, because you likely have no issues getting it. Meanwhile there are millions of Americans whom could not get healthcare because insurance companies denied them for pre-existing conditions. Now they can't do that..
crockett, you're ignoring the facts...there are now LESS people insured and the people who are insured are now paying the highest premiums in history.

Yes, the intentions (at least the ones that we were lied to about) were "good".

But you're blind if you think what has actually happened is a good thing.

You are also conveniently forgetting that not only is the United States flat broke...we are 17 TRILLION dollars in debt already! You know, the thing that CANDIDATE Obama declared was "un-American" of Bush to run up the debt to begin with.

There ARE things the govt. could have done to bring down healthcare costs. But this Pres. made a deal in the first few months of his Presidency with pharmaceutical companies to insure that they could continue to charge U.S. customers 4 and 5 times MORE than any other country on Earth.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #82
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Anyone logical should be bent out of shape about corporate welfare for billionaires, whatever the industry is. Are you suggesting that corporate welfare for the military industrial complex is awesome? We spend more on military than something like the next 9 nations in the world put together. Meanwhile, we take mediocre care of our veterans because mega corps don't benefit from that.

Obamacare essentially is Romneycare. If you think ACA would have been different with a Republican administration, you didn't watch the presidential debates.
I've been using the VA for a little while now and I couldn't be happier. Everyone there it seems is doing pretty good. It's tough to see the list of 67 Senators, Most all of which were democrats that voted to cut the pensions of US Military Veterans. Since then, they voted again and reversed it. I think we need to vote on their pensions!

As for Romneycare, I've seen where it's costing the government more and more every year since it started, so if it's truly a copy, were so fucked
think about that
Old 03-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #83
kane

Quote:
crockett, you're ignoring the facts...there are now LESS people insured and the people who are insured are now paying the highest premiums in history.

Yes, the intentions (at least the ones that we were lied to about) were "good".

But you're blind if you think what has actually happened is a good thing.

You are also conveniently forgetting that not only is the United States flat broke...we are 17 TRILLION dollars in debt already! You know, the thing that CANDIDATE Obama declared was "un-American" of Bush to run up the debt to begin with.

There ARE things the govt. could have done to bring down healthcare costs. But this Pres. made a deal in the first few months of his Presidency with pharmaceutical companies to insure that they could continue to charge U.S. customers 4 and 5 times MORE than any other country on Earth.
The pharm companies and their prices is a big issue with me. I take one medication that costs $320 for a 30 day supply if I pay cash at a pharmacy for it. That is the lowest price I can find. It can range up to $360 at other pharmacies. I can buy the exact same medication made by the exact same company online from an overseas company for $70 and the include free airmail shipping.

It just isn't right.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #84
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
The pharm companies and their prices is a big issue with me. I take one medication that costs $320 for a 30 day supply if I pay cash at a pharmacy for it. That is the lowest price I can find. It can range up to $360 at other pharmacies. I can buy the exact same medication made by the exact same company online from an overseas company for $70 and the include free airmail shipping.

It just isn't right.
I agree 100%.

I've been screaming about this on GFY since the Pres. decided to do "health care" in 2009.

I was in shock when it was revealed to be nothing more than an insurance scam and did nothing to address the FACT that in the U.S.A. we pay 4 to 5 times more than anywhere else on Earth for EVERYTHING health related.

I was especially pissed off when the FIRST thing Pres. Obama did in relation to "health care" was have a meeting with the heads of the big pharma corporations and promise NOT to force them to stop extorting the American people.

And of course Tort Reform wasn't discussed. Neither was the entire hospital/insurance company scam where the hospital charges outrageous prices like a $50 paper cup for the water to take your $10 tylenol pill.

And guys like Tony were saying that was because people used the emergency room???

Fuck no! The hospitals are making an OBSCENE profit margin!

http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/30/pro...yo-clinic.html

We have been getting screwed ever since the govt. came up with HMO's a few decades back. And every time the govt. touches health care, the costs just keep skyrocketing.

Think about it...an infinite amount of "free" money to play with.

Can you just imagine if you owned a business where you could simply charge ANYTHING you wanted and people were forced to pay it by the govt.???
Old 03-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #85
Imortyl Pussycat
Confirmed User

Robbie is spot on that Obama will let the next Pres. take the fall for the bailouts, the fucked health care and new taxes to cover it and just wait.....the interest rates cannot sustain at the low they are now. He will figure a way to push that off until he leaves as well. then it will be the next guys fault that the interest has to be right side up again to prevent further economical collapse. and of course that too will be the fault of the Republicans. Obama sucks so bad I can't wait to see him go no matter who replaces him ( Hillary is much more capable and I say that as a Republican).

Buy & Sell Ads on The Most Sexy Advertising Network on the Planet
available ad spots | sign up now
Imortyl Pussycat is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:58 PM   #86
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imortyl Pussycat View Post
Robbie is spot on that Obama will let the next Pres. take the fall for the bailouts, the fucked health care and new taxes to cover it and just wait.....the interest rates cannot sustain at the low they are now. He will figure a way to push that off until he leaves as well. then it will be the next guys fault that the interest has to be right side up again to prevent further economical collapse. and of course that too will be the fault of the Republicans. Obama sucks so bad I can't wait to see him go no matter who replaces him ( Hillary is much more capable and I say that as a Republican).
I think if Hillary works like her husband did, we would be a lot better off, considering he did something that Obama can't, work with the other side to get shit done!

Getting tired of liberals whining that the republicans won't do what the president tells them to do, fucking embarrassing.
think about that
Old 03-10-2014, 04:04 PM   #87
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Jesus!

I just watched Al Sharpton's MSNBC show.

My God!

First off the tagline to the discussion of ObamaCare was "WE got you covered"
In other words MSNBC isn't even pretending anymore. The Obama administration is "WE" when it comes to MSNBC!

And the "discussion" that Sharpton had with Rep. Jim McDermott consisted of the two of them agreeing and smirking about how Republicans just can't accept ObamaCare.

The two of them went on to be indignant that the Republicans just can't come out of their "fantasy world" and realize how much the American people WANT Obamacare!!!

McDermott and Sharpton then discussed how MILLIONS of Americans would be outraged if ObamaCare were to be repealed because of how great their new low-cost health insurance is.

What world are they living in on MSNBC?

I watched it and was just stunned at how completely out of touch and elitist the far left are in this country.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #88
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Jesus!

I just watched Al Sharpton's MSNBC show.

My God!

First off the tagline to the discussion of ObamaCare was "WE got you covered"
In other words MSNBC isn't even pretending anymore. The Obama administration is "WE" when it comes to MSNBC!

And the "discussion" that Sharpton had with Rep. Jim McDermott consisted of the two of them agreeing and smirking about how Republicans just can't accept ObamaCare.

The two of them went on to be indignant that the Republicans just can't come out of their "fantasy world" and realize how much the American people WANT Obamacare!!!

McDermott and Sharpton then discussed how MILLIONS of Americans would be outraged if ObamaCare were to be repealed because of how great their new low-cost health insurance is.

What world are they living in on MSNBC?

I watched it and was just stunned at how completely out of touch and elitist the far left are in this country.
Ignore the facts, we don't need no stinking facts

I'm so tired of the bullshit, I just registered as a Libertarian , I think I will happier as one
think about that
Old 03-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #89
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Wow, I was just reading about the 40% tax on Cadillac insurance plans offered by Unions that are coming up, jebus, that's going to hurt a lot of people and it's going to hurt the unions too. If you are in a union, you can't get Subsidies. But if you change your job to a non union position, you can actually get a pay raise because of Subsidies.

http://www.bloombergview.com/article...are?cmpid=yhoo
think about that
Old 03-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #90
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Yeah, most of the unions have already gotten exemptions of course.

I heard on the news this morning that the first union that endorsed candidate Obama back in 2008 has come out AGAINST Obama Care.

And they are one of the unions who has NOT gotten an exemption yet.

They said that after paying higher premiums and deductible...that it is going to end up being a pay CUT for union workers of $5 an hour.

I don't know if their figures are right, but it can't bode well for this if the unions themselves want no part of it.

Apparently they all want to be one of the over 1,200 organizations that the Pres. gave an exemption to.

It's fucking unreal. If it's so good...then why would ANYBODY want an exemption? Shouldn't all those unions and companies be begging for ObamaCare instead of trying to NOT take part in it?

Nope, the only people who can't get an exemption are the regular citizens of the United States.

And apparently the President has powers to just change the law at will and say who has to obey it and who doesn't.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #91
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:

And apparently the President has powers to just change the law at will and say who has to obey it and who doesn't.
One of the things that Rand Paul is suing Obama over as being unconstitutional, that and the NSA use of warrants with nobodies name on it to get information
think about that
Old 03-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #92
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendzilla View Post
I've been using the VA for a little while now and I couldn't be happier. Everyone there it seems is doing pretty good. It's tough to see the list of 67 Senators, Most all of which were democrats that voted to cut the pensions of US Military Veterans. Since then, they voted again and reversed it. I think we need to vote on their pensions!

As for Romneycare, I've seen where it's costing the government more and more every year since it started, so if it's truly a copy, were so fucked
Healthcare costs go up every year. Period. They always do, always will.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:39 PM   #93
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
Healthcare costs go up every year. Period. They always do, always will.
That's not what was promised when Obama pushed Obamacare.

And Palin didn't say i can see Russia from her house

Read more
think about that
Old 03-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #94
directfiesta

Industry Role:
from today:

Quote:
Survey: Uninsured Rate Drops; Health Law Cited
With just three weeks left to sign up under President Barack Obama's health care law, a major survey tracking the rollout finds that the uninsured rate keeps going down.

The Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, released Monday, found that 15.9 percent of U.S. adults are uninsured thus far in 2014, down from 17.1 percent for the last three months ? or calendar quarter? of 2013.
Still Obamacare should be sent to the junkyard... just a a shiny new car of which the motor, transmission, brakes, etc ... has been stripped.

But I can't figure out how he can breathe or type , at the same time ....
directfiesta is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:01 PM   #95
AmeliaG

Quote:

It just isn't right.

When I was looking at business schools, I had lunch with an MBA candidate who worked for one of the pharma giants and he was complaining bitterly about those countries where they had to charge lower rates for "humanitarian" reasons and he was using sarcastic finger quotes for the word humanitarian. Not that selling in Asia was not profitable, just less so. Mind you, his employer was still making enough to cover the tab for his $200k grad school for just a middle manager.

I know quite a few people who have been happy seeing doctors in the US and ordering whatever is prescribed online. That way they get the right medication with the right guidance, but they don't pay $360 for something which should be $70 if that.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #96
kane

Quote:
When I was looking at business schools, I had lunch with an MBA candidate who worked for one of the pharma giants and he was complaining bitterly about those countries where they had to charge lower rates for "humanitarian" reasons and he was using sarcastic finger quotes for the word humanitarian. Not that selling in Asia was not profitable, just less so. Mind you, his employer was still making enough to cover the tab for his $200k grad school for just a middle manager.

I know quite a few people who have been happy seeing doctors in the US and ordering whatever is prescribed online. That way they get the right medication with the right guidance, but they don't pay $360 for something which should be $70 if that.
I was reading a little while back about a cancer drug that costs $85,000 for a cycle. The company that makes it is the only company that makes a drug to fight this specific kind of cancer so you don't have any other options. After 5 years on the market the recouped all of their costs so it is now all profit and only costs them about $500 to manufacture the cycle. When asked if they would lower the price since they were nor profitable with the drug so more people could have access to it an exec from the company said, "I have no idea why we would do that."
Old 03-10-2014, 06:30 PM   #97
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:

No I'm just saying all this so called Republican Rage for guys like Vend and the Right Wing talking heads is nothing more than a dog and pony show. They' don't give a flying fuck about money spent by the govt for corporate welfare as long as it's their team's corporate welfare.

So I'm saying they want to bitch and moan about ACA then they can pound sand until they start bitching and moaning about all the corporate welfare that they dish out to their very own corporate campaign sponsors..
crockett is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:01 PM   #98
AmeliaG

Quote:
No I'm just saying all this so called Republican Rage for guys like Vend and the Right Wing talking heads is nothing more than a dog and pony show. They' don't give a flying fuck about money spent by the govt for corporate welfare as long as it's their team's corporate welfare.

So I'm saying they want to bitch and moan about ACA then they can pound sand until they start bitching and moaning about all the corporate welfare that they dish out to their very own corporate campaign sponsors..

So it is okay that I am bitching and moaning about ACA because I am also bitching and moaning about all the other corporate welfare?

As long as there are people waving their "team's" flag like being an American citizen is the same thing as a high school football game, the real issues will go unaddressed.

We should be discussing how to achieve universal healthcare, but instead it is all a bunch of name-calling and teams and rich-get-richer nonsense that hurts small and medium-sized businesspeople.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:08 PM   #99
Joshua G
dumb libs love censorship

Industry Role:
Quote:
We should be discussing how to achieve universal healthcare, but instead it is all a bunch of name-calling and teams and rich-get-richer nonsense that hurts small and medium-sized businesspeople.
the main divide in the healthcare debate is what the governments role should be in the system. one side wants a capitalist system, the other wants the government providing medicare-for-all. Obamacare is a frankensteinien hybrid that brings out the worst of both ideas. when the treasury can no longer sell its debt, & the system is bankrupt, then hard decisions will be made. but no sooner.
Joshua G is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #100
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
So it is okay that I am bitching and moaning about ACA because I am also bitching and moaning about all the other corporate welfare?

As long as there are people waving their "team's" flag like being an American citizen is the same thing as a high school football game, the real issues will go unaddressed.

I have nothing against modifying ACA to make it better or to create something better and scrap it. However the Republicans want to do neither, they just want to bitch and moan but never offer any solutions.

What is the Republican's solution besides "bootstraps" and give more money to defense contractors & big oil? I'm not going to argue if ACA is good or bad, it has both good and bad points. However until the right decides to start being part of a solution then they can simply pound sand as I mentioned.

As long as the right fails to act as a partner in efforts to move forward with health care or insurance for everyone then ACA is what we have and that's what we get. The left can't do it all by themselves nor can they attempt to make ACA better due to the right having control of the house.

That means ACA can't be made better due to the right only wanting to destroy it. You really think if John Boner came forward with a plan to improve ACA and turn it into a single payer system or universal health care that Obama and the Democrats would ignore him?

The problem isn't the left or Obama.. The problem is the right has only one option and that is destroying ACA and having no health care except the same old broken system we had before.

Last edited by crockett; 03-10-2014 at 08:01 PM..
crockett is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >